Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: looking for a shorter jiffy stand  (Read 5864 times)

w.matthews23

• Junior CVO Member
looking for a shorter jiffy stand
« on: February 02, 2010, 11:09:27 PM »

I lowered my '09 Street Glide in both the front and rear and now when I put the kickstand down the bike sits straight up and down. Where can I get a shorter kickstand? I looked in the H-D and Drag books but didn't find one. Maybe a shorter jiffy stand comes with the H-D lowering kit? Description dosen't say so I don't know.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: looking for a shorter jiffy stand
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 09:04:18 AM »

I lowered my '09 Street Glide in both the front and rear and now when I put the kickstand down the bike sits straight up and down. Where can I get a shorter kickstand? I looked in the H-D and Drag books but didn't find one. Maybe a shorter jiffy stand comes with the H-D lowering kit? Description dosen't say so I don't know.

There is no jiffy stand with the lowering kit, so you're pretty much on your own.  Look for wedge kits that change the angle of the pivot bracket for the stock stand, available from Drag, J&P, etc.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 12:53:57 PM »

Just a thought:  The early '09 SERG's leaned too much on the jiffy stand.  Many of us had the bracket changed out (not the jiffy stand itself) under warranty so the bike would stand more upright.  See your dealer and maybe you can find out what bracket those early SERG's had. 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 03:03:55 PM »

I think I have one of the brackets off the early 09.....(it allowed the bike to lean over to far....the same as a shorter kickstand would).  I'll try to remember to check tonight when I get home but if I forget, just shoot me a PM.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 03:13:01 PM »

The old wedge kits have been used for years.  There's an expensive Drag Specialties part number 240207 (if I remember right) but just checked and saw a ten dollar part on eBay.  Check here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120317721029

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 03:31:42 PM »

Here's the link that talks about the new bracket.  The old bracket (the one that would worker on a lowered bike) is the one without the "OE" on the backside.  Like I said, I'll check when I get home.  If I got it, you pay postage and it's yours........   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=30120.0
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 08:41:06 AM »

Sorry W.....the one I have has the OE (newer style) on it. :nixweiss:

If one of you guys that has an early model 09 touring bike and you had your bracket changed......if you don't need it, you might want to post it here or send W a PM. :2vrolijk_21:

If somebody has an early model 09 touring that leans over to far onto the kickstand, the dealership is supposed to replace it with the correct one.  But, I also have an extra one on hand.  The newer style has the "OE" on the back of it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 10:37:03 AM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 11:09:31 PM »

Since changing the bike to the stock height I need a longer kickstand. Don't like the way it leans over now.

Wonder if this wedge would work reversed  :nixweiss:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 05:41:31 PM »

A lot of companies make those wedges already cut to fit your particular situation.  I'm using one from ProOne on my softtail and, I think the MoCo has some available....or has in the past.  Much easier than changing out the kickstand or putting a 'bend' in it and having re-chromed as I did once.  :o  har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 09:33:02 PM »

A lot of companies make those wedges already cut to fit your particular situation.  I'm using one from ProOne on my softtail and, I think the MoCo has some available....or has in the past.  Much easier than changing out the kickstand or putting a 'bend' in it and having re-chromed as I did once.  :o  har.  spyder

Uhhh the 60s or 70s?  You're dating yourself Spyder! :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 10:00:59 PM »

Both.  ;) har.  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

brlutsky

I have been trying to find a shorter jiffy stand.  I have check with Dennis Kirk, JP Cycles, H-D no luck.  Anybody have a clue where to fine one.

dartman

• Elite CVO Member

My dealer had a stack of them when the 09s came out with the new frame, the first batch of touring bikes leaned over so far that my SERG was a nuisance to pull upright, HD came out with a bracket change that corrected the oversight. the part number on the lower bracket was 50078-09 they were using them on lowered bikes, may not be available now. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=28544.0

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 22 queries.