Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 260831 times)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #240 on: February 10, 2010, 10:15:39 PM »

Chappy thanks for the update, we keep you and yours in our prayers, we pray all the Doctors have used the right mix and all will be good again someday soon.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #241 on: February 11, 2010, 10:46:52 AM »

I found this at hdforum.com. It is a link to help Chappy. The good folks of this site have historically been eager to help our brothers and sisters in need. And it is in that spirit that I'd like everyone to take a minute and read the following: http://hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/b-hdf-benefit-for-our-good-friend-member-chappy-sam-legasse-b-43.html

Thank you all very much,

Howie

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #242 on: February 14, 2010, 03:15:49 AM »

Hi Howie,

I finally got back to write one of the hardest things I ever tried to pen.
Nearly as hard as what I try to write in one of those cards I send my wife.
The real point I guess is women folk been tellin us menn forever that we don't get our heart felt words out very good, so it just ain't me.  lol

But, I want to thank you for bringing this to cvoharley on my behalf.
I also wanted to send along a copy of what I fially sent as a message of thanks to HDF where you reside also.

As I have written before, I am a blessed man to have so many friends such as you and so many here.

Thank You my friends.

sincerely
Sam, chappy, friend

Hello:
JohnTN and Terry1955 and all the kind Folks here on HDForum,

I’ve chewed some and now want to attempt a few words concerning the act of kindness toward me by our very own, JohnTN and Terry1955 here at HDForum. I also want to add the nameless and selfless acts of all the those that have been so kind as to follow the lead there of.

What I would like to say is, and what really blows my mind the most is, I’m just not used to having such kindness coming my way. Not to say that I haven’t seen kindness in my life, because I have. It’s more like the direction and deliberate kindness by me and Sue and others toward “other” folks and not necessarily toward me is what's so different. Now that’s about as clear as mud. LOL I guess what I’m saying is simply the good old saying, “It’s easier to give than receive!” In fact, it’s hard to receive, but what’s harder is how to say Thank you in a way that’s not just so many words. Well, as it turns out, there’s really only one way anyone can really say thank you, and that’s from the heart. So, from the bottom of my heart, “Thank You All.”

I have received so many well wishes from my family members at HDForum, I couldn’t even begin to name all of you. I have also received by snail mail a couple of checks. I don’t know if I should name names, but I have decided not to do so on the forum. I will inform John of your name and amount so he can keep record of it all together on his end. I hope this will not offend anyone. If any want to remain completely anonymous please let me know and I will honor your request. If not, John will know as I receive or at least once a week. I plan to call him tomorrow.

I also received several skull rags and have worn and had my head warmed up already. It was in the 20s today and my unhairy head has sported some pretty cool headgear that was not only warm but cool, or would that be cool but warm? But anyway, Thank You for that as well. I will do my best to send personal thanks to each of you that have sent to my home. Far as what has gone to John’s end, well, I’m hoping that he keeps good records because I plan to reply to each and every one involved.

For a bit of wisdom, Never ever go from a thick hairy face and scalp to a nearly hairless head in New Hampshire in Feb. I’m telling you it’s just to chilly for that. I saw 2 of my grand boys yesterday, the 13 year old did a double take a few times, the 4 year old stopped in his tracks until I spoke, then he too gave me a big hug. I plan to see the other 2 soon as well, it will be the first time for them to see me without a full beard and head of hair also. Funny, my daughter is 33 and she said she couldn’t ever remember me without a beard and thick hair. I’m just glad that my hair isn’t falling into my food any more. LOL

Now it's past 2:30 pm and I'm headed for bed. I’m hoping for a good night sleep tonight now that the chemo sickness is in rest mode till next treatment on the 22, 23 & 24 of Feb. I didn’t know that the sickness lasted half of the 3 weeks from treatment to treatment.

Sincerely
Sam Legasse your friend in Sunapee, NH

Ps 118:8

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #243 on: February 14, 2010, 06:30:56 PM »

Chappy, you are indeed a man of honor, we all admire you for your service to your country and my family prays for you in your battle and will help anyway we can.  Stay strong my friend, spring is around the corner, someday the snow will all melt and things will be good again. Good luck on your upcoming treatment man hang tough.

Chains.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 09:17:17 PM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #244 on: February 18, 2010, 02:04:19 AM »

Hey Chappy, it's 2:00 am and I can't sleep again. I was thinking about you and Sue. You guys are so blessed to have each other. I feel the same way about Karen and myself. I can tell that Sue is the love of your life.

I hope you are starting to feel better.

Your Friend,
Chris
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #245 on: February 19, 2010, 11:33:06 AM »

Praying and pulling for you Chappy. Very inspirational to read of your strength...God Bless you, and heal quickly!
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

grit

• GRIT
  • Junior CVO Member
  • CVO 2009; FLHTCUSE Stardust Silver/Twilight Blue
« Reply #246 on: February 20, 2010, 08:56:59 AM »

Chappy,Sam,Friend ... we love you man! You are a gift from God sent to all of us. Keep keppin' on.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #247 on: February 21, 2010, 02:38:15 AM »

as always, I can't begain to express how much your encourageing words mean to me.
I know that they along with your thoughts and prayers are helping me, I can't imagine how it would be without them.
This Monday the 22nd the 3 day chemo cycle starts all over again. I don't much like the sickness, but, so goes the fight.
I heard the call "Charge" and charge I have done. It's clear I'm not done yet, but, like my topic states, I may be down but I'm not out.

Thanks for being my friends
and thanks for all your help
God bless each of you
chappy, Sam, Friend

I'l try to write again very soon

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #248 on: February 21, 2010, 09:05:23 AM »

Sam,
Thanks for the update. Our thoughts and prayers are with you every day. Keep up te good fight and give Sue a big hug from South Carolina!
God Bless,
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #249 on: February 21, 2010, 12:34:00 PM »

Yes Sam keep up the fight praying for you every day. Sam my friend you are the man  :2vrolijk_21:

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #250 on: February 21, 2010, 12:39:13 PM »

Chappy,

Keep up the fight, I admire how strong you and your family are.  Get well spring is not far away my friend.  We will keep you and yours in our prayers.

2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #251 on: February 22, 2010, 12:34:24 AM »

Chappy, I will be thinking about you. Be strong as you always are.

Your Friend,
Chris
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #252 on: February 22, 2010, 06:24:17 AM »

Thanks Chris,

I'm headed to the chemo room in about 10 minutes. Less than an hour and I'll be sporting a couple nice tubes and late model bags.
Well, before ya know it, it's tomorrow.
Hope this sunrise shines with greatness on you all today.
chappy

grit

• GRIT
  • Junior CVO Member
  • CVO 2009; FLHTCUSE Stardust Silver/Twilight Blue
« Reply #253 on: February 22, 2010, 08:33:05 AM »

... and Chappy, we are all praying for your many tomorrows. God IS with you.

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #254 on: February 22, 2010, 08:42:41 PM »

You are on my prayer list. I wish you the best my friend.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 99

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 20 queries.