Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: full faced modular helmets  (Read 15084 times)

2009FLTRSE3

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
Re: full faced modular helmets
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2009, 05:09:43 PM »

I am looking to buy 2 new full faced modular helmets. Does anyone have any suggestions? I suppose thats a dumb question around here as there never seems a shortage of opions. So please post some opions, all are welcome.  :2vrolijk_21:

I am also curious about womens helmets. My wife is very petite and looks ackward with a full sized shell with padding to make the helmet small. Does anyone make a small shelled helmet? :nixweiss:

For me the problem has not finding a Helmet that fits, as much as finding a female pasenger you can stand to be around that fits (petite) consider yourself lucky!

Bull_Duck

• FL

• CVO1: 2008 Dyna FXDSE2 105th Anniversary - Copper Metallic & Black
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2009, 05:27:22 PM »

I went with the HD stealth flame model.  ...I have had good luck with it in the rain and cold, summer I do still ride with a half helmet on local rides.
98216-05V
MSRP US $275.00

+1 for the HD Stealth.

Bought one about 12 months ago. It became my favorite helmet until I bought my HD 3/4 Carbon. Good to have both. In two years perhaps I will cycle out my HD Stealth for a full face flip lid in light weight carbon. Helmets keep getting better and better.
2000 Deuce, Screamin' Eagle # Tangerine Paint Set
2008 FXDSE2 105th Anniversary CVO Dyna
2008 FLTR 105th Anniversary Road Glide

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2009, 06:07:12 PM »

At 108 degree's here in Arizona a full face helmet just doesn't seem right. :-\
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2009, 10:36:46 AM »

I only wish the Stealth had a chin curtain for the colder weather. I get a brutal updraft and that would help alot.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

ThomasK

• Full CVO Member
    • CVO2: 2011 SE Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2009, 07:10:23 AM »

Nolan N43 air. That fits me perfectly
Greetings from Frankfurt/Germany
ThomasK

Pollux

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2009, 11:24:55 AM »

My wife and i have Schuberth J1 and C2 with bluesonic wireless communication and bluetoothmotorstation for the bike.
for me its super.

LA RK

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2009, 06:48:15 PM »

Anybody looked at the Shark Evoline full faced modular?  The chin guard flips 180 degrees back and is made so you can ride with it that way as well as closed.  Neat concept and reviews seem good but would like to hear from anybody here who has tried one?  Would also want to put a JM headset into it and wondered how it would fit.

See it at http://www.americanrider.com/output.cfm?id=2104471
I bought a Shark Evoline about 4 months ago. Prior to that I'd been using a Shoei Multitec. The Shoei is a first class helmet with a easy to use shield system. The Shark isn't quite as plush inside but it's nice and superbly finished. The liner is removable and washable. The big plus is it's convertible to a 3/4 helmet on the fly. Really slick. I ride in 3/4 mode 95% of the time but when it rains I just rotate the chin piece forward from it's stowed position and I'm back to full face protection! Haven't used my Multitec since I got it.
2011 FLTRUSE

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2009, 07:35:58 PM »

Last Sunday one of the riders on my Ride Like A Pro West Coast class had a helmet called the SHARK. It was a GREAT looking helmet. When filpped up, the face seated nicely into the back side of the helmet producing a flushed spoiler look. It comes with two face shields installed, a clear out one, and a dark "Jet Pilot" inside.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2009, 08:21:19 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

Chuck Pryor

• Elite CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 09 SERG Silver/Titanium
    • CVO2: 86 FLST
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2009, 08:35:30 PM »

I went with the HD stealth flame model.  When in the open position it still is aero enough that the chin bar doesn't catch any wind like some modulars.  I thas a thumb release in the center of the chin bar and easily opens with one hand to flip it up.

I have had good luck with it in the rain and cold, summer I do still ride with a half helmet on local rides.

98216-05V

MSRP US $275.00

RJ749 and all... after some research I found this Helmet is made for HD by KBC... I got this EXACT Helmet (from KBC) for $150.00...  unless you really like the HD logo you can save yourself some $$. But it is a VERY nice helmet either way.  The KBC brand is the KBC "FFR" modular helmet.

Chuck Pryor

• Elite CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 09 SERG Silver/Titanium
    • CVO2: 86 FLST
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2009, 08:47:59 PM »

RJ749 and all... after some research I found this Helmet is made for HD by KBC... I got this EXACT Helmet (from KBC) for $150.00...  unless you really like the HD logo you can save yourself some $$. But it is a VERY nice helmet either way.  The KBC brand is the KBC "FFR" modular helmet.

BTW, here's a link... they have solid colors and a few variations on graphics.

CAP

http://www.webbikeworld.com/kbc-helmet/

awalker14

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTUCSE Black/Crimson
    • CVO2: 19 BMW R1250 GSA
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2009, 08:17:07 AM »

Just a followup to my earlier post regarding the Shark Evoline.  I bought one three mos. ago and wore it on a 6,000 mile trip which included a visit to Hood River during the NW GTG.  I appreciate the design of the helmet allowing it to be worn either fully closed or with the face piece flipped back as a 3/4 helmet.  Little or no wind noise, makes refueling quick and easy without having to remove it, let's some cool air in when needed, (trip was in July with 100+ degree days), used the flip down sun shield riding into the afternoon sun, and using the J&M installed headset allowed for great bike to bike communication, cell phone use (using Jim Bissonette's BT device), and full days of good music covering 700 miles a day.  I bought a Large which was too snug at first, but the XL was too big.  I ended up removing a front small piece of padding at the forehead which I think is just used to scale down the XL to a L but left all else alone and it now fits great.  Besides all of that, I got the "Absolute" version in black with charcoal tribal graphics which matches my black/crimson SEUC.  Since then, my riding buddy has bought one for himself and his wife.  They're pricey but as the wise Turk said, "Buy the best and cry once". ;)
06 Black/Candy Crimson FLHTCUSE; V&H TD's Ovals SE AC PCIII; SE Hyd Tens & Camplate Redshift 575's; Detach TP w/ Corbin Gunfighter; Zumo w/ 8gb SDHC (a lot of tunes)Clearview 8" Recurve; Minibeast II 128db Airhorn

vtyanqui

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SERK Anniversary Model
    • CVO2: 09 SERG "Silver"
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2009, 10:17:14 AM »

I currently ride with a Shoei Multitec and have for the past two years and love it.  The only suggestion I would have with any full faced helmet is to try a size larger.  I wear a medium size open-face but with a full faced helmet whether Shoei, Arai, or Nolan I need a large.  Good luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 21 queries.