Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: How fast is your FLSTSE?  (Read 8210 times)

CVOpilot

• Junior CVO Member
Re: How fast is your FLSTSE?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 08:20:24 AM »

Gettin' faster!

Got to 110mph yesterday.. Nice long country road... beautiful farmlands.. and a Buell to catch..!  I lost my nerve at 110 but felt there was more. Crouched down below windscreen and let her rip! Don't tell the wife ;-)

PS - i caught the Buell... but he said he lost his nerve at 100...

Smoker1

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 10:36:23 PM »

I have had mine to 118 mph a few times and it felt very stable and comfortable every time!
At 118 I could still feel the bike pulling very hard and it let me know it wasn't evel close to finished showing me what she has!
But each time I was forced to shut down due to traffic ahead of me.
I have just installed my Thunder Max with Autotune and anxious to see how it feels now!   :pepper:

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 05:17:06 AM »

These are stock choked up barely able to breath running entirely too lean motors... but still, rather pathetic really. SE what?  An EVO 80ci stock softail would do about the same or a little better.

I've never met an EVO going over 170 km/h. Most (especially of the earlies) don't even do more than 140 km/h.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

PierceEye

• Living The Life In Florida
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8-ANV
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 09:56:57 AM »

Had my 2010 FLSTSE up to 114mph last month on a nice 68 degree F on I-75 between hwy 52 & 50...I was comfotable and she felt strong.....one issue my feet started to vibrate off the boards.....but then again I am thin.....5'11" 142lbs LOL
FLHTCUSE8-Anv w/ Vance & Hines true dual Ovals
88.85hp & 109.33tq tuned with the SE Pro Super Tuner

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 05:33:06 PM »

in 1998 i took my 96 softail custom to the 95th ann in milwaukee, i had the bike fully loaded with a t-bag, no windscreen and most days sat on around 160 -170 kmh, creeped it up to 175kmh one day just outside culver city, only mods on bike tapered turbo slip ons , air cleaner kit and bigger jets.
still have the evo in my garage , cant bring myself to sell it,
still fun to ride but the  acceleration which i thought was fantastic  now pales into comparison with my convertible ,
still have not had it over 130 kmh

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 05:48:18 PM »

speed (and especially V-max) is not all what motorcycling is about  ;)

It's just figures printed on paper  ::)

Are we talking about fun or not  :nixweiss:
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 07:55:46 PM »

If it is top speed you are looking for  ------  H.D. is not the bike you want to ride anyway.

Smoker1

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 10:57:05 PM »

If it is top speed you are looking for  ------  H.D. is not the bike you want to ride anyway.

As true as that is, there is still a great feeling that comes from having the raw power and muscle from an american V-twin that though the knee draggers are faster, they cannot provide! And the satisfaction of seeing a huge grin on all your buddies faces when you crank her up and they hear (And Feel) the rumble and deep throaty exhaust notes that can only be matched by a sixties muscle car!
Besides all that, you have to admit that fifteen years ago the thought of buying a harley right from the showroom and having the acceleration and top speed that a CVO engine will provide nowadays was barely more than a fantasy!

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 11:40:16 PM »

As true as that is, there is still a great feeling that comes from having the raw power and muscle from an american V-twin that though the knee draggers are faster, they cannot provide! And the satisfaction of seeing a huge grin on all your buddies faces when you crank her up and they hear (And Feel) the rumble and deep throaty exhaust notes that can only be matched by a sixties muscle car!
Besides all that, you have to admit that fifteen years ago the thought of buying a harley right from the showroom and having the acceleration and top speed that a CVO engine will provide nowadays was barely more than a fantasy!

I would be more impressed if H.D. Would spend more time making them last ( and warranty them when they do not), then to make them hit 110mph. I think my buddies will still have the same grin at 90mph, and all my Harleys have always hit that mark in the past.

Smoker1

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 12:13:07 AM »

I would be more impressed if H.D. Would spend more time making them last ( and warranty them when they do not), then to make them hit 110mph. I think my buddies will still have the same grin at 90mph, and all my Harleys have always hit that mark in the past.

Bummer! sounds like you have had some bad luck in the past with your harleys? Sorry to hear that!
Fortunately I have had absolutely no mechanical issues with any of mine warranty relaqted or otherwise, and hopefuly it will stay that way!  ;D
I have been riding motorcycles since I was eight years old, started out on a Honda Trail 70. Was actually able aford to start riding Harleys in about 1997. Been riding Dyna's mostly with bone stock engines and doing nothing but accessorizing with chrome and goodies! and have had a blast with every single one of them! I put about 9 to 12 k miles each year on my Harleys and 99% of the time it is at or below the speed limit. But finally last year I was actually able to pull off purchasing my first CVO and I am loving it! you are right, I too will have a hard time keeping the smile off of my face at 90 (or even 70 for that matter) as I will at 110, but heraing the thump of a high performance V Twin and knowing if I want to on a rare occasion I can leave any one of my buddies behind in a blink of an eye is a pretty cool feeling! But I am a gear head to the bone and I guess that only makes sense to a gear head.
I sure hope your luck with your Harley improves! Heres to looking forward to a great new riding season!!   :drink:

ambro

• CVO1: 2010 soft tail convertible
    • CVO2: 2011 Flhxse2
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2011, 02:50:34 PM »

Just got my FLSTSE back from shop Friday,,,,,55 deg.,V&H Pro 2 into 1,,,H D Super tuner,,K&N Filter,,,135 was still climming! Exaust is a must on this bike to get top end perf. Just saying.

fmonty

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 02:00:48 PM »

I've been riding for almost a year, and yes, buying a CVO Convertible as one's first bike is like buying a Lamborghini as one's first car.  Honestly, the bike was a bit much for me for the first couple months, but I knew I'd grow into it and feel that I have.  In any event, back to the thread topic ... I popped my 100 mph cherry a few weeks ago, hitting 104 mph on Florida Turnpike and a couple days later 106 mph on Card Sound Road (leads to Florida Keys).  Bike had more in her, but like the other skinny guy that posted, I'm 5' 9", 145 lbs, and I just could not keep my feet on the floorboards. 

Mods: V&H Short Shots slash cut, SERT

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 03:40:47 PM »

I have not taken the CVO up to the top yet and if this stinking weather does not break soon I am going to go crazy. :'(

I really do not care about the top end of this bike as it is a nice peppy cruiser made for the enjoyment of the ride. :2vrolijk_21:

Last year had the GenII V-Max up to 154 MPH indicated.  :o

Smoker1

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 12:16:54 AM »

:pepper: Got minje to 126 last weekend! It felt GREAT!! Very Stable!
I was wanting to hold out to 130 but unfortunately I was riding without my windshield on that day and was wearing a half helmet and cheap sunglasses so at 125 everything in my eyes was a vibrating blur so i let off!
Next time with a full face helmet and windshield 130 mph will be no problem! 
I absolutely LOVE this motorcycle!   :orange:
Imagine being able to do 130 mph in "Pro Street" trim and inn a matter of minutes have the detachables installed and be able to take the wife for a cross country cruise in complete comfort!!

The Boys at the CVO shop knocked one out of the park on this one!!   :2vrolijk_21:

PierceEye

• Living The Life In Florida
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8-ANV
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 06:43:12 PM »

I've been riding for almost a year, and yes, buying a CVO Convertible as one's first bike is like buying a Lamborghini as one's first car.  Honestly, the bike was a bit much for me for the first couple months, but I knew I'd grow into it and feel that I have.  In any event, back to the thread topic ... I popped my 100 mph cherry a few weeks ago, hitting 104 mph on Florida Turnpike and a couple days later 106 mph on Card Sound Road (leads to Florida Keys).  Bike had more in her, but like the other skinny guy that posted, I'm 5' 9", 145 lbs, and I just could not keep my feet on the floorboards. 

Mods: V&H Short Shots slash cut, SERT

That was me LOL

I hate the feeling of your feet viberating off the boards......I wear SWAT boots with great soles that have grip; however I did notice last weekend I hit 120 and it seemed that some of the vibration went away; does not really start until about 85
FLHTCUSE8-Anv w/ Vance & Hines true dual Ovals
88.85hp & 109.33tq tuned with the SE Pro Super Tuner
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 22 queries.