Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: A LITTLE GUN CONTROL HISTORY  (Read 5733 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
A LITTLE GUN CONTROL HISTORY
« on: January 21, 2008, 07:09:39 PM »

If you haven't seen this, check it out. Don't let this happen to us!!! And no, I didn't check with Snopes. Just a little common sense here! :o ;)

Hoist! 8)

A LITTLE GUN CONTROL HISTORY

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control and from 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
      ------------------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control and from 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others, who were unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
     -----------------------------------------------
China established gun control in 1935 and from 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
      ----------- -------------------
Guatemala established gun control in 1964 and from 1964 to 1981, 100,000  Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and  exterminated.
Uganda established gun control in 1970 and from 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956 and from 1975 to 1977, one million ‘educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control:   
56 million.

It has now been 2 years since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australian taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.  The first year results are now in:

Homicide is up 3.2 percent Australia-wide
Assaults are up 8.6 percent Australia-wide.   
Armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.  Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY.  Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.
You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind  them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens'.

Without them, we are 'subjects'

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 08:36:30 PM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
Re: A LITTLE GUN CONTROL HISTORY
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 08:34:13 PM »

One more reason to move out of NYC to Kentucky. Guns maybe outlawed in the city, but only if they catch ya.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 08:44:59 PM »

I believe I read somewhere that the fact that private weapon ownership was very high across the US was what kept the Japanese from a ground assault in Cali  :vrolijk27: :rifle:

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 11:09:39 PM »

Gun Control:  You better think about this and find out how the presidential candidates stand on this issue before you go vote!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 11:49:13 PM »

Again...please read this carefully...

http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 01:37:42 AM »

Here's a daily update from the NRA and their Institute for Legislative Action.  This site gathers info on actions throughout the United States in defense of the right to bear arms and anti-gunner attacks on that right.

Quote: "The position of the National Rifle Association is clear. The Second Amendment protects the fundamental, individual right of law-abiding citizens to own firearms for any lawful purpose. Further, any law infringing this freedom, including a ban on self-defense and handgun ownership, is unconstitutional and provides no benefit to curbing crime. "

http://www.nraila.org/

The threat on your freedom is real.  Check it out today.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 09:38:26 AM by Rjob749 »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 01:44:41 AM »

MORE GUNS, LESS “GUN CONTROL,” LESS CRIME

The number of privately owned guns in the U.S. is at an all-time high (upwards of 200 million) and rises about 4.5 million annually. The number of gun owners is also at an all-time high. Almost half of all households in America have guns.
During the last decade, many “gun control” laws have been eliminated or made less restrictive. Forty states now have RTC laws. The federal waiting period on handgun sales ended in 1998, in favor of the National Instant Check, and some states thereafter eliminated waiting periods, purchase permit requirements, or other laws delaying gun sales. The federal “assault weapon” ban expired in 2004.

All states now have hunter protection laws, 46 have range protection laws, 46 prohibit local jurisdictions from imposing gun laws more restrictive than state law, and 44 protect the right to arms in their constitutions. Congress and 33 states have prohibited frivolous lawsuits against the firearm industry.

Since 1991, violent crime has declined 38% overall, to a 30-year low. Murder has decreased 43%; rape, 25%; robbery, 48%; and aggravated assault, 33%.

GENERAL INFORMATION

Privately owned firearms in the U.S.: Well over 200 million, including upwards of 65-70 million handguns. The number rises by approximately 4.5 million annually. (BATFE)

• Gun owners in the U.S.: 65-80 million; 30-35 million own handguns

• American households that have firearms: Approx. 45%

• Hunters nationwide: 18.5 million (National Shooting Sports Foundation)

• NRA State Associations and Local Clubs: 10,000

• NRA Target Shooting Tournaments annually: 10,000

• NRA Certified Instructors 51,000

Copyright 2008, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.

Quoted from: http://www.nraila.org//Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=83
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 01:49:19 AM by Rjob749 »

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 09:36:00 AM »

When guns are illegal the only ones with guns will be the crooks.  Proud to carry an NRA card.  They are the defenders or our rights to keep and bear arms. 
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 11:41:30 AM »

Politicians pay big buck$ to spin their agenda.  Don't allow your Second Amendment rights to be taken away. 
Research before you vote!

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 12:58:06 PM »

I believe I read somewhere that the fact that private weapon ownership was very high across the US was what kept the Japanese from a ground assault in Cali  :vrolijk27: :rifle:

Yeah and because we (All Americans)  owned Laser's (CD PLAYERS) that is why the USSR fell in 1989  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 09:11:11 AM »

everytime Gun control issues come up and debated,

I go out and buy another gun......

cannot have to many guns or motorcycles
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 10:48:05 AM »

everytime Gun control issues come up and debated,
I go out and buy another gun......
cannot have to many guns or motorcycles

Yep, I always seem to purchase new guns just before elections.
I guess I am afraid we could wind up with a liberal for president that will ban the sale of firearms.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 02:49:03 PM »

Quote: "The position of the National Rifle Association is clear. The Second Amendment protects the fundamental, individual right of law-abiding citizens to own firearms for any lawful purpose. Further, any law infringing this freedom, including a ban on self-defense and handgun ownership, is unconstitutional and provides no benefit to curbing crime. "

That says it all!!    :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 03:47:37 PM »

Yep, I always seem to purchase new guns just before elections.
I guess I am afraid we could wind up with a liberal for president that will ban the sale of firearms.

Which is why I am always stuck voting Republican.  the damned democrats are always so virulently anti-gun head-in-the-sand, somebody-else-will-take-care-of-me-ish, that I get stuck with a second rate politico, jsut to be able to protect my family. 

It's a crappy position to be in.   Acck.  I hate elections.    :soapbox:
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 05:09:05 PM »

Which is why I am always stuck voting Republican.  the damned democrats are always so virulently anti-gun head-in-the-sand, somebody-else-will-take-care-of-me-ish, that I get stuck with a second rate politico, jsut to be able to protect my family. 

It's a crappy position to be in.   Acck.  I hate elections.    :soapbox:
Ain't that the truth!   Or, at least it seems to have been for most of my voting life.  :(  aaarrgh.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 05:19:28 PM »

When guns are illegal the only ones with guns will be the crooks.

We are having a huge problem here in Toronto, two bystandards have been shot to death on different dates, at different loactions by way of stray bullets from gunfights in less than a week of each other.

The province is considering banning handguns out right.... guess it's just a matter of time before we Canadians are rounded up and exterminated?

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 05:22:15 PM »

Ain't that the truth!   Or, at least it seems to have been for most of my voting life.  :(  aaarrgh.  spyder

Here is a novel thought.......a Conservative Democrat

Since the Democratic party got Hijacked by the looney left,  not much choice anymore
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 05:48:16 PM »

The province is considering banning handguns out right.... guess it's just a matter of time before we Canadians are rounded up and exterminated?
Nawww, just pack up and move down here.  We're easy on immigrants.  :o har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

charlie

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2008, 06:14:20 PM »

The only gun control I want is when it's in my hand.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2008, 04:54:46 PM »

Gun control means using two hands.

Everything I own is banned in Mass.

We have probably the top 1 or 2 toughest gun laws in the country and violent crime and homicide is increasing every year.  Don't the laws work?
When they were debating the Assault ban in Mass,  a bunch of military type weapons [there is no such thing as an assault weapon, it was made up by the the left media (not that there's a right media)], were displayed in the state house and assumed to have been confiscated in Mass.  Instead it was learned that they (guns) were brought in from Connecticut.  So the AG and police fooled the legislators into believing there was a problem. 

NRA Benefactor
Any day on the bike is a good day.

GaLonghair

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2008, 05:31:40 PM »

I keep my NRA card right next to my HOG card, and you are right about Democrap canidates at the national level. But some of the canidates at the local level (in the rural south anyway) are smart enough to know that the Second Amend. rules. Those in the big city, oh well, glad I don't live there any more!
Lead, follow or get out of the way. But, do something!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2008, 07:14:41 PM »

Here's one for the books.  I think the attitude goes well beyond one Virginian State Senator.

Saslaw maligned gun-rights supporters, all rural Virginians
- Bristol News
Shame on Virginia Senate Majority Leader Dick Saslaw. A man who has spent the better part of three decades in the legislature in Richmond ought to have more sense than to insult any state resident let alone an entire group of them.

See the story here: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=20228.new#new

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2008, 01:18:06 AM »

It's wierd how from my cold dead hands theory goes out the window when they demand you have a permit isn't it?

A RIGHT is a RIGHT, that means you don't have to ask mommy or daddy. Then again most people don't even actually own property and the way laws are written Rights are attached to property. This is why when one claims they know their Rights to a cop, he just pulls out the Tazer.....If you don't OWN property ( Allodiul Title ) you don't have Rights you have privledges. It's not my fault, I don't get to make the laws........but I work very hard to try to make a difference. Any of you guys ever sat in on a UN Conference? You would not believe the chit they talk in there.......they should make a cspan3, if people watched that maybe they would have a clue.

I bet you did not know that there are two types of citizenship status in the USA. There are USA Citizens and Americans and the UN recognizes both. Many claim to be Americans out of ignorance, there is a process to become a proper State Citizen ( actual American ) that very few have actually done. Do your own due dilligence and you will find out for yourself. I have done my part. You can call me crazy if you want to now.
" Those who give up their Liberties for Security deserve niether"
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2008, 05:12:34 PM »

Watch carefully what happens with upcoming session in the Supreme Court

This has the ability to effect every gun owner in America!

Washington DC Vs Heller

As I understand it NRA Platform (and the republican platform) has always taken the verbage "the individuals right to

bear arms" was to take it literally, meaning the Individual (person) has the right to bear arms.

It looks like the Justice Dept is backing off that premise and interpreting the individual in a broader sense (like Militia)

this would undermine the 2nd amendment as I understand it and it is throwing the NRA under the bus and every

other gun carrying person also!  I am not sure why the administration is allowing this to take place but it is!

Call your representatives and let them know how you feel........or turn in your guns!

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=24582&keywords=heller

watch out!
Formally FLHTCUSE3

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2008, 11:20:46 AM »

thanks for posting.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder

GaLonghair

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2008, 11:31:19 AM »

The general concensis by those supposedly in the know is that the Supreme Court is going to come down on the side of the individal right :2vrolijk_21:, but who knows. It is interesting that Dick Chenny and the congress seem to be going a diff. way from Bush and the Justice Dept. This could get real interesting :)
Lead, follow or get out of the way. But, do something!

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2008, 02:51:46 PM »

The general concensis by those supposedly in the know is that the Supreme Court is going to come down on the side of the individal right :2vrolijk_21:, but who knows. It is interesting that Dick Chenny and the congress seem to be going a diff. way from Bush and the Justice Dept. This could get real interesting :)

Maybe Chenny had a change of heart after he shot his friend in the face... ;)

TTS Mastertune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2008, 03:17:04 PM »

Maybe Chenny had a change of heart after he shot his friend in the face... ;)
Now TC, you don't know all the facts on that hunting incident........coulda been that his 'friend' had stepped outa line and just needed shooting.  :o har!  :drink: spyder

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2008, 01:29:43 PM »

Now TC, you don't know all the facts on that hunting incident........coulda been that his 'friend' had stepped outa line and just needed shooting.  :o har!  :drink: spyder

I hope I don't have any "friends" like that on here... :nervous: :nervous: :drink:

TTS Mastertune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2008, 01:39:01 PM »

I hope I don't have any "friends" like that on here... :nervous: :nervous: :drink:
How come you're not out w/ Bootsie burning up some back roads today?  :nixweiss: har!  spyder

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2008, 02:37:14 PM »

Don't need a permit to carry an unconcealed weapon in WV, and Va, in certain environments.  I myself, have a CWP, and have since 1987.  The right to bear arms for my own protection, was given me by my Creator.  You know, like in "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness."  The Constitution is only an instrument to protect those God-given Rights.  BTW, effective August 1, 2006, in WV, I am no longer required to inform an officer of the Law I have a dangerous and deadly weapon in my vehicle, when stopped for whatever reason.  Permit or no permit, as long as I am alive, I will have a Firearm in my possession.  Better to have one and not need it, than to need one and not have it.  ;) There enedth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD   
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2008, 08:45:39 PM »

[quote author=HUBBARD link=topic=19985.msg327458#msg327458 .  BTW, effective August 1, 2006, in WV, I am no longer required to inform an officer of the Law I have a dangerous and deadly weapon in my vehicle, when stopped for whatever reason.   
[/quote]

I know that in Virginia if you have a Concealed Weapons Permit it is linked to your driver's license and vehicle registration info so even before the officer walks up on your vehicle if he has run your plate it will notify him that the registered owner has a permit. I don't know if that applies to out-of-state permit holders though. FYI.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2008, 08:53:36 PM »

I know that in Virginia if you have a Concealed Weapons Permit it is linked to your driver's license and vehicle registration info so even before the officer walks up on your vehicle if he has run your plate it will notify him that the registered owner has a permit. I don't know if that applies to out-of-state permit holders though. FYI.
I just recently took a class to get a Utah CWP and was told in the class that unlike having a Va. CWP the Utah one will not be linked to my DL (for Va. LEO to know). However I think it's a good practice to inform a LEO officer when he approaches (with both hands remaining on the steering wheel) that I'm carrying, and where it is. I don't want to have (give) some rookie/trigger happy/nervous LEO the chance to at a minimum have me face down on the ground if not accidental shooting me. :nervous:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2008, 09:20:15 PM »

I just recently took a class to get a Utah CWP and was told in the class that unlike having a Va. CWP the Utah one will not be linked to my DL (for Va. LEO to know). However I think it's a good practice to inform a LEO officer when he approaches (with both hands remaining on the steering wheel) that I'm carrying, and where it is. I don't want to have (give) some rookie/trigger happy/nervous LEO the chance to at a minimum have me face down on the ground if not accidental shooting me. :nervous:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
It is still req'd. in NC for Concealed Carry to inform LEO's that you're licensed and carrying a concealed firearm.  Unfortunately, the NC law allows privately owned businesses such as 7-elevens, gas stations, etc. to post a 'no concealed weapons' sign which makes having one on premises illegal........this would be a situation where voluntarily informing that you're carrying would not be prudent.  Just as removing your concealed weapon before entering such establishment in certain places and going unarmed would not be prudent.  Is this what they call a 'catch 22'?   :-\  spyder

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2008, 09:25:54 PM »

It is still req'd. in NC for Concealed Carry to inform LEO's that you're licensed and carrying a concealed firearm.  Unfortunately, the NC law allows privately owned businesses such as 7-elevens, gas stations, etc. to post a 'no concealed weapons' sign which makes having one on premises illegal........this would be a situation where voluntarily informing that you're carrying would not be prudent.  Just as removing your concealed weapon before entering such establishment in certain places and going unarmed would not be prudent.  Is this what they call a 'catch 22'?   :-\  spyder
Va. has the same type laws. Any private business can post "No Weapons" and you're not allowed to carry them on their property. Those type establishments IMO aren't deserving of my money. You are right in cases like that if I were carrying I wouldn't tell the officer. Hopefully I wouldn't be in the need of one (LEO), and in most cases if I'm "illegal" I'm going to be a model citizen in their presence.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2008, 09:28:11 PM »

when i had my small buisness i'd go into the post office in the morning, its illigale to carry in a PO... but i wasnt gpoing to take it off and leave it in my truck  :nixweiss:
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2008, 09:30:26 PM »

Va. has the same type laws. Any private business can post "No Weapons" and you're not allowed to carry them on their property. Those type establishments IMO aren't deserving of my money. You are right in cases like that if I were carrying I wouldn't tell the officer. Hopefully I wouldn't be in the need of one (LEO), and in most cases if I'm "illegal" I'm going to be a model citizen in their presence.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
as always.  ;D har!  :huepfenjump3: spyder

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2008, 09:31:32 PM »

when i had my small buisness i'd go into the post office in the morning, its illigale to carry in a PO... but i wasnt gpoing to take it off and leave it in my truck  :nixweiss:
You didn't work there I don't see the harm not like you were going to go "postal". :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2008, 09:32:03 PM »

Yeah, you never know about those postal workers.... :huepfenlol2: :oops:...har!  spyder

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2008, 09:34:13 PM »

as always.  ;D har!  :huepfenjump3: spyder
Probably has something to do with all the illegal stuff I did in my past and never got caught doing it. ;)

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2008, 09:58:27 PM »

Probably has something to do with all the illegal stuff I did in my past and never got caught doing it. ;)

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
         :o

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2008, 10:50:23 PM »

The way I see it, if someone has passed the background check and gone through the required training to get their CPW, they are most likely law abiding responsible citizens that do not want to jeopardize their CPW.

We law abiding responsible citizens are not the ones that society has to be worried about.  In fact, if we that are carrying legally were allowed to carry in all the places that are "off limits", there might be a lot fewer tragedys, like the massacre at the Omaha mall a few weeks ago.

A sign banning weapons in a business, state or federal building, or other establishment is not going to keep the bad guys from carrying anyway. :soapbox:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2008, 10:56:44 PM »

The way I see it, if someone has passed the background check and gone through the required training to get their CPW, they are most likely law abiding responsible citizens that do not want to jeopardize their CPW.

We law abiding responsible citizens are not the ones that society has to be worried about.  In fact, if we that are carrying legally were allowed to carry in all the places that are "off limits", there might be a lot fewer tragedys, like the massacre at the Omaha mall a few weeks ago.

A sign banning weapons in a business, state or federal building, or other establishment is not going to keep the bad guys from carrying anyway. :soapbox:
So very true. The states/cities that have an outright ban on guns are statistically the ones that have the most gun related crimes. >:( :soapbox:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2008, 10:59:49 PM »

The LAW ain't for us.  The LAW is to protect LAW breaker.  Correct me, if I'm wrong.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2008, 08:42:29 AM »

The LAW ain't for us.  The LAW is to protect LAW breaker.  Correct me, if I'm wrong.  Later--HUBBARD

i wish i could but unfortunatley you are correct  :soapbox:
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2008, 09:14:43 AM »

My friend is a FFL and Mass Firearms dealer.  He investigated this exact situation.  You are allowed to carry into a PO if its for offical business (not just a dealer). In other words, if you are going in to commit a crime, its another Federal law they can charge you with, that's all. 

Another note: When I had to mail my P-14 to be repaired under warranty, I walked in to the PO and declared it and sent it. And yes, it is legal to mail a gun to be repaired and it can be mailed back. 

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2008, 09:19:16 AM »

Watch carefully what happens with upcoming session in the Supreme Court

This has the ability to effect every gun owner in America!

Washington DC Vs Heller

As I understand it NRA Platform (and the republican platform) has always taken the verbage "the individuals right to

bear arms" was to take it literally, meaning the Individual (person) has the right to bear arms.

It looks like the Justice Dept is backing off that premise and interpreting the individual in a broader sense (like Militia)

this would undermine the 2nd amendment as I understand it and it is throwing the NRA under the bus and every

other gun carrying person also!  I am not sure why the administration is allowing this to take place but it is!

Call your representatives and let them know how you feel........or turn in your guns!

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=24582&keywords=heller

watch out!

The NRA Freedom magazine clearly states that this even if it goes our way, will not be that widespread as far as setting precedent.
the Supreme court agreed to decide three very distinct issues here to avoid a general finding regarding handgun ownership and self defense in the home.
More importantly, the San Francisco ban on handguns was ruled unconstitutional at the lower court level.  This is the second time in 20-30 years that SF has attempted this ban.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2008, 09:23:16 AM »

i've always wondered myself, cause i pack almost everywhere. how local laws can trump the state or federal regulations.
in SC you can do the same in posting signs on the door, but most that do are not in compliance with the signage. :nixweiss:

they just want us in the system, one way or another.

i recently by mail applied for a new hampshire cwp which reciprocates with my adjoining state cause i live close to a state line.

and i'm sure the criminals aren't worried bout the gun laws.

TN

I live in Mass and have had the NH for 20+ years.  As a matter of fact, the NH permit was plastic like a DL and Mass was this laminated paper POC that looked homemade.

In Texas, a shall issue state, those laws allowing a business to put up the sign, they will allow you to leave without prsecution if found to be carrying, in other words, you get a warning, not arrested unless you refuse to leave.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2008, 09:28:40 AM »

The issue is with the 'concealed carry permit'.....if you don't abide by the 'rules' under which it is issued, they will take it away and you will then be ineligible to 'legally' carry.  It's the ole 'privilage' deal......like a drivers license.  Not a 'right' as we all wish it were.  :-[ spyder

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2008, 12:25:58 PM »

In the People's Republic of Mass., you need a carry permit, but cannot carry openly under any circumstances.  It must be concealed.  The most ridiculous: we have CWP for high capacity firearms and non high capacity firearms.  BTW , Massholes redefined firearm to mean handgun.  In Mass, a rifle is not a firearm. Also, all the lifetime Firearms ID cards (for long guns) EXPIRED.

:beatdeadhorse:

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2008, 01:25:48 PM »

Someone mentioned militia. Ok try starting up a militia. The first thing that happens is you end up on a the terror watch list, hope you were not planning on taking any airplanes anytime soon, militia membership will get you on the no fly list for sure. There are no more militias, just homegrown terror cells the way these guys look at things these days.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2008, 10:08:06 PM »

interesting...mmm
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.449 seconds with 21 queries.