Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: HELP! Alarm wont shut off!!  (Read 26375 times)

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
HELP! Alarm wont shut off!!
« on: February 18, 2009, 08:27:31 PM »

2008 SERK

First thx to everyone for all the great advise,  and come this spring  she will finally leave the garage (and I will be off crutches)

I have 2 Fobs with new batts and if I go to turn on the ignition the alarm goes off.  This started a few weeks ago.  Going thru the manual for the manual disarm doesnt work.  I hold in both turn signals and dont get the confirmation.

I cant get the bike to the dealer because of snow,  but I need to work on her adding toys!

Nothing has changed,  it was even happening when I put the LED Taillight in,  but it would shut off after a few.  I tried to disconnect the battery and that didnt work....

Ideas???

Scott

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
Re: HELP! Alarm wont shut off!!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 08:42:00 PM »

well,  according to your handle,,  you can't hear the darn thing anyway.

SO ,  continue working on the bike til a neighbor comes over and hits you with something.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

pull the main breaker.  install your parts,  then call the dealer and tell them to come pick it up and fix it.

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 09:11:16 PM »

well,  according to your handle,,  you can't hear the darn thing anyway.

SO ,  continue working on the bike til a neighbor comes over and hits you with something.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

pull the main breaker.  install your parts,  then call the dealer and tell them to come pick it up and fix it.

Pulling the maxi fuse doesnt stop the alarm,  neither does disconnecting the bat. There must be a seperate battery for the alarm?

I just read in another forum http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/vrsc-motorcycle-family-general-discussions/33212-alarm-won-t-turn-off-help.htmlthat fobs can get forgotten,  but I cant even do the damm over-ride!!

I gots me one good ear dammit!!!!!

I need power to get the toys working tho...  Have the dealer pick it up??? I wish!!  I am gonna have to call AAA,  but it's gonna be a bitch to get up on a flatbed with 1 person...

scott
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 09:35:09 PM by deaf1 »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 09:46:14 PM »

Doesn't the dealer have a bike trailer that he can send to you or loan you to get it to his shop?   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 10:19:31 PM »

DAMN,  one call to my dealer and 2 guys come out in a van and pick it up at no charge.

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 11:06:12 PM »

If there is still power, the override with the turn signal buttons should work.You have to be pretty precise with both the ignition switch,(watch your digital mileage indicator for confirmation) then use the default number from the manual-unless you changed it. The numbers that you enter will show in the indicator. or wait til the battery dies- it will stop then too

spookytooth

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 11:33:32 PM »

Mine did that when I was on a trip in Nowhere, Utah.
I turned out that when I added an accessory before the trip I did not tighten the battery connection tight enough.
That loose connection would still provide power to the bike, but caused the alarm to go nuts.
Good Luck.
2007 FLHTCUSE2
SERT
V & H True Duals
Reinhart Mufflers
SEAC

igofar

• Senior CVO Member
  • IBA #27368
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 11:38:54 PM »

Battery.....
Make sure the battery is fully charged and the connections are good.
I'm not sure why but if there is battery issues, the alarm gets really dumb!
Get the battery fully charged, turn on the ignition with the fob nearby and then pull the maxi fuse.
That is how you are supposed to disconnect the battery on these smart new things.

Been there, done that!

Brad

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 12:08:26 AM »

DAMN,  one call to my dealer and 2 guys come out in a van and pick it up at no charge.

That doesnt happen in Chicago!!

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 12:10:25 AM »

If there is still power, the override with the turn signal buttons should work.You have to be pretty precise with both the ignition switch,(watch your digital mileage indicator for confirmation) then use the default number from the manual-unless you changed it. The numbers that you enter will show in the indicator. or wait til the battery dies- it will stop then too

The cycle has always been on a battery tender.  I have tried the damm ignition switch and hold in both turn signals...  Alarm goes off no matter what....

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 12:12:14 AM »

Battery.....
Make sure the battery is fully charged and the connections are good.
I'm not sure why but if there is battery issues, the alarm gets really dumb!
Get the battery fully charged, turn on the ignition with the fob nearby and then pull the maxi fuse.
That is how you are supposed to disconnect the battery on these smart new things.

Been there, done that!

Brad

Brad, 

So pulling the fuse is the same as disconnecting the battery???

Does it re-sync the fob!

THIS SUCKS!

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 12:24:08 AM »

:'(

disconnected the battery,  pulled the maxi-fuse and the alarm still goes off!  Where the hell is it getting power from???

I am gonna get my shotgun!

Eagle Soars

• Full CVO Member
  • formerly known as "UpChuck82"

• CVO1: '09 FLHTCUSE4 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 12:34:37 AM »

Maybe the LED tail light is causing it, or whatever you put on electrical prior to that.  :nixweiss: :confused5:

I've been researching LED lights lately, and a lot of the specs will say "alarm compatable", which leads me to believe that some aren't.  So maybe the one you have is not compatable?  :nixweiss:
2009 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
Arlen Ness Big Sucker (Chrome Backplate) w/ KN Filter
SERT
SE Slip-Ons

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 12:37:02 AM »

Maybe the LED tail light is causing it, or whatever you put on electrical prior to that.  :nixweiss: :confused5:

I've been researching LED lights lately, and a lot of the specs will say "alarm compatable", which leads me to believe that some aren't.  So maybe the one you have is not compatable?  :nixweiss:

Good thought,  but it was doing this before I added anything...  It just had been in hibernation for 6 months on a battery tender.  I just dont get why I cant do the manual override...  Tried it 30+ times

Eagle Soars

• Full CVO Member
  • formerly known as "UpChuck82"

• CVO1: '09 FLHTCUSE4 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 01:06:55 AM »

:'(

disconnected the battery,  pulled the maxi-fuse and the alarm still goes off!  Where the hell is it getting power from???

I am gonna get my shotgun!

Stupid question alert  :P  :  is the battery tender still plugged into the outlet (and the battery), thus where the power is coming from?  I gave it a shot  :nixweiss:
2009 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
Arlen Ness Big Sucker (Chrome Backplate) w/ KN Filter
SERT
SE Slip-Ons
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 20 queries.