Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: BUB Stealth Mufflers  (Read 30737 times)

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: BUB Stealth Mufflers
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 11:13:49 AM »

Okay guys, I took one for the team and ordered a set of these BUB 7 Stealth Mufflers.  Sounds like I should have them in about a week.  Sure hope they are what I'm looking for.  My wife thinks I've totally lost it when it comes to mufflers.  Fortunately she is understanding as I proceed with my quest for the "perfect muffler".

I'll report back once I have them and have had a chance to test them.

Zeb your wife and mine should talk they be laughing there asses off at us. Did you get them yet? Price & where?
2012 Ultra Limited,V&H VO2 Intake,Wood 222 Cams,Cobra Power Port Header,CVO Mufflers,TTS Tuner
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 11:25:41 AM »

They are due to arrive this Wednesday via UPS.  I bought them from Phat Performance Parts for $491. http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/

I hope this is "the end".  If I don't like them I'm going to stick with the Fullsacs and be done with it.  I think!!  :)

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 10:53:43 AM »

Zeb,
I talked to a tech guy at Bub yesterday and the mufflers are 80 db at idle,91db at 2500 RPM,they are a see thru design, 4" dia. with a much different baffle then the standard Bub 7 mufflers. Every see thru design muffler I have tried has been too loud for me including the 1.75 fullsac baffle in the CVO mufflers.
2012 Ultra Limited,V&H VO2 Intake,Wood 222 Cams,Cobra Power Port Header,CVO Mufflers,TTS Tuner
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 12:42:36 PM »

Zeb,
I talked to a tech guy at Bub yesterday and the mufflers are 80 db at idle,91db at 2500 RPM,they are a see thru design, 4" dia. with a much different baffle then the standard Bub 7 mufflers. Every see thru design muffler I have tried has been too loud for me including the 1.75 fullsac baffle in the CVO mufflers.
Wow, I hope he is wrong, 83db is twice as loud as 80db 91 would rattle your teeth.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 12:49:23 PM »

I will let you know in a few days.  Mine will be here tomorrow.  I really don't believe the 91 db.  They never indicated that to me when I talked to them.  That would make them as loud as the standard BUB 7's.  Guess I'll find out.

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 02:08:08 PM »

I thought that was high too,when the monster ovals came out a  V&H's tech told me they were 93db at a 50 MPH drive by,I can believe that after owning a set for a short time.
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 08:20:07 PM »

The BUB 7 Stealth mufflers arrived about 5:30 this evening.  I installed them and went for a short ride as the rain was starting to move in.  Can't wait to get out and give them a good test.  Here's my first impression:  I think they are about as close to perfect as I'm going to find.  Nice low rumble without any loud bark even when you crack the throttle.  Defintely louder than stock and a much, much better sound.  And they are quite a bit quieter than the CVO/Fullsac 1.75" I just took off.

All you guys that are looking for something a little louder than stock but not too loud, I think these are the answer.  And believe me I've tried a bunch.  Two different sets of Screamin Eagle Performance mufflers, then Hookers, Rush, V&H Ovals, V&H Monster Ovals, Fullsac 2.0" and the latest 1.75".  These Bub Stealths are also quieter than the V&H Monsters and have as nice a sound.

And bob2002, I don't know who told you that these are a see thru design.  They certainly are not.  They have a different, weird looking baffle.

I'll take some pictures and post them tomorrow when this weather clears up.  But for the time being I'm a "happy camper".  Of course time on the bike will be the true test.  I'm probably one of the first guys in the country to have these mufflers on a bike.

And they look really good!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 08:23:03 PM by DakotaZeb »

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 11:42:20 PM »

Zeb,I talked to two different tech guys and got two different answers,glad there not straight thru. How did it compare to the Fullsac's going thru the gears? Crisper or restricted? Looking foward to the pictures.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 08:04:26 AM by bob2002 »
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 09:33:28 AM »

Here's a few pics.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 09:34:14 AM »

Another

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2009, 09:34:50 AM »

Another

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2009, 09:35:33 AM »

Last one.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2009, 09:38:13 AM »

They look great. Man I miss the two cans look.

JW

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 09:39:59 AM »

i ordered the bub brouhard and should get them in a few days. just in case some of you want to know what they sound like. im hoping that they are not real quiet.

HogDog

Did you get the Brouhard's installed? Impressions?

JW

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 11:28:21 AM »

Thanks for the report Dakota.  They're definately the best looking exhaust out there.

Personally, if I could keep the stock quiet (although I don't care for the tone) and get more performance out of them, that's what I'd do.  So, to get the performance bump that I'm looking for (just a bit more), it looks like these Stealth are what I'm wanting.  Thanks again DZ! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 21 queries.