Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Paint Problems 2007  (Read 10064 times)

hdfatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • Pain is Mandatory. Misery is Optional.
Re: Paint Problems 2007
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2007, 02:31:02 PM »

i took it in ,they first told me they were swapping it out . while we waited i got it back and they used red not orange to touch up paint now it looks stupid . i told him he now owns a screwed up Derby cover . i ask him about the change out and he was like well i called mo-co and . i think they are full of crap now so i gave him till Monday to get back with me or ill do some calling. so we will see . if I'm not happy Monday I'm calling the mo-co myself.
 As for the dealer ship . I do not recommend taking anything to "American eagle" in Corrinth TX. they will screw it up .i know they have done it to me twice now.

If you can get no satisfation I know a superb painter in Sanger, TX. A master with any means of application; spray, brush, airbrush, etc . . .
If you can't get the screw up repaired/replaced I know that he could make it look better than new for you.
Mike

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2007, 10:59:55 AM »

After sending back the first replacement saddle bag and front fairing, I finally received a saddlebag and it was put on the bike.  The paint matches and there are no flaws, so back to waiting on the fairing.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Gunn Runner

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2007, 02:54:23 PM »

I have one small spot on top of tank in the Black Ice color...white looking water spot under the clear coat.  Can't buff it out ! Advise if dealer makes good.
Gunn Runner

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2007, 06:23:25 PM »

I have one small spot on top of tank in the Black Ice color...white looking water spot under the clear coat.  Can't buff it out ! Advise if dealer makes good.

Very similar to the paint defect on my bike - in the black ice. It will not buff out - dealer took pics and HD w......ty'd it.

First tank shipped had WAY too much gold overlay - did not match my paint.  Second tank arrived at dealer today - Capital City HD in Tallahassee - have it scheduled to install on Friday.  Dealer has been great to work with on this one - tech notified the other tank did not match prior to install.  Took about a month to get the second tank - not bad considering.

Your dealer should make this one right for ya.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2007, 11:12:28 AM »

Update - bike is at the shop today getting the new tank installed.  Paint looked good on the replacement.

Tank looks great, no paint defects.  Bit more gold in the accent stripe and I like it better.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 10:09:53 AM by iski »
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

07ultracvo

« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2007, 01:31:26 AM »

well its been since April,07 trying to get them to replace my Derby cover . they finally give in after a few calls to HD and BBB and a lawyer friend . and i am currently waiting for it to come in. why do they make getting warranty work so hard . it takes hours to get through to HD on their warranty line.don't they know unhappy owners talk about them negatively to everyone witch is bad publicity (ie. bad for their business). i now have paint blistering up around the windshield bolts ,also the chrome reflective lens inside the front turn signals are peeling found that problem while having to replace a bulb . took it to RRHD (local dealer )they said no problem we'll get them ordered and call you.that is they way they should be at all dealers on warranty work, keep the owners happy . the smoked lenses on the front signals both have had to be replaced twice now the tabs are cracking and breaking off the dealer broke two so it not the way I'm taking them off to change the bulb either . i think they need to reinforce the little tabs .

HawgDoc

« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2007, 11:32:55 PM »

Paint on my Jester is good. However, I'm not too anal about it anyway. The miles I'll be putting on will bring on the chips, bugs and road grime.
Ugly John

8)

I applaude UJ   :bananarock:
Be quick to listen, and slow to speak.

bobaroni

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 1999 Dyna LowRider
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2007, 01:52:39 PM »

Anyone having paint problems on their 07?

Mine has the bulging paint at the three screws on the bat wing where the windshield attaches. The bat wing will be replaced this winter. My service manager seems to be a stand up guy. :confused5:

07ultracvo

« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2007, 12:09:41 AM »

had to have mine replaced last week for the same problem. a bubble over each washer. they ordered a new one and installed it. color is black and orange.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 12:11:12 AM by 07ultracvo »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2007, 02:31:46 PM »

Guys...that is usually caused by overtightening the winshield screws.  They require very little torque.  the windshield trip piece covers it up well, and prevents this from happening in the future.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2007, 03:01:00 PM »

Guys...that is usually caused by overtightening the winshield screws.  They require very little torque.  the windshield trip piece covers it up well, and prevents this from happening in the future.

Overtightening the w/shield screws will cause the paint to lift, especially on fairings with many coats of paint like the CVO's.  If H-D or the dealer  try to give you a hard time about the warranty, just remind them who it was that applied the excessive paint, and who it was who installed the w/shield.  (Obviously, don't mention the installation part if it isn't the stock w/shield.) ::)

Terry is correct on all counts, very little torque required (25-30 inch pounds), and the chrome trim piece will hide the damage while also dressing up the fairing.  Even folks without the OCD virus, like myself, eventually break down and add the chrome trim.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2007, 04:56:17 AM »

After 8 months of waiting, MoCo finally sent a front fairing.   Looks good and was put on last week. 
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2007, 11:34:27 AM »

Since 4 days, no problem with the paint on mine !

:beerchug:  Jacques

But 6 months later, the paint on the welds of the frame go off and rust is here.... :soapbox:
Pics, next week.....
For the next winter; I need to put my bike to the dealer and he'll dismount all the bike for a new treatment and painting on the frame.

Jacques
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 12:59:35 PM by bisounours »
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

ridesmiles

• CVO1: B/O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2007, 12:23:48 AM »

After reading this thread before I picked up my bike, I checked it out carefully prior to leaving the dealer and found no defects. With only 6 weeks of use, it has over 1,400 miles, and cleaned many times . . . still haven't found any paint problems :pepper: and I love the bike.  It has already had A/C, dual exhaust, and SERT added (wish someone had a better map than ver. J). But, I digress, no paint flaws ;D
Never trade luck for skill

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2007, 04:52:38 PM »

The rust on the frame's welds

The frame will be painted this winter (Warranty)
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.839 seconds with 21 queries.