Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: HELP! Alarm wont shut off!!  (Read 26337 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: HELP! Alarm wont shut off!!
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 11:43:10 PM »

Battery was fine,  checked it and it was on a battery tender all the time...

Bike was towed ($95!!) to the dealer today.  The alarm module is fried!  Thats why I couldn't get it to disarm with the PIN.  This bike has 230 miles on it and hasnt left my garage since I got it.

Dealer has no idea what caused it,  but he is replacing the module and a wiring loom.  He said something didnt look right from the factory...

Thx to everyone who chimed in!

Scott

Don't you have any tow coverage at all on your bike?  Maybe on your insurance policy?  You should have received your free HOG membership with your new bike that covers you for I believe up to $100 towing.  I believe the wording is breakdown away from your home, so you broke down in front of your next door neighbor's house.  That is away from home.  I'd contact them and see if they will reimburse you or not.

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2009, 03:31:47 AM »

Battery was fine,  checked it and it was on a battery tender all the time...

Bike was towed ($95!!) to the dealer today.  The alarm module is fried!  Thats why I couldn't get it to disarm with the PIN.  This bike has 230 miles on it and hasnt left my garage since I got it.

Dealer has no idea what caused it,  but he is replacing the module and a wiring loom.  He said something didnt look right from the factory...

Thx to everyone who chimed in!

Scott
Glad you go it sorted out. No lesson to be learned here.

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2009, 08:50:05 AM »

Don't you have any tow coverage at all on your bike?  Maybe on your insurance policy?  You should have received your free HOG membership with your new bike that covers you for I believe up to $100 towing.  I believe the wording is breakdown away from your home, so you broke down in front of your next door neighbor's house.  That is away from home.  I'd contact them and see if they will reimburse you or not.

Comedy of errors on the tow insurance...

No HOG as the bike was bought used (231 miles)
No Towing on Insurance,  as the bike is only covered for comprehensive during the winter when its not ridden
No Harley Extended warranty towing,  as I havent purchesed the warranty yet (was going to do this summer)

Many lessons learned!

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2009, 09:07:21 AM »

Chit

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2009, 09:10:46 AM »

Comedy of errors on the tow insurance...

No HOG as the bike was bought used (231 miles)
No Towing on Insurance,  as the bike is only covered for comprehensive during the winter when its not ridden
No Harley Extended warranty towing,  as I havent purchesed the warranty yet (was going to do this summer)

Many lessons learned!

Where are you located and who do you have your bike insurance with?  I know that here in PA, every company I have had bikes insured with have one a yearly rate, which is likely a bit lower than in the warmer states, since they know you won't be riding for the most part during the winter.  They adjust for that into their pricing.  I didn't think any companies up north still did it the way you have it set up.  Also, how did you end up with a bike with only 231 miles used?

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2009, 09:43:17 AM »

Where are you located and who do you have your bike insurance with?  I know that here in PA, every company I have had bikes insured with have one a yearly rate, which is likely a bit lower than in the warmer states, since they know you won't be riding for the most part during the winter.  They adjust for that into their pricing.  I didn't think any companies up north still did it the way you have it set up.  Also, how did you end up with a bike with only 231 miles used?

I am with American Modern... They insure my 'special' 4 wheeled toys and do unique packages... I only pay one premium for collision,  as they realize I can only drive one car at a time,  and they do stated value on Hot Rods etc....

Well......  The bike was purchased from a local harley dealer,  along w/ a buell by a guy who builds homes (can you guess the next part?)

Three weeks later he went bankrupt and sold both bikes  to a independant dealer. Harley knows this dealer,  as thats where they send all the trade-ins they cant sell (crotch rockets).  So one thing led to another and I found my SERK!  It was Dyno'd,  so I dont know how many miles were put on doing that,  but he must have ridden it only a few miles...  I cant complain!

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2016, 02:33:01 PM »

I know this an old thread.
Here is my question
When replacing batteries on both key and fob, both main key and spare do I need something to restart the system?
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2016, 03:27:08 PM »

Nope.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2016, 09:48:01 AM »

I want to thank everyone on this thread....It really helped me!
Yesterday I replaced 4 batteries key and FOB on both sets of keys.
The alarm went off!
I tried to enter the code but I could not get the numbers to show up in the odometer ??
The more I messed with trying to rest the system I remembered reading here check the battery I opened the FOB and sure enough the guy that replaced my battery put it in upside down.
Thanks
Now another question if the system is up and working should I be able to enter my security code?
I still cant the numbers to show in the odometer.
1.  Run switch is off
2.  turn Ing switch to ACC then quickly hold both Lt. and Rt. turn signals.
No change on my odometer.
I do see the security key blinking on the odometer gauge.  I do think the system is working.  I just hate the alarm going off...UGH!
Thanks for your input.
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2016, 11:04:40 AM »

RedEagle, while bike on kickstand ign off, turn keyswitch to ign, press both turn signal switches, this should get you to the step of inputing your pin code.

the sequence you described earlier will put yer bike in transport mode. The owners manual has instructions for this, please refer to it for clairification.

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.