Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: 110 vs 113 cu in  (Read 4243 times)

Xmas camel

• FLHRSEI.ORG
110 vs 113 cu in
« on: December 09, 2006, 03:55:49 PM »

I am curious as to why HD introduced a new 110 engine option for 2007 when there already was a 113 which has several piston/head options (bigger bore and 103+) available. Is there some inherent advantage to the 110? Is the 110 the wave of the future with performance options coming down the road, or just another displacement option introduced on 2007 CVO's before they go to 113 in 2008?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: 110 vs 113 cu in
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 04:05:39 PM »

I am curious as to why HD introduced a new 110 engine option for 2007 when there already was a 113 which has several piston/head options (bigger bore and 103+) available. Is there some inherent advantage to the 110? Is the 110 the wave of the future with performance options coming down the road, or just another displacement option introduced on 2007 CVO's before they go to 113 in 2008?

If I'm not mistaken, the 113" is a not street legal package. It's a SE catalog set-up. You can use the barrels to bolt on to a street legal 110", but that would not be very cost effective for the minimal gains. The 110" in the SE catalog is to convert to the street legal version engine in the '07 CVO's. This my understanding of this (I'm sure I'll be corrected if this is wrong
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

denim

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 05:49:48 PM »

"I think" the 110" retains the O-Ring base gasket, while the 113" doesn't.
Is that a big plus?????

denim

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 06:52:37 PM »

"I think" the 110" retains the O-Ring base gasket, while the 113" doesn't.
Is that a big plus?????

denim

I'm not really sure. The 113" is only listed as a race motor. I don't even see the parts in the SE catalog. I think it uses the same flywheels as the 103/110, with 4.06" pistons. They show a recommended combo list , but not the parts. It's funny that they don't show a Dyno for the street legal 110" kit they sell (stock '07 CVO), but they show one for the 113' motor combo. A little embarassed with those stock 110" numbers Mr. MoCo, are we?

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 08:50:06 PM »

I'm not really sure. The 113" is only listed as a race motor. I don't even see the parts in the SE catalog. I think it uses the same flywheels as the 103/110, with 4.06" pistons. They show a recommended combo list , but not the parts. It's funny that they don't show a Dyno for the street legal 110" kit they sell (stock '07 CVO), but they show one for the 113' motor combo. A little embarassed with those stock 110" numbers Mr. MoCo, are we?

Rhino

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 08:52:01 PM »

The reason is clear, while the 113 WILL kick ass, the 110 can be beat by a 95 with a cam.  Its a money spending thing.  We must keep all our vendors and aftermarket mod guys in the money.

Ya wanna play ya gotta pay.  Pay HD or pay someone else, but the bottom line is ya gotta spend to make that 110 do much of anything.  

So far, Pipes 349, dyno 200, SERT 400, AC 100, an easy 500 for misc, and now what?  More money for a cam, labor, other misc parts, then the new ECM... so stop bitchin and just spend mo money an get some performance outta that choked up excuse for a 110 motor.  Wake up and smell the torque monster hidden within.  It's just a money thing, that's all.  Oh yeh, if they come up with a bigger CU in 08 I would be shocked.   No mo CU until you add water. Then it is no longer a Harley, its a VROD disguised to look like a Harley.    Hmmmm, Isn't that what Yamaha, Kawasaki and others already did? They try and look like Harley, now Harley is gonna try and look like the competition.  Glad I bought the last of the dinosaurs. Might well be worth a fortune in 20-30 years.

its a rant night.

Rhino

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 05:10:18 AM »

[highlight]The 113 parts are in the 07 Screamin Eagle catalogue [/highlight]Page 49- - - 4.060" Bigger Bore cylinders Part # 16550-04 for Black and 16551-04 for Silver. Variety of pistons listed on Page 50 all under 113" Bigger Bore. Heads are a matter of choice, but there are recommendations. Grover should be the one to answer all this since his motor is a 113"

B B

Rhino

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 07:33:35 AM »

Hey Hoist,

I am not upset at all, just going on a little rant. BTW what are you doing up so early anyway?  This is my second Harley, had a used Road King and life was good.  Now as my first NEW dealer bike, the rules seem to be different. Anyway, I will put warranty issues totally out of the picture, and exude confidence regarding any future mods I do.  I am not looking for a screamin monster either, but I know there is a secret combination that will give me what I feel was truly intended for this moteor. A special cam will be more powerful, and I want it to be transparent to the motor, just want it to like it without any wild ECM changes.  

I also fee that there will be an additional mod that will finally make my bike what I expect.  As I quoted to someone the other day, IMO it works.

"I want just a little more power than I will ever need"

Rhino
Go For A Ride!

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 08:21:01 PM »

I can tell you I'm pulling 115Tq and 114HP out of my 113" all SE build and it runs great. I'm sure a 110" with another 5K in upgrades would run very close.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 08:29:19 PM »

Hey Hoist,

I am not upset at all, just going on a little rant. BTW what are you doing up so early anyway?

Rhino

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 08:54:30 PM »

Only another 5K?  Make me wanna run out and spend some immediately.   Actually, I really like playing around with the bike, and as I go farther for upgrades that is more than the SERT AC and Pipes, I will want to do it myself.  That is really part of my enjoyment. Of course for the head work I will ship it off some where, but the takedown and reassembly, why that's where it's at for me.

It's a HOBBY, with a little of the lifestyle thrown in.  I am waiting to see what options come about for the 110.  I am sure there is going to be a bunch!  I already have the Thunder ECM, just waiting for it's replacement.   I am anxious to get going on something more, but I can't wait 2 years.

Now I am very fortunate to have a bud who has a full blown shop, and it's his HOBBY too, not a business. Makes for some fun opportunities as they come along.  

So one day, the 110 will come alive, but only one way for me. Reliability and streetability.  I don' want to be a gineau pig on this one, my pretty B & O.

Rhino

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 09:11:43 PM »

Only another 5K?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 09:19:16 PM »

...... It's a trip bike. [highlight]750lbs does not a race bike make[/highlight]. The Pro Street is 450#. Still not a race bike but, hold on and have fun!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Hoist!   8-)
Brotha, you are going to be surprised when you see some of the member
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 09:22:12 PM »

WOW, I see Fired00d's name under a thread and the topic isn't " MOVED"  Cool  8-)

Big B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 09:23:56 PM »

Brotha, you are going to be surprised when you see some of the member

Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.