Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: Paint Problems 2007  (Read 10138 times)

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
Re: Paint Problems 2007
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2007, 09:38:13 PM »

No problems with the paint on my bike.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2007, 09:38:27 PM »

The week couldnt have gone any better for me.   Had great company / rides with the CVO group and got to visit with a HD Rep from Wisconson about my paint problems.   The rep called my local dealer and gave them the authorization code to order me a new front fairing and a new left side saddle bag.   /cheer  

Side note:

Baker Drive Train took care of my 6th gear issues on my roadking while they were here at the Speedway.   They were and have always been great to deal with, and they took care of the problem.   If you happen to have an issue with a Baker Tranny I recommend speaking to Nate or Bert himself.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

bikerdude

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2007, 10:04:59 PM »

I have a 07 with 5000 mi no problems yet.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2007, 01:51:37 PM »

Dealer called yesterday to tell me the front fairing and side bag replacements are in.   Will make an appointment this week to have them replaced.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2007, 12:00:24 PM »

Very very disappointing.   Made the appointment for the parts that came.   Showed up to have them put on and they were worse than what was on the bike.   The front fairing pin striping was gawd aweful full of flaws and looked like chit.   The side bag had dirt / dimples in the paint.    :-\

Back to waiting on the new replacement parts for the replacement parts for the originals. 

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2007, 04:24:08 AM »

Noticed when I picked up the bike a flaw in the paint under the clear that looked like a scratch on the fairing just below the windshield also a flaw on the lower.  Dealer replace both parts - now all is good!

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2007, 05:44:09 AM »

>:( I hate it when your satisfaction depends on a roll of the dice.  This ain't supposed to be LasVegas, Baby! :confused5:

bikerdude

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2007, 08:51:27 PM »

I have a 07 with 6000 mi and no problems yet.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2007, 09:28:17 AM »

Two minor paint defects in right side of tank.  One on top in the black ice, the other on the side in the cherry red.  Looks like eyelashes.

Dealer arranged to have a painter take a look at it - defects cannot be buffed out.

I get a new tank.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2007, 09:33:47 AM »

I've actually got a few. The left side cover wasn't pressed in all the way, so it rubbed on the heat shield of the pipe, cutting into the cover. Hard to prove it was that way at delivery. Also found blemish, fingerprint I think, on top of left bag.

Bike is going in for head gasket replacement on Wed. I'll see what the SM says.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2007, 09:38:54 AM »

I've actually got a few. The left side cover wasn't pressed in all the way, so it rubbed on the heat shield of the pipe, cutting into the cover. Hard to prove it was that way at delivery. Also found blemish, fingerprint I think, on top of left bag.

Bike is going in for head gasket replacement on Wed. I'll see what the SM says.

Chief,

The service manager took pics of each defect. Said it would take about 12 weeks to get it back.  FYI
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

07ultracvo

« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2007, 09:25:01 PM »

i have an 07 blk/org ultra se2 around 7k mi. the red paint on the dirby cover is pealing off . where it says "screaming eagle 110" took it to the dealer the tech said he heard they have a letter on this problem ,said he thought they were to put touch-up paint on it to fix it . i said not for mine . if it is pealing it means that all will peal off ,because it was not bonded right when theymade it. touching up the spot where it is coming off is not a fix . i want a new one done right this time !!! thats what i payed for!!!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2007, 09:31:21 PM »

i have an 07 blk/org ultra se2 around 7k mi. the red paint on the dirby cover is pealing off . where it says "screaming eagle 110" took it to the dealer the tech said he heard they have a letter on this problem ,said he thought they were to put touch-up paint on it to fix it . i said not for mine . if it is pealing it means that all will peal off ,because it was not bonded right when theymade it. touching up the spot where it is coming off is not a fix . i want a new one done right this time !!! thats what i payed for!!!
That's what you should get. Had the same thing happen to my '04 and it was replaced under warranty. Except nothing less. You'll have to turn in the defective one (it's a VIN restricted part), but that's not a problem if you get a new one.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

hdfatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • Pain is Mandatory. Misery is Optional.
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2007, 02:36:56 PM »

Sorry bro, not cool  :-[, but I too had it happen on my '06 and my dealer did replace it. Just wonder what they'd do, oh I don't know, say maybe
some more would peel off  ;) and you went back :nixweiss:?? Not suggestng that you'd encourage it a bit . . .  :angel:

07ultracvo

« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2007, 12:50:08 AM »

i took it in ,they first told me they were swapping it out . while we waited i got it back and they used red not orange to touch up paint now it looks stupid . i told him he now owns a screwed up Derby cover . i ask him about the change out and he was like well i called mo-co and . i think they are full of crap now so i gave him till Monday to get back with me or ill do some calling. so we will see . if I'm not happy Monday I'm calling the mo-co myself.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 12:04:43 AM by 07ultracvo »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.