Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Why Twolane Hates Grover  (Read 7592 times)

RedFXR2

Re: Why Twolane Hates Grover
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2006, 09:09:05 PM »

Hey Spiderman, I thought you'd like to see what a gold motor would look like--for Elvis.  I know it's an Evo, but you get the idea.

RedFXR2

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2006, 09:10:24 PM »

Another for Spiderman, er, I mean Elvis:

RedFXR2

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2006, 09:11:23 PM »

And while we're looking, here's a white one:

RedFXR2

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2006, 09:12:18 PM »

Detail view:

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2006, 10:30:06 PM »

I was naive enough that we bought a CVO over a standard HD because there wouldn't be much left to do-boy was I wrong.  I was just getting worked up for the Zippers Redshift cams, and now 2Lane shows us Grover's
diamond cut cylinders.  There is no end.    ::)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2006, 10:40:26 PM »

I was naive enough that we bought a CVO over a standard HD because there wouldn't be much left to do-boy was I wrong.  I was just getting worked up for the Zippers Redshift cams, and now 2Lane shows us Grover's
diamond cut cylinders.  There is no end.    ::)

Boat, you don't even want to see the what-if-for-insurance-list I keep of all the things tacked on to the it-comes-with-everything red bike.  I am a sick sick sick sumbitch.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2006, 11:05:47 PM »

Hey Spiderman, I thought you'd like to see what a gold motor would look like--for Elvis.  I know it's an Evo, but you get the idea.

Hey Dude, what I ever do to you that you gotta torture me ? Don't you know I'm savin my pennies for my new 07 SERG  

Don,
        I hear you on the list broski. The one below my posts is only the condensed version. My State Farm guy has the master with pics of everything. Close-up and out far enough you can see that the part is indeed on Elvis.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 11:11:15 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2006, 12:34:56 AM »

Hey! Don
You can add my name to list also, wish Grover hadn't showed up

Don

[smiley=shocked.gif] Here's to you all...[smiley=sauer021.gif] [smiley=sauer021.gif] [smiley=sauer021.gif]     ;D  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

This is real nice guys  >:(. And here I thought you were a real nice group harley cvo/ocd enthusiasts! Well was I wrong, seems like a bunch of creeps to me [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif].

I get in the house after a long day at work still talking to friends about how great the people are that I met in Cripple Creek... Then I find out you all hate me  :'( [smiley=confused5.gif]

Just kidding! You're all a great bunch of dudes [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Thanks for the compliment on the motor, it's greatly appreciated. The main reason I did the diamond cutting was for "their claimed cooling affect" the diamond cutting gave the motor. And besides it looks good to beat.

I almost went with powder coating, but the turnaround time would have been too long. I was gonna go with black cases & tranny, orange cylinders & black heads..damn that would have looked good on the pumpkin! Oh well, Maybe next year.

[size=12]The show cut includes the base of the cylinders, behind the spark plugs, behind the lifter tubes on the heads & the lettering on the heads. They don't advertise the show cut, you have to ask for it. [/size]

I went through a place in Brookfield, Wi that offeres a discount over the retail price. For the life of me I can't remember their name. They were worth the saveings and real good to deal with. I'll find out who it is tomorrow and post their web site here.

Here is an interesting read. Any machinist can perform this work but diamond heads has a patent on it. Just doesn't seem right.  www.yourmachinist.com/new_lawsuits.shtml-24k-

Take Care,

Grover

p.s. I hate Isebulls because his bike looks awesome with the bling bling rims on it  [smiley=sauer019.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 12:46:44 AM by GROVER »

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2006, 12:44:28 AM »

Of course would I have it any other way. ;D You know me well. ;)

I'm going to have to save a few more coins. When this happens that means the motor is going to be tore down and it will me time to do the timken bearing, have Zippers do some head work, and new pistons [highlight](can you say 113ci kit :)).[/highlight]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Hey Gary that's what I'm running. But not from Zippers. I have 130hp/125tq at the rear wheel. But I want more. Maybe a  500c.i. Boss Hoss will cure it.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2006, 12:48:59 AM »

Hey Gary that's what I'm running. But not from Zippers. I have 130hp/125tq at the rear wheel. But I want more. Maybe a  500c.i. Boss Hoss will cure it.

That's the real downside of lusting after the diamond cut and color Mark.  It's one of those things that would just never get done on its own.  Taking it apart to do the appearance work would become justification from the voices in my head to do like the Merry Pranksters and go Further......

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2006, 01:02:05 AM »

That's the real downside of lusting after the diamond cut and color Mark.  It's one of those things that would just never get done on its own.  Taking it apart to do the appearance work would become justification from the voices in my head to do like the Merry Pranksters and go Further......

Yep, That's what usually happens. But my motor is making noises it shouldn't be after C.C. Oh well, we'll see how it holds together going to the MoCo tomorrow w/ Neal & the group. :-/ If it blows, maybe I'll just leave it there for Willy G. to ride & enjoy or push around.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2006, 02:30:12 AM »

Yep, That's what usually happens. But my motor is making noises it shouldn't be after C.C. Oh well, we'll see how it holds together going to the MoCo tomorrow w/ Neal & the group. :-/ If it blows, maybe I'll just leave it there for Willy G. to ride & enjoy or push around.

That doesn't sound good.  Something tied to that sudden oil pressure drop you had up there?  In any case good luck and hope it's a minor problem.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2006, 06:24:23 AM »

Grover.....Did you change over to the Feuling Oil Pump and Lifters when you built the engine?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2006, 11:00:28 AM »

Grover.....Did you change over to the Feuling Oil Pump and Lifters when you built the engine?

Gawdammit, now I have this vision of my head of BLM in a Nun's habit holding a ruler in his hand leaning over a kid in typing class.  Man, and if you've seen BLM you know that that is a strange picture to have in your head  ;D .

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2006, 06:18:04 PM »

Boat, you don't even want to see the what-if-for-insurance-list I keep of all the things tacked on to the it-comes-with-everything red bike.  I am a sick sick sick sumbitch.
I thought I was the only one with a spreadsheet for my accessories. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 21 queries.