Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: What else do I need  (Read 4008 times)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: What else do I need
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 10:30:03 AM »

The software is now distributed by HD as a free download.

As usual, I find this out after I have already purchased it   :bigcry: :bigcry:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 06:11:53 PM »

As usual, I find this out after I have already purchased it   :bigcry: :bigcry:

Ain't that always the way it goes  :nixweiss:
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

old_dirt

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 01:43:38 PM »

There is no resident module left behind.  SEPST works the same as the TTS.  That is SUCH a crappy picture...  you SURE it is not a SEST?  Screaming Eagle Street Tuner?  ANyways, if it is a SEPST, yes you CAN use that right now to do a Stage 1 for your bike....  get rid of that Honda sound... LOL!

Now, I own a dyno.  And... I will not presently tune members bikes, as I have taken leave of tuning for the present time for personal reasons...   That being said.  There are a couple truths that should be clarified, I feel.  One is this... the TTS IS A WAY BETTER tuning device than the SESPT.  More tables, more control, and... the TTS doesn't change settings during uploads to the ECM.  Simply years ahead of the SESPT.  I DO like SESPT now has free software, tho.

That brings me to my second point, and this point is very important.  It IS all about who is doing your tuning.  I would rather have a good tune, like from Bob, with a SESPT, than a crappy tune with a TTS.  One should ALWAYS ask what tuning device the dyno guy likes to use... always.  Me?  I will do a SESPT, but WAY prefer a TTS.  I feel I can get a slightly better tune with the TTS.  One WILL do better on their preferred method most times.

It takes me about 8 hours to totally tune a bike with either device.  Work EVERY table.  There ARE other passionate tuners like me, too.  Those that take the time to work out all the kinks and have a return whenever you want policy to fix an issue.  There are tons of guys better at this than I am...  but there are a whole lot more guys way worse, way busy, way whatever to give a GOOD tune.  I wish I could tell you guys how find the GOOD tuners, but I can't.

Most dealers will do SEPST, because they HAVE to sell those.  That does NOT make them any better, and...  I find generally there are NOT many good dealer tuners.  There ARE exceptions like Gails HD, etc.  Remember, dealers HIRE tuners in or grow their own and training is?????  Mostly?  The real tuners that were hired in are long gone and some dude who THINKS he knows whats up...  doesn't.  These are the guys that half ass tune the front cylinder then copy paste the VEs to the rear, etc.

Most indy shops have purchased a dyno and need to make the payments.  There, one will have better luck in gaining a good tune. The dyno guy IS the owner and he either does the tunes himself or hires and trains the tuner directly. Then, there will be specialty tuning shops, these are indy shops that ONLY tune.  Most of the time, but NOT always, better tunes come from these shops than any others. These are the guys who come on here and argue, etc.  Actually... those are the guys that do the best tunes, as they are PASSIONATE about tuning.  ANy differences we see online...  any of these guys will give up a great tune most always.

I have found exceptions to each of these 'rules', but generally this should help most find good tuners.

Passion for tuning WILL show up in a conversation.

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2013, 03:29:47 PM »

There is no resident module left behind.  SEPST works the same as the TTS.  That is SUCH a crappy picture...  you SURE it is not a SEST?  Screaming Eagle Street Tuner?  ANyways, if it is a SEPST, yes you CAN use that right now to do a Stage 1 for your bike....  get rid of that Honda sound... LOL!

Now, I own a dyno.  And... I will not presently tune members bikes, as I have taken leave of tuning for the present time for personal reasons...   That being said.  There are a couple truths that should be clarified, I feel.  One is this... the TTS IS A WAY BETTER tuning device than the SESPT.  More tables, more control, and... the TTS doesn't change settings during uploads to the ECM.  Simply years ahead of the SESPT.  I DO like SESPT now has free software, tho.

That brings me to my second point, and this point is very important.  It IS all about who is doing your tuning.  I would rather have a good tune, like from Bob, with a SESPT, than a crappy tune with a TTS.  One should ALWAYS ask what tuning device the dyno guy likes to use... always.  Me?  I will do a SESPT, but WAY prefer a TTS.  I feel I can get a slightly better tune with the TTS.  One WILL do better on their preferred method most times.

It takes me about 8 hours to totally tune a bike with either device.  Work EVERY table.  There ARE other passionate tuners like me, too.  Those that take the time to work out all the kinks and have a return whenever you want policy to fix an issue.  There are tons of guys better at this than I am...  but there are a whole lot more guys way worse, way busy, way whatever to give a GOOD tune.  I wish I could tell you guys how find the GOOD tuners, but I can't.

Most dealers will do SEPST, because they HAVE to sell those.  That does NOT make them any better, and...  I find generally there are NOT many good dealer tuners.  There ARE exceptions like Gails HD, etc.  Remember, dealers HIRE tuners in or grow their own and training is?????  Mostly?  The real tuners that were hired in are long gone and some dude who THINKS he knows whats up...  doesn't.  These are the guys that half ass tune the front cylinder then copy paste the VEs to the rear, etc.

Most indy shops have purchased a dyno and need to make the payments.  There, one will have better luck in gaining a good tune. The dyno guy IS the owner and he either does the tunes himself or hires and trains the tuner directly. Then, there will be specialty tuning shops, these are indy shops that ONLY tune.  Most of the time, but NOT always, better tunes come from these shops than any others. These are the guys who come on here and argue, etc.  Actually... those are the guys that do the best tunes, as they are PASSIONATE about tuning.  ANy differences we see online...  any of these guys will give up a great tune most always.

I have found exceptions to each of these 'rules', but generally this should help most find good tuners.

Passion for tuning WILL show up in a conversation.
A whole lot of truth in this post.There are many passionate builders and tuners on here that freely give their advice night and day.For that I am very thankful.I have learned more here than I have in 10 years hanging around and having bikes worked on at the dealership!
T-MAN 117 kit
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.