Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: While I'm in there? (cam install)  (Read 6570 times)

silverone

• Full CVO Member
While I'm in there? (cam install)
« on: March 18, 2013, 05:12:20 PM »

My 07 SEUC 110 is getting a new set of cams, Kury tc24d's & crusher slip ons the motor has 26k I'm already going to have new lifters and cam shoe installed, but what about the oiling system? Would it be a good time to upgrade that as well? Thanks in advance. Any thing else you can think of that I should do?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:20:22 PM by silverone »

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: While I'm in there? (cam install)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 07:25:44 AM »

Zippers offers an oil bypass upgrade.
Scott

silverone

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 10:51:07 AM »

Scott
Thanks Scott , do u think I should do a Fueling or the moco's oil pump upgrade?

silverone

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 11:10:34 AM »

Scott
Looks like they only offer the shim for 99-06 TC's

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 12:55:10 PM »

Isn't it better to go with gear driven cams? I had a problem with the shoe on mine. Checked it just before leaving for Sturgis.......would have been a problem!!

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 01:10:50 PM »

it probably is better to go with gear driven cams

but.......

the runout has to be near perfect and few cranks are - a crank that will work fine for years with a chain drive will not work at all with gear drive.

so if the crank is not perfect you have to add in the cost of having the crank trued to the cost of the cam plus the gear kit.

and then it IS better - but at what cost

to

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 01:21:59 PM »

Silverone,

I woudlnt worry about the shim, fwiw ( baisley and zippers both make them i am sure someone else does as well), because you have a high flow pump already in the bike.  I would swap out my bearings, consider a good set of lifters, although you may have them if you have the 07 bike in that you would have the 99b lifters which are fine to use.   If you go with the kuryakyn cams you might consider a tapered pushrod so you can eliminate the rubbing at the top of the pushrod tubes.   The builder might also consider going slightly tigher on the turns .. eg  SE recommends 2 1/2 turns or 15 flats but you may want to go 18 flats or 3 turns.   I would consider going to the S&S 58mm throttlebody over the ones available.   not sure what pipes you are going to run, but a good 2 - 1 with falsie or a 2-1-2 like the complete unit from Kury should compliment the build nicely.

who is tuning this for you? and what tuner are they using?

Good luck, 
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 02:26:30 PM »

Looks like they only offer the shim for 99-06 TC's

Part # 626-002, along with part # 626-010........
Scott

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 02:27:46 PM »

The stock oil pump in 2007 was an upgraded higher volume pump, so you don't need to "upgrade" it for street use at all.  However, with 26k miles it would be a very good idea to closely inspect the pump and cam plate for excessive wear and replace them as needed.  The '07 and later cranks are not known for good runout numbers, so the plates and pumps can be worn fairly severely at relatively low miles.  It would be a good idea to actually measure runout while the cam plate is out.

Installing supposed "racing" high volume pumps or jacked up bypass springs is not only not necessary for a street engine, it can be detrimental.  Some of those aftermarket pumps aren't designed to work with the kind of runout commonly seen on late model Twin Cams and can bind and even break.  And forcing a lot of extra oil through the engine can result in a bunch of excess oil collecting in the heads and the sump, leading to carry over and power loss.  The engine was designed to work properly with the stock oiling system.  Unless you plan some serious mods and a future on a racetrack, you don't need to fix what isn't broken.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

silverone

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 02:30:15 PM »

Silverone,

I woudlnt worry about the shim, fwiw ( baisley and zippers both make them i am sure someone else does as well), because you have a high flow pump already in the bike.  I would swap out my bearings, consider a good set of lifters, although you may have them if you have the 07 bike in that you would have the 99b lifters which are fine to use.   If you go with the kuryakyn cams you might consider a tapered pushrod so you can eliminate the rubbing at the top of the pushrod tubes.   The builder might also consider going slightly tigher on the turns .. eg  SE recommends 2 1/2 turns or 15 flats but you may want to go 18 flats or 3 turns.   I would consider going to the S&S 58mm throttlebody over the ones available.   not sure what pipes you are going to run, but a good 2 - 1 with falsie or a 2-1-2 like the complete unit from Kury should compliment the build nicely.

who is tuning this for you? and what tuner are they using?

Good luck, 
thanks for all of the replies, yes they are doing the cam bearings and I read in the Hd form that the stock Harley lifter's are about as good as anything out there but with 26 K it's a good time to change them.  I'm planning on going with the Kury crusher mufflers the dyno numbers are great with that set up.  Could you explain a little more to me about the tapered push rods does screaming eagle make them, or would I have to get aftermarket and why they need to go a little tighter, this is all being done at the dealer were I'm buying the bike their installing these parts as an incentive to get me to buy the bike but I'm paying for the new lifter's just because I want them swapped out.  There also installing a new cam shoe and primarie chain adjuster all at their cost.  The bike comes with a screaming eagle race tuner so I'm going to try to get them to get it close then I will probably have it retuned at a later date. thanks in advance!

silverone

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 02:35:27 PM »

The stock oil pump in 2007 was an upgraded higher volume pump, so you don't need to "upgrade" it for street use at all.  However, with 26k miles it would be a very good idea to closely inspect the pump and cam plate for excessive wear and replace them as needed.  The '07 and later cranks are not known for good runout numbers, so the plates and pumps can be worn fairly severely at relatively low miles.  It would be a good idea to actually measure runout while the cam plate is out.

Installing supposed "racing" high volume pumps or jacked up bypass springs is not only not necessary for a street engine, it can be detrimental.  Some of those aftermarket pumps aren't designed to work with the kind of runout commonly seen on late model Twin Cams and can bind and even break.  And forcing a lot of extra oil through the engine can result in a bunch of excess oil collecting in the heads and the sump, leading to carry over and power loss.  The engine was designed to work properly with the stock oiling system.  Unless you plan some serious mods and a future on a racetrack, you don't need to fix what isn't broken.

Jerry
Jerry thanks for the info since this is being done pre purchase at the dealer I'll see if I can get them to let me see the cam plate so I can check it for excessive wear which should tell me if the crank has a runout problem.  Thanks again

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 02:38:20 PM »

look in the screaming eagle catalog there are 2 different pushrods that are adjustable.   One has a tapered top to it its not as thick all the way around.   This came out a few years ago and would be the ones you want if that is the route you are going from Harley.   Otherwise I would want S&S or Smith Brothers Pushrods.
Because they are tapered they will be less likely to rub at the top of the pushrod tubes.   In the past we have had to Champher the tops to minimize the rubbing.

Also on the 07's remember to have them double check your rockerbox clearances.   In 08 they came out with a new rocker box where this was already done, many of us had noise from the hitting that was going on in there and the dealers had to clearance the rocker boxes by hand not a big deal just a real annoyance.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 02:39:02 PM »

Jerry thanks for the info since this is being done pre purchase at the dealer I'll see if I can get them to let me see the cam plate so I can check it for excessive wear which should tell me if the crank has a runout problem.  Thanks again

If your going that far check both sides of the crank for run out.   

AMP

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 03:26:25 PM »

I assume you are going with the chain drive cams, but you should check the run out on the crank anyway. If you are going to use HD lifters then use the SE version. Stock, everyday lifters....no.

silverone

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 04:11:54 PM »

I assume you are going with the chain drive cams, but you should check the run out on the crank anyway. If you are going to use HD lifters then use the SE version. Stock, everyday lifters....no.
thanks for the reply, is there an acceptable amount for run out of the crank?  And I will check into the screaming eagle lifter's.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 04:33:30 PM »

:thumbsdown:

I wouldnt follow this advice they are noisey and bleed down to fast.  The new HD 99c stock replacement lifter, just say no.

If you are going to use Harley lifters then keep your old 99b lifters unless you see / find something wrong with them.   If you are going to change your lifters I would consider going to the S&S with travel limiters or without, or the Gatorman lifters. 

AMP

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 04:54:33 PM »

And Harry, re-use lifters with 26k on them? Pppsssshhhh, I wouldn't even waste YOUR money like that. :P

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 05:17:26 PM »

Come on now Pammy,  you would happily waste it I know you would.  

Also good to see you posting again :) 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 05:22:40 PM by Unbalanced »

silverone

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 05:38:45 PM »

:thumbsdown:

I wouldnt follow this advice they are noisey and bleed down to fast.  The new HD 99c stock replacement lifter, just say no.

If you are going to use Harley lifters then keep your old 99b lifters unless you see / find something wrong with them.   If you are going to change your lifters I would consider going to the S&S with travel limiters or without, or the Gatorman lifters. 

Thanks but can't I get the 99b's any more, new that is?

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2013, 08:25:44 PM »

They havent been around for about a year, they changed them now to the 99c, so unless you know of a stock pile and then I would ask you to pm me cause I would love to get a set or two also :)

Get the S&S and be happy :)

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013, 08:51:06 PM »

And also, "while your in there" send that '07 crank over the Darkhorse......

silverone

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 09:57:08 PM »

Get the S&S and be happy :)
[/quote]Thanks! Gotta # on those ?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

silverone

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2013, 10:23:50 PM »

Idon't think the STEALER will go that far.LOL

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2013, 10:27:44 PM »

@ that price  :o they must be good!

You asked for a part number not a price.
If your to cheap to buy quality lifters, I'm sure you can stick the old lifters back in.
You can go cheap or you can install quality lifters.
Your choice, I just answered your question.

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

silverone

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2013, 10:36:21 PM »

You asked for a part number not a price.
If your to cheap to buy quality lifters, I'm sure you can stick the old lifters back in.
You can go cheap or you can install quality lifters.
Your choice, I just answered your question.

SBB

Take a chill man I was jokeing ! I appreciate the info!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2013, 10:46:45 PM »

Idon't think the STEALER will go that far.LOL

Well, what are you going to do if (when?) the runout comes back more than the .003 - .004?  If you're afraid of the answer, don't ask the question! ;)

silverone

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2013, 11:02:51 PM »

Well, what are you going to do if (when?) the runout comes back more than the .003 - .004?  If you're afraid of the answer, don't ask the question! ;)

man you guys are tough tonight maybe I should just keep my old 95 incher, I haven't even bought this bike yet, my gear drive cams are fine in that bike, no runout problems there, the dealer is offering to put the cams of my choice in for me as an incentive to purchase.  Don't get me wrong I like the upgrade from the 01 ultra to the 07 and I put a lot of work into my 01 if these new 110's are that much of a problem, I could go on but I won't.

silverone

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2013, 11:38:13 PM »

So I'm just curious, S&S  lifter's anyone have 50 K on them?  Seriously how long do they last I'm good for the extra money, if they're going to last I mean everyone says replace the 99 B's at 26 k and don't buy that 99 C's sorry if I'm a little confused here.  I found a new set of 99 B's for sale just looking for a little advice here not trying to upset anyone, everyone's input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks again!

silverone

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2013, 09:48:19 AM »

I just called Darkhorse @ left a message hopefully they'll get back to me soon. 

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2013, 10:04:05 AM »

So I'm just curious, S&S  lifter's anyone have 50 K on them?  Seriously how long do they last I'm good for the extra money, if they're going to last I mean everyone says replace the 99 B's at 26 k and don't buy that 99 C's sorry if I'm a little confused here.  I found a new set of 99 B's for sale just looking for a little advice here not trying to upset anyone, everyone's input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks again!

Given the choice, I would buy the S&S over the 99b's, but I wouldnt be worried about having 99b's either.   I currently have over 50k on S&S lifters in my 124 with travel limiters.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 10:35:32 AM »

I just called Darkhorse @ left a message hopefully they'll get back to me soon. 

You initially asked about what extras might go along with a simple bit of cam chest work; isn't that right?  How'd you get from there to pulling the engine completely, splitting the cases and sending the crank off?  If power of suggestion works that well I've got a whole cabinet full of various spare parts (some might even fit) that really need to be part of your build that will all sell for very fair prices ;D .

silverone

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2013, 11:52:13 AM »

You initially asked about what extras might go along with a simple bit of cam chest work; isn't that right?  How'd you get from there to pulling the engine completely, splitting the cases and sending the crank off?  If power of suggestion works that well I've got a whole cabinet full of various spare parts (some might even fit) that really need to be part of your build that will all sell for very fair prices ;D .
I Just wanted to see what all is involved. and get there opinion on these cranks I don't plan on pulling the motor, btw you want parts I have a garage full CHEAP!  ;D

silverone

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2013, 12:02:34 PM »

I just talked to S&S the link SBB gave me had parts included that S&S said I didn't need for the build I'm doing for $279. The teck guy @ S&S gave me a part number 33-5350 for just the lifter's and $133 list price: $11.00 more than Harley 99 c's.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 12:04:16 PM by silverone »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2013, 12:36:18 PM »

I Just wanted to see what all is involved. and get there opinion on these cranks I don't plan on pulling the motor, btw you want parts I have a garage full CHEAP!  ;D

Oh no, sounds like a swap of one garage full of useless crap cherished spare parts for another garage full of useless crap cherished spare parts!   :huepfenlol2:

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2013, 01:40:30 PM »

First off I would consider reposting this in a manner that will get answers that are directly related to your original questions.  Don nailed it pretty accurately being concerned with the vast amounts of parts recommended for your project.  I will also admit to knowing next to nothing except what I have learned from this forum for the past 5 years or so. Like many others on this site I know a number of people that earn a living on these bikes while employed at either a HD dealerships, independent shops and high performance shops.  From what I have read here or been told & seen first hand from professionals I know I would expect to see a new or slightly used T/C motor with more than the .003 or .004 run out.  This was posted as causing a major concern.  I know he is right being concerned but I believe more bikes are over .003 than under and that is counting the new ones.  I have two nephews (twins) that each purchased Road Glide last summer with the 103' motor.  They ride real easy and each bike had less than 5K miles.  One is a car mechanic and decided to do a similar project that you are planning on both bikes.  One run out was .005 and one was .0075.  My 08 just happens to be close to 11, so its needs to be addressed.  I agree that it is excessive but it is also normal in the HD world and they won't touch it until it is out to 12 I believe.   No intention of stirring the pot only stating facts as I know them, high run out is much more common than people are led to believe and that is real unfortunate and quite possibly unnecessary by HD.   

Good Luck   

silverone

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2013, 01:48:48 PM »

Oh no, sounds like a swap of one garage full of useless crap cherished spare parts for another garage full of useless crap cherished spare parts!   :huepfenlol2:
:) :2vrolijk_21:

silverone

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2013, 01:57:44 PM »

First off I would consider reposting this in a manner that will get answers that are directly related to your original questions.  Don nailed it pretty accurately being concerned with the vast amounts of parts recommended for your project.  I will also admit to knowing next to nothing except what I have learned from this forum for the past 5 years or so. Like many others on this site I know a number of people that earn a living on these bikes while employed at either a HD dealerships, independent shops and high performance shops.  From what I have read here or been told & seen first hand from professionals I know I would expect to see a new or slightly used T/C motor with more than the .003 or .004 run out.  This was posted as causing a major concern.  I know he is right being concerned but I believe more bikes are over .003 than under and that is counting the new ones.  I have two nephews (twins) that each purchased Road Glide last summer with the 103' motor.  They ride real easy and each bike had less than 5K miles.  One is a car mechanic and decided to do a similar project that you are planning on both bikes.  One run out was .005 and one was .0075.  My 08 just happens to be close to 11, so its needs to be addressed.  I agree that it is excessive but it is also normal in the HD world and they won't touch it until it is out to 12 I believe.   No intention of stirring the pot only stating facts as I know them, high run out is much more common than people are led to believe and that is real unfortunate and quite possibly unnecessary by HD.   

Good Luck   
thanks for the reply The run out issue really concerns me to the point of Just keeping my old 01 gear drive cams and no issues with run out, its amazing how quite they are! It is due for new lifters though.

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2013, 02:08:34 PM »

I would highly recommend having your run out measured.  Once you have your information it will tell you what direction you need to go.  My decision was easy but expensive, I had planned to get hard bags and a few other items, but the 110 is coming out and a S&S 124 is going in.  Didn't want to spend that much but the measurement made my decision for me. 

AMP

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2013, 07:27:44 PM »

Silverone, so you are running gear drives now? (the gears)Gear drives are usually noisy if the run out is bad. Having bad run out is not changed by keeping the cam you have. Keeping the old cam won't make it better and getting the new cam won't make it worse. Lifters are a really overworked part of the equation, so it is good to replace them, regardless. SE or S&S would be a good choice. I would still have the run out checked by a well versed mechanic.

silverone

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2013, 08:01:01 PM »

Silverone, so you are running gear drives now? (the gears)Gear drives are usually noisy if the run out is bad. Having bad run out is not changed by keeping the cam you have. Keeping the old cam won't make it better and getting the new cam won't make it worse. Lifters are a really overworked part of the equation, so it is good to replace them, regardless. SE or S&S would be a good choice. I would still have the run out checked by a well versed mechanic.
Sorry if you misunderstood I have gear drives on my old ultra its an 01. I'm not planning to do that on the 07.

AMP

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2013, 08:13:55 PM »

I was definitely confused on that point ;D. What I posted on the run out still stands.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2013, 08:21:58 PM »

Reason for my comment is that the '07 year, seems to have uncommonly more sissoring issues than that of other 4.375" cranks.
2004, and early 2005's were the most prone on the 88"ers.
Only sharing what we've seen here.
Scott

silverone

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2013, 08:26:10 PM »

I have a question for everyone, the dealer wants $2500 for a 5 year extended warranty on an 07 SE110 with a set of after market cams and better than stock lifters. Would I be better off putting that money in the bank, and see if some thing breaks? Your thought's will be greatly appreciated!

silverone

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2013, 08:28:36 PM »

Reason for my comment is that the '07 year, seems to have uncommonly more sissoring issues than that of other 4.375" cranks.
2004, and early 2005's were the most prone on the 88"ers.
Only sharing what we've seen here.
Scott
Scott  could u explain scissoring Issues ? Thanks

AMP

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2013, 08:31:55 PM »

Performance parts void any warranty....technically.

Scissored=Twisted

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2013, 08:35:08 PM »

I have a question for everyone, the dealer wants $2500 for a 5 year extended warranty on an 07 SE110 with a set of after market cams and better than stock lifters. Would I be better off putting that money in the bank, and see if some thing breaks? Your thought's will be greatly appreciated!
You've created a new thread (5 year extended warranty on a used 110?) asking that question... you may want to wait to get your answer there or try the search feature and read the existing threads on extended warranty. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2013, 08:36:44 PM »

I just talked to S&S the link SBB gave me had parts included that S&S said I didn't need for the build I'm doing for $279. The teck guy @ S&S gave me a part number 33-5350 for just the lifter's and $133 list price: $11.00 more than Harley 99 c's.

That would be for the lifters WITHOUT the travel limiter kit -- they will work fine in a stock motor from what I understand.
The $279 lifters (these are what I just received and will be installing as soon as time allows) have the limiter kit installed and from what I understand are a more robust part intended for more aggressive builds using higher compression ratios and/or more aggressive cam profiles. They may be "overkill" for the stock motor but they are going in mine.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2013, 08:39:38 PM »

That would be for the lifters WITHOUT the travel limiter kit -- they will work fine in a stock motor from what I understand.
The $279 lifters (these are what I just received and will be installing as soon as time allows) have the limiter kit installed and from what I understand are a more robust part intended for more aggressive builds using higher compression ratios and/or more aggressive cam profiles. They may be "overkill" for the stock motor but they are going in mine.

Nice bike you have there phato1.
Looks great!

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2013, 08:42:28 PM »

Same to you my friend  :huepfenlol2:
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2013, 08:45:09 PM »

You've created a new thread (5 year extended warranty on a used 110?) asking that question... you may want to wait to get your answer there or try the search feature and read the existing threads on extended warranty. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Why start now?! :nixweiss:  I seem to recall one or two existing threads on scissored cranks and crank runout! :huepfenlol2:

silverone

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2013, 08:49:39 PM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Ive spent days-weeks  lurking I apologize for my impatience.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2013, 08:55:45 PM »

Ive spent days-weeks  lurking I apologize for my impatience.
I can understand and appreciate impatience we (most) all went thru that when getting a bike and having questions/concerns. However (and this is just my humble opinion) when you have asked questions/created threads and members have given you answers (some of which may not have been the one(s) you wanted to hear) your replies have seemed a tad bit arrogant.

I would say (and not because I'm a moderator of this board) but this is one of if not the best place to get information on CVO's... there are a lot of knowledable members here willing to share their knowledge and give opinions.... If you want to know something/have a question/concern don't hesitate to ask, but take the replies in the spirit they are given... and that is to help someone that shares the same passion as all of the members on this site. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2013, 09:05:40 PM »

I can understand and appreciate impatience we (most) all went thru that when getting a bike and having questions/concerns.

Not me.  I was always patient; dammit.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2013, 09:07:32 PM »

Not me.  I was always patient; dammit.

I don't believe that either!

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Well maybe once you weren't, but only once!

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2013, 09:21:05 PM »

I don't believe that either!

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Well maybe once you weren't, but only once!

SBB

Trust me, there are prime examples right here that prove I truly am.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2013, 10:34:07 AM »

Scott  could u explain scissoring Issues ? Thanks

The flywheel halves slip on the crankpin, causing the sprocket shaft, and the pinion shaft to run on 2 seperate centerlines.
Scott
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.324 seconds with 22 queries.