Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Best Slip on pipes?????  (Read 7552 times)

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Best Slip on pipes?????
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2013, 07:15:07 AM »

The SuperTrapp FatShots with the Fullsac X-pipe and TTS Mastertune works well for me. I initially had the Fullsac 2" cores but wanted something slightly more quiet without losing the sound I wanted. The FatShots performed very well with the Fullsac map and there was no need to re-tune. The slotted wheel Trapp Caps were added to complete the setup.
I like those caps.  How do they sound and perform?  Do they tune like a closed or open cap?
The best you've had is the best you know.

jwalker793

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2013, 10:49:59 AM »

05Train,

The tune I'm using is a closed loop map from Steve at Fullsac. The SuperTrapp fatshots are tunable using discs (24) supplied with the mufflers. Fewer discs decreases exhaust opening, increases backpressure effectively decreasing the powerband to create more low end torque, increasing carburetion while decreasing the exhaust tone. More discs increases exhaust opening, decreases backpressure effectively widening the  powerband at the top end, and leans out carburetion while increasing the exhaust tone.

I use 10 discs in each muffler. Performance is very responsive, and IMHO slightly better then the Fullsac cores setup. I like the Fullsac cores but the pipes seemed to be getting louder over time. With the SuperTrapp setup, I still have a nice rumble but with the sound levels I desired to hear my sound system. The discs can be used to further adjust sound and power levels. 
124 137HP/147TQ

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2013, 11:03:31 AM »

05Train,

The tune I'm using is a closed loop map from Steve at Fullsac. The SuperTrapp fatshots are tunable using discs (24) supplied with the mufflers. Fewer discs decreases exhaust opening, increases backpressure effectively decreasing the powerband to create more low end torque, increasing carburetion while decreasing the exhaust tone. More discs increases exhaust opening, decreases backpressure effectively widening the  powerband at the top end, and leans out carburetion while increasing the exhaust tone.

I use 10 discs in each muffler. Performance is very responsive, and IMHO slightly better then the Fullsac cores setup. I like the Fullsac cores but the pipes seemed to be getting louder over time. With the SuperTrapp setup, I still have a nice rumble but with the sound levels I desired to hear my sound system. The discs can be used to further adjust sound and power levels. 
I'm running 14 discs and closed caps now.  I'm very happy with the sound and the power, but damn those caps look nice.  I like the look, but I don't want the bike any louder than it is.
The best you've had is the best you know.

jwalker793

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2013, 11:50:29 AM »

05Train,

You can retain any number of discs you want. I ordered my end caps from Summit Racing, part # 402-1020.
124 137HP/147TQ
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 20 queries.