Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Catalytic removal and crosstalk question  (Read 7707 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Catalytic removal and crosstalk question
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2011, 08:14:36 AM »

I've had a couple of bikes with the cats removed, and both were dyno tuned by the same guy. My sensors may or may not have that issue, but, I don't care. Bikes both run just fine, from idle to WOT. If there IS that issue with MY bikes, and you can prove it to me, I STILL would not change any settings. I LIKE the way they perform, and it works for ME.
The "real world" riding with some friends will tell the tale.
Ask yourself if your bone stock bike runs to your liking, or do you have the bucking, lurching, hard starting that some have experienced after some mods.
If your bike runs worse after pipes and a/c, you are moving backwards.
You asked for "real world" experiences? My lightly warmed over 2010 103 runs just fine, and will not exhibit any drama from idle to 129 mph. Starts good, runs good from below sea level to over 14,000 feet. I LIKE IT!
Crosstalk? Maybe, but I'm not going to look for it, or change it!
JMHO and my experience.
 8)

Pretty much sums it up for me, too. :2vrolijk_21:  I'm very happy with the way my bike runs at all speeds and all rpms.  Oh......and my dyno sheet with the cat removed from the head pipe....   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=44545.0      So what's the point of this conversation? :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2011, 08:31:08 AM »

Pretty much sums it up for me, too. :2vrolijk_21:  I'm very happy with the way my bike runs at all speeds and all rpms.  Oh......and my dyno sheet with the cat removed from the head pipe....   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=44545.0      So what's the point of this conversation? :nixweiss:

The OP asked:
"....has anyone actually experienced this phenomena personally?  I don't want "I heard of" or "Someone told me" stories please."

And, evidently some people have..........but, some have not.
I think the point of the conversation is just "conversation"!
JMHO of course, no disrespect to the OP.
 8)

HOGMIKE

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2011, 09:01:45 AM »

Trying to create hard and fast rules in a highly variable climate is tough.  But folks constantly try anyway, so we will always have those who take one or two instances of a particular problem and try to turn it into one of those hard and fast "they all do it" proclamations.  And of course in our highly commercialized world there will be those who try to take the premise one more step and convince large numbers of folks to spend money on their solution to this "problem".  I find this to be a big part of the Harley market, with more products of dubious value being introduced and hyped than for any other mainline product I can think of.  Sure, part of that is created by the many shortcomings of the products as designed and built by Harley, such that folks are eager to find something better.  But a large part of it is just preying on those who are easily influenced by others, like the motorcycle mags who print "evaluations or tests" that are basically written by the same folks who make the stuff and buy those full page ads in the same rag.  And of course there is that vast store of misinformation posted on all the various Harley related websites, where no one would ever post BS because all Harley riders are virtuous and honest to a fault. ???

Anyhow, for those who buy into the one size fits all theory, go right ahead and let an occasional case of crosstalk convince you that you have to buy someone else's pipes or someone else's tuning solutions or whatever else someone decides to sell.  The fact that most folks would never know the difference doesn't seem to matter to Harley people.  One guy claims to have "fixed" a problem on his bike by adding some whizbang device, so other's who have never experienced the problem run right out to buy that same device.  And of course after they do so they have to justify the expense in their minds, so they are quick to proclaim on sites like this one how great the results were.  The fact that they didn't have the problem to begin with tends to get glossed over.

What it comes down to is, if you feel the need to spend money on stuff you don't need, and that money isn't being taken from your child support payments or being stolen from someone else, do what you want.  That's what keeps our economy rolling along, lots of mindless spending.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2011, 09:13:13 AM »

Thanks Jerry.....you said it well.

But where does that leave the rest of us that never had the problem in the first place.   :huepfenlol2:

I've got to say.....this has been an entertaining and, at times, down right funny thread to read. ;D
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2011, 09:51:28 AM »

Thanks Jerry.....you said it well.

But where does that leave the rest of us that never had the problem in the first place.   :huepfenlol2:

I've got to say.....this has been an entertaining and, at times, down right funny thread to read. ;D

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Is this site 90% entertainment and 10% technical? Or is it the other way around??

8)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:53:39 AM by HOGMIKE »
HOGMIKE
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.