Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: Sluggish  (Read 39298 times)

REGGAB

Re: Sluggish
« Reply #165 on: November 30, 2008, 02:38:15 PM »

Fat, honkin' rod ends! 

REGGAB

« Reply #166 on: November 30, 2008, 02:39:46 PM »

Axtell jugs and slugs.  4 1/8 Bore.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #167 on: November 30, 2008, 02:58:10 PM »

Almost ready for the drill press

what exactley is the case being drilled for?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #168 on: November 30, 2008, 03:03:03 PM »

what exactley is the case being drilled for?

Neil - He is set up to bore the case to accept the cylinders....  The blue pieces are the fixturing that keeps the centerlines aligned and the black piece inside the blue fixturing is a boring tool...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #169 on: November 30, 2008, 03:13:55 PM »

kinda need that one lined up exact
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

REGGAB

« Reply #170 on: November 30, 2008, 03:29:50 PM »

Neil - He is set up to bore the case to accept the cylinders....  The blue pieces are the fixturing that keeps the centerlines aligned and the black piece inside the blue fixturing is a boring tool...

I got all squeamish and lightheaded when Rod got to this point, so I took my leave.................couldn't bear to watch...........even though the worst case scenario would mean a free set of brand new same serial numbered cases.........this was a bit more than I cared to know about...........sorta like a colonoscopy.   :nervous:

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #171 on: November 30, 2008, 03:33:18 PM »

I got all squeamish and lightheaded when Rod got to this point, so I took my leave.................couldn't bear to watch...........even though the worst case scenario would mean a free set of brand new same serial numbered cases.........this was a bit more than I cared to know about...........sorta like a colonoscopy.   :nervous:

But that is the fun part - the machining and assembly...

The ugly part involves all those wires and things.... 
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

REGGAB

« Reply #172 on: November 30, 2008, 03:42:25 PM »

But that is the fun part - the machining and assembly...

OK, so we're "wired" (pun intended) different, Scott.  The only thing I like about a machine shop is the smell.............sorta like burning race fuel..........it's addicting.  But the actual process........and watching it happen on MY stuff............ :puke:

For those who have been to Traxxion Dynamics and gotten the tour, you know the smell about which I write.  My employer has some AWESOME, HUGE mills and lathes......all automated.  Watching them do their thing........now THAT is cool.........but not on my cases.   :)

Wires are good.  I'll tear into a bundle without a second thought as long as I have a wiring diagram, tools........to include a meter........and parts.   :2vrolijk_21:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #173 on: November 30, 2008, 03:44:18 PM »

The voice of experience!

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #174 on: November 30, 2008, 03:47:41 PM »

OK, so we're "wired" (pun intended) different, Scott.  The only thing I like about a machine shop is the smell.............sorta like burning race fuel..........it's addicting.  But the actual process........and watching it happen on MY stuff............ :puke:

For those who have been to Traxxion Dynamics and gotten the tour, you know the smell about which I write.  My employer has some AWESOME, HUGE mills and lathes......all automated.  Watching them do their thing........now THAT is cool.........but not on my cases.   :)

Wires are good.  I'll tear into a bundle without a second thought as long as I have a wiring diagram, tools........to include a meter........and parts.   :2vrolijk_21:

Having just installed a set of Wild 1 575's - and having to disassemble and reassemble connectors to be able to pull wires thru the bars - I have had my fill of "wires and thngs wirey" for awhile!!   :vrolijk27:  Not my thing....  (maybe I need more fingers??)
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

REGGAB

« Reply #175 on: November 30, 2008, 03:55:27 PM »

Having just installed a set of Wild 1 575's - and having to disassemble and reassemble connectors to be able to pull wires thru the bars - I have had my fill of "wires and thngs wirey" for awhile!!   :vrolijk27:  Not my thing....  (maybe I need more fingers??)

:ROFLOL:  Wonderful sense of humor there, Scott.  Understand completely.  I remember doing that mod on my 02 Ultra............and have put it off on my SEUC not because of the wiring, but because of the other pain in the backside stuff..............Sorta like those "single use" screws someone put back in the FLHR's carb float bowl that I can't get out now, since they're all boogered up.  Would really like to know the main jet size........likely too little since it does decel pop...........replace it with one of appropriate size and replace those stock screws with steel hex head screws.............but that is a PITA for a later time.  Two papers to write next weekend, so it'll hafta wait.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #176 on: November 30, 2008, 05:31:18 PM »

Looking good Henry.  I watch parts of this last winter with my 117 build. It's not frightening until you own the parts!

JW

REGGAB

« Reply #177 on: November 30, 2008, 05:37:58 PM »

Looking good Henry.  I watch parts of this last winter with my 117 build. It's not frightening until you own the parts!

JW
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
WOW

Now I'm REALLY glad I wasn't there.  There's a ton of meat missing.  I saw the apex bolt that came with the Axtell jugs, but using it required drilling all the way through the right case half and securing with a nut on the left case half.  Would've been ugly, but could have been dressed up.  Rod is finishing my apex bolt like your's, so we can keep 12 pt SS hardware consistent throughout the engine and transmission.  Looks great.....so, how is your 117 doing?

REGGAB

« Reply #178 on: November 30, 2008, 05:40:06 PM »

JW

Just noticed how close the machined edge is to to oiler mounts.  Now I know what the cut outs on the jugs are for.   :)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #179 on: November 30, 2008, 06:11:39 PM »

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
WOW

Now I'm REALLY glad I wasn't there.  There's a ton of meat missing.  I saw the apex bolt that came with the Axtell jugs, but using it required drilling all the way through the right case half and securing with a nut on the left case half.  Would've been ugly, but could have been dressed up.  Rod is finishing my apex bolt like your's, so we can keep 12 pt SS hardware consistent throughout the engine and transmission.  Looks great.....so, how is your 117 doing?

Strong on the bottom but flattens out too quickly. Got over 12000 mile on this build with no runs, no leaks no errors  :)

Good luck with yours

JW
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Page created in 0.271 seconds with 21 queries.