Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: The Guy's Ride....Hwy. 33 and Hwy. 58....  (Read 6908 times)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
Re: The Guy's Ride....Hwy. 33 and Hwy. 58....
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2012, 08:21:41 PM »

The Parkfield location looks perfect for a M.I.T.M.........

Just say when!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2012, 08:43:11 PM »

What does the second line from bottom say?  Wondering if there is a begin date for the 30 year prediction or is this another running 30 year probability that never has a beginning?

Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2012, 09:56:32 PM »

What does the second line from bottom say?  Wondering if there is a begin date for the 30 year prediction or is this another running 30 year probability that never has a beginning?

Copyright USGS 2012. ;D
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2012, 09:39:31 AM »

Thanks JC for the great  :pepper: ride (pictures).   :2vrolijk_21: I loved that bar with the saddle seats  :P
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Vulcanaft

• Full CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2012 SEUC (Sold)
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2012, 02:14:54 PM »

Great post and pictures, JCZ. In the same time in Wisconsin ...ohh
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 02:25:53 PM by DGCVO »

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2012, 03:13:40 PM »

Whew!  Lots of my old stomping grounds around San Luis Obispo, Paso and Chalome. 

A friend was killed a few years ago on Hwy 46 riding with a group headed East riding Harleys out of Paso Robles.  There was a stalled car blocking the westbound lane and a speeding car went around it, hitting John's bike head on.  He was the last one in the group and it was at the top of a hill, so the first time he saw the car, it was too late to avoid the cage.  Sad timing for a great friend.

Every year or two we do a run through that countryside.  It is stark and beautiful. In the springtime on a wet year, the wildflowers are an awesome sight.

There is another road I can recommend that runs between Hwy 25 and Coalinga, called Coalinga Road.  You'll want to take it in a dry year or late summer or fall, because the creeks can get deep at the crossings, but it's a great ride through some beautiful country.  Not a fast run and just over 1 1/2 lane much of the way, but quite memorable.   

Thanks for all the great pictures!  We need to get some of the Bay Area members to ride!  Heck, I'm up for a run through the Santa Cruz Mountains just to shake out the cobwebs!

Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2012, 05:58:10 PM »

Whew!  Lots of my old stomping grounds around San Luis Obispo, Paso and Chalome. 

A friend was killed a few years ago on Hwy 46 riding with a group headed East riding Harleys out of Paso Robles.  There was a stalled car blocking the westbound lane and a speeding car went around it, hitting John's bike head on.  He was the last one in the group and it was at the top of a hill, so the first time he saw the car, it was too late to avoid the cage.  Sad timing for a great friend.

Every year or two we do a run through that countryside.  It is stark and beautiful. In the springtime on a wet year, the wildflowers are an awesome sight.

There is another road I can recommend that runs between Hwy 25 and Coalinga, called Coalinga Road.  You'll want to take it in a dry year or late summer or fall, because the creeks can get deep at the crossings, but it's a great ride through some beautiful country.  Not a fast run and just over 1 1/2 lane much of the way, but quite memorable.   

Thanks for all the great pictures!  We need to get some of the Bay Area members to ride!   Heck, I'm up for a run through the Santa Cruz Mountains just to shake out the cobwebs!

There were a couple vally guys (me and Jon) and a couple of the bay area guys (Andy and Dan) and I believe I invited you......you just have to show up! ;D
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2012, 01:44:05 AM »

JC I am also amazed at your photography skills these days, so much that I will not be getting a camera anytime soon. I agree with Van, if I try doing what you do I'll be back at Jims waiting for my bike again. So thank you much for the invite and its great to look at the pictures so I can see where I was all weekend. Had a great time and looking forward to next ride...... Just a great weekend, amazing weather and all....  :orange: :orange: :2vrolijk_21:  Jon

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2012, 08:40:42 AM »

JC I am also amazed at your photography skills these days, so much that I will not be getting a camera anytime soon. I agree with Van, if I try doing what you do I'll be back at Jims waiting for my bike again. So thank you much for the invite and its great to look at the pictures so I can see where I was all weekend. Had a great time and looking forward to next ride...... Just a great weekend, amazing weather and all....  :orange: :orange: :2vrolijk_21:  Jon

Great......TC has recommended a new lens and well, the money's kind of funny......we'll let you donate the lens and we'll be set! :2vrolijk_21:           :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2012, 10:29:13 AM »

I thought suggesting you needed a new strap was the 2 cents you needed..... :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: just trying to help a guy spend his money. Whats a friend for, just sayin.... :huepfenjump3: :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2012, 02:14:05 PM »

I thought suggesting you needed a new strap was the 2 cents you needed..... :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: just trying to help a guy spend his money. Whats a friend for, just sayin.... :huepfenjump3: :2vrolijk_21:

You could have at least covered that $15 lens cap that didn't even make it to Chaloame. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2012, 10:01:16 PM »

JC you're just not seeing the silver lining here.....now you know you need to add a little screw to that lens cover so you never have to lose one again. What more could a guy ask for than a little hands on experience.....just sayin  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:, love ya bro. LOL

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2012, 08:04:40 PM »

Sneak preview for tomorrow......more James Dean stuff.  Here's the full story of his last few days....   http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/d/James%20Dean/james_dean.htm

And here is some more info.... http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com/2009/07/03/little-bastard-the-silver-spyder/

« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:10:22 PM by rbaker »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 26 queries.