Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 256476 times)

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #360 on: April 30, 2010, 12:54:48 AM »

Hi Sam, Good to hear your doing good, except for your weather,
 hope it clears so you can get in some riding time.
Have fun and stay safe, prayers are going your way,  Mike 

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #361 on: May 12, 2010, 09:39:50 PM »

Hi Sam  I hope that all is going well for you. My prayers are with you. kb
kb

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #362 on: May 20, 2010, 09:06:04 AM »

Sam,
Hope all is well with you and Sue I know you have been busy with the twin grandsons.
Just checking!
God Bless my friend,
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #363 on: June 01, 2010, 02:09:07 AM »

Hello Friends and Family,

Thanks so n much for your continued prayers. There's so much going on in my family right now I can hardly keep it straight. I've been getting out on the bikes for a few haours at a time. I really thought I'd be doing better than what I've been doing. A bit discouraged with my progress. I get winded so easy especially on those hot and humid days. I can hardly breath. I do have a heathy hunger and have scratched that itch pretty good. I have gained back 10 pounds that chemo took away. My Doc said I still have a long road ahead, I find that to be better than earlier advice the Doc's gave when they said I should get my ducks in a row. My head has started to spout some hair, it's coming in thick, soft and very slow. My beard is growing a little bit faster but not to thick and it's mostly white. All the other body hair has not started to grow yet at all. My hearing isn't doing to good. Although, sometimes that's a real benefit. ha ha ha

Stil set to leave the 12th for the trip to Nova Scotia Cabot Trail. Sue will ride with me and Delta will be on his Ultra. I hope I don't sloww down the ride that they are hoping for. Should be able to slow the pace down once we get to Alma, NB, Canada on the West shore of the Bay of Fundy also a must see is the ROCK. There is a fifty foot tite to see, good for a few shots with the camera too.

Thanks again so much for being ther for me and Sue, I want to meet everyone of you and I hope I can pull it off before the end of rideing season this year.

Your friend chappy   aka   Sam
Ps 118:8

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #364 on: June 01, 2010, 09:13:43 AM »

Hello Sam  :)

It is great to hear the word " progress " in your update,  even though it may not be at the pace you would like to be at, it is still great to hear it is moving in the right direction.  I know you will enjoy the ride to our East Coast,  it is some of the most wonderful countryside you will ever see, and some great riding as an added bonus.  You remain in our thoughts and prayers Sam and Sue and thankful for your continued recovery.

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #365 on: June 01, 2010, 10:08:19 AM »

Sam,
It's great to hear from you and that the progress continues!
We keep you and Sue in our prayers daily.
Keep up the good work.
Look forward to meeting you this year.
Your friend,
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #366 on: June 01, 2010, 10:29:42 AM »

Good morning Sam.  What ever you have been doing sure seems to be working,keep going. My prayers are with you. kb
kb

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #367 on: June 01, 2010, 07:35:06 PM »

Sam  :2vrolijk_21:

You are allways in my prayers.

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

Donny B

« Reply #368 on: June 05, 2010, 04:55:56 PM »

Attitude and a good outlook is the best thing for you to do, Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.
Head up, God Bless. Don

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #369 on: June 05, 2010, 09:43:58 PM »

Sam,

Good to hear from you, I hope you and Sue enjoy your trip and the weather is great every day.  Maybe not too hot and humid if your lucky.

Good to hear from you, take a lot of pictures for us all.  As always you are in our prayers.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

countryboymt

• CVO1: 2007 ultra red and black,
« Reply #370 on: June 06, 2010, 01:56:53 PM »

WOW! I have been off the site all winter, doing my snowmobiling forums, I have to tell you Chappy, I am glad I read this at work,Where no one could witness the emotions this read brought out. I laughed with you, cried for you , Wept with your wife, Stood in the background with admiration in my face at the pictures of your, yet to be born grandchildren,And stood shoulder to shoulder with My new found friends,(That i have never met) On here.  If on your tour around the country, you come through the north west, Let me know, I would be honered to meet up with you and put a few miles under the bikes. You my friend are truly Inspirational.
Bryan

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #371 on: June 17, 2010, 10:30:57 AM »

Can't wait to see some pictures from your trip, hope your having a blast and really enjoying yourselves.  Mike

swat1

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
« Reply #372 on: June 17, 2010, 05:18:11 PM »

Sam, Glad to hear the progress cant wait to see your pictures
That just happened

grit

• GRIT
  • Junior CVO Member
  • CVO 2009; FLHTCUSE Stardust Silver/Twilight Blue
« Reply #373 on: June 25, 2010, 04:22:39 PM »

Haven't been on the site for a while Chappy but my prayers for you and yours have continued as promised and will until you have complete recovery. It sounds like you are getting there. Keep the faith and be safe.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #374 on: June 25, 2010, 06:11:48 PM »

Hello Family and Friends,

I hope all is well with you and yours.

It’s been a while since my last update on things here, so here’s the scoop.
Sorry it's so long!!!!
Because I'm as long winded as usual, I have to post in 2 parts
this is part 1 of 2

Sue and I got back from our trip to NB and NS Canada. We traveled just under 2000 miles round trip. A very close friend Delta rode with us, always a pleasure to ride with him and as usual we had a great time. I was a bit under the weather most of the trip, even though, still had a great time. The money exchange rate was worse than I have ever seen. Nothing was a bargain, Rooms and Food was highly priced. In fact middle of the road type rooms were as highly priced in Canada as upper middle class Hotel/Motels in the northeast of the States. More than not the evening meal for the 3 of us cost more than the room for the night. We ate a lot of seafood, it was very good tasting too.

We crossed the border into Canada at the Calais, Me/ St. Stephen, NB crossing. We rode an hour or so more then called it a day and got a room at Saint John, NB. Our plan was to go to the Hopewell Rocks and Bay of Fundy National Park as well as the fishing village of Alma. But the weather report showed cold and rain was coming and rather than riding the Cabot Trail in the fog, rain and cold that would be there in a couple of days we headed for the Cabot Trail the next morning to beat the bad weather. Our new plan paid off. The Cabot Trail ride was very clear and mild temps as the link to the pictures that we all took will show. The ride there put us in the direct path of strong and cold winds that led the bad weather front our way. Once we made it to Nova Scotia the winds really picked up and the temps really went down. At one point we were riding in 40 degrees F temps. I don’t know what the chill factor was But I could see my breath, we did finally make it north of the weather front and the weather turned much warmer and clear.

This is a good time to say, I should have paid more attention in school on the days that conversion of gallons to liters, miles to kilometers because there was no way I could figure my gas mileage per gallon. lol  The only way I knew the temp that I can understand was when Delta told me what his ambient air temp read on his fairing gauge. My GPS maps were all out of kilter once I crossed into Canada, and Delta’s GPS was better but not much better. At least his was more reliable than mine. In fact, a couple days after I got home, I called Garmin to get help to reload the updated maps, much better now. What’s a bit funny was, I brought with me an Atlas, a nice large print with lots of city maps as well. But, when I really needed it, I found that it didn’t include Canada. Go figure!! Lol

The Cabot Trail is a trip that Sue and I have wanted to do for many years. We have been so close to the Trail a few times, but when just miles away we decided to turn away to head west and went to Prince Edward Island to avoid the rough weather we were in and the weather that was still coming our way. So to finally make a successful ride of the Cabot Trail was a riding victory for me and Sue. We rode the Cabot Trail clockwise and at times the views were just amazing. Again, the pictures will show many of the spectacular overlooks that could be had along the Trail. I was amazed at the number of bikes that were also along the trail and so many nicely keep older cars. There must have been a car show nearby. Before I forget, I want to mention that the largest black bear I have ever seen walked across the road ahead of us maybe 200 yards or so. He didn’t have a care in the world. Saw 3 or 4 eagles and I thought I saw a seal, but at a closer look it was a buoy. Sue and Delta got a laugh at that, but, later a Park Ranger called attention to a seal that also turned out to be a buoy. Then I didn’t feel so bad, the Ranger even thought she saw a fish in the mouth of the seal/buoy that she had her telescope locked on. We didn’t put many miles on that day because of the slower coastal route we were riding. We ended that day with a room on the other end of the Cabot Trail and more seafood.

Ps 118:8
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 99

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.