Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Wouldn't believe it if didn't see it myself  (Read 8362 times)

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Wouldn't believe it if didn't see it myself
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2008, 12:32:20 PM »

"I've already seen that day in my house. It's not as bad as you'd think if you keep humble and just agree. JD has already caught on to "Yes Dear" and it insults her anymore. I started "hanging my head" a couple of years ago, and she's caught on to that too. Now-a-days I'm having to offer her in writing, "I was wrong". In 2009, I'm thinking I'll have to have it notorized. By 2010, I'm hoping she makes a mistake, and that'd buy me a couple of years."

Might make a nice tatoo.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2008, 02:45:29 PM »

Well, we're dealing with these POS engines. We had to endure your assualt on bad Paint Jobs. Deal with our misery like we dealt with yours! :P ::) ??? :o ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Not me. My paint and the rest of my bike has been great. Oh wait all of mine are 2004 & 2005's.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2008, 03:07:36 PM »

Totally agree there. The guy who spent his last cent just to purchase the bike.......Maybe shoulda bought a Jap bike.

Nah Ken...what's that saying?  "I'd rather push my Harley....." ::)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2008, 04:41:09 PM »

Man, this is turning into a great thread!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Not me. My paint and the rest of my bike has been great. Oh wait all of mine are 2004 & 2005's.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Not directed at you Mike, just a general statyement that there are many subjects here of little to no interest of some people. I'm just saying in general to all, deal with it here or don't read about it. But it's a real issue for those who do have to deal with this. Nothing personal man! :2vrolijk_21:

I asked Howie to do me a favor while there, please do not film that...

Are you kidding me or what? That would make a great commercial..... for Honda! ;D

Not until after we tour York next Friday.   I still think Don has set us up big time for this tour and there's not a chance in the MOCO letting us in.   Might have to use tape on Howie.   :)

I am sick that I will not be there.  Will someone please take a camera and video tape Howie?  I know he will not be able to resist showing the asemblers how they should be putting these engines togather.  I already feel sorry for the tour guide.  They have no idea the ambush that is waiting for them.   :huepfenlol2:

Why must you crush my dreams?  I don't care what you say.  In my mind I still see Howie running into the assembly area, and like those people who rush into seafood resturants to free the lobsters, he starts altering throttle bodies and exhausts to set these engines free.

What short memories we have. Buncha old CRS folks here I see. Might I remind ya'll that Don couldn't make it last year and I took care of this event at York. I interfaced very nicely with them too. I can bite my tongue when necessary. If you remember, I showed up on my FXWG last year because they couldn't get a ring gear and starter for my bike after the ring gear blew up. By the end of the tour, they couldn't work fast enough to pull one off the floor for me and get it to the dealer. It was there by the time I got back from York. Howie ain't as dumb as he looks! :o ??? ::) :P ;D ;)

And Binx is wearing a tshirt that says "I don't know the crazy person" with arrows pointing every possible direction :drink: .
She's had that shirt for years. As a matter of fact, I got it for her! :nixweiss: :nervous: :jalapeno: :jalapeno: :jalapeno:

With all that said, you guys will have to deal with reading about 110 issues until they're resolved, like the paint issues. I blazed the path I went down because I saw that HD movie before. Hated it the previous times. Was not interested in the sequel! Now dopey Howie's idea of FTF & FTW ain't so ridiculous anymore. We are all dealing with it the way we're most comfortable. There's no right or wrong way to deal with it. But just the fact that we have to, is insulting to me. The MoCo should have more respect for us than this. But it's strictly business to them, and it's all about the numbers, not the customer. The way of American Corporations today. And that's a God damned shame!!!

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2008, 05:35:43 PM »

Be Safe

THE DAWG

My 05 has been great too Mike.  Well... except for when I got it caught in my Zippers.  But that wasn't the bike's fault :huepfenlol2: .

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2008, 05:43:08 PM »

I've already seen that day in my house. It's not as bad as you'd think if you keep humble and just agree. JD has already caught on to "Yes Dear" and it insults her anymore. I started "hanging my head" a couple of years ago, and she's caught on to that too. Now-a-days I'm having to offer her in writing, "I was wrong". In 2009, I'm thinking I'll have to have it notorized. By 2010, I'm hoping she makes a mistake, and that'd buy me a couple of years.

Right on brother - right on. Down rite pitiful what's become of us.

(but damn we've got some fun toys)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2008, 06:00:14 PM »

Maybe you could build your own CVO like at Fuddruckers?   Do you think the gift shop will be selling slightly used cylinders?
Or how about next year's Christmas (I can say Christmas here, right) shopping premium:

A black framed glass shadow box with the evolution of the non leaking * head gasket yours with any purchase of $250.  *Assuming they find one by next Christmas.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2008, 06:02:15 PM »

Maybe you could build your own CVO like at Fuddruckers?   Do you think the gift shop will be selling slightly used cylinders?
Or how about next year's Christmas (I can say Christmas here, right) shopping premium:

A black framed glass shadow box with the evolution of the non leaking * head gasket yours with any purchase of $250.  *Assuming they find one by next Christmas.

Phil's been going to Jerry's School of Sarcasm and Cynacism I see! ::) ;D :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2008, 06:08:23 PM »

Phil's been going to Jerry's School of Sarcasm and Cynacism I see! ::) ;D :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

I am only as good as the material HD gives me.  Actually sarcasm is something I majored in at The School of Hard Knocks. Sarcasm 101 and Advanced Sarcasm.
 :coolblue:
Any day on the bike is a good day.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2008, 07:10:17 PM »

Just flipped to this section and noticed the current threads here.  With only a few exceptions it's still all (different) 110 issues.  More than a year in to production. 

Please don't take this wrongly. I feel for each and every one of you.  But I am so glad I don't have one of these engines in either of my bikes.

With modern standards it's almost unbelievable.  It's certainly inexcusable.  Sorry guys....

Oh, I see you are one of those who believes everything you read on the internet.  Any MOCO customer service rep or dealership Service/Sales/General Manager will confirm for you that the rantings of the internet looney's have greatly exaggerated the extent of the 110 issues.  And people like you only perpetuate the myths...  Shame on you...  :huepfenlol2:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2008, 08:22:02 PM »

Oh, I see you are one of those who believes everything you read on the internet.  Any MOCO customer service rep or dealership Service/Sales/General Manager will confirm for you that the rantings of the internet looney's have greatly exaggerated the extent of the 110 issues.  And people like you only perpetuate the myths...  Shame on you...  :huepfenlol2:

Scott, I'm not sure how to put this diplomatically or at all skillfully.  Always try to be careful with the wordcraft though.  Especially when dealing with the efforts of diligent professionals and the standards and ethics they bring to bear on our behalf.  So as cogently and with as much linguistic precision as I can possibly exercise let me say this:

Harley's service reps that spew this BS ride to work on the frakking short bus and are even more frakking addled from spending their day sniffing fumes in start up booth.  The only thing dumber then what they try to pass off on us is that they really believe we buy this crap when they say it.  Pinheaded swizzle sticks better suited to crossing guard duty across the Korean DMZ for the actual effectiveness of their efforts toward any more than spewing the company line.  Their affection for themselves and for their corporate deity reaks of a small shriveled thing holding something close to its breast wisftully saying "my pretty" and thinking we must see the shine of it too.  If only they knew we often look forward to vomit illness than we look forward to hearing the made up, nonsensical, sometimes even mechanically impossible explanations they expect us to believe.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2008, 08:30:16 PM »

Scott, I'm not sure how to put this diplomatically or at all skillfully.  Always try to be careful with the wordcraft though.  Especially when dealing with the efforts of diligent professionals and the standards and ethics they bring to bear on our behalf.  So as cogently and with as much linguistic precision as I can possibly exercise let me say this:

Harley's service reps that spew this BS ride to work on the frakking short bus and are even more frakking addled from spending their day sniffing fumes in start up booth.  The only thing dumber then what they try to pass off on us is that they really believe we buy this crap when they say it.  Pinheaded swizzle sticks better suited to crossing guard duty across the Korean DMZ for the actual effectiveness of their efforts toward any more than spewing the company line.  Their affection for themselves and for their corporate deity reaks of a small shriveled thing holding something close to its breast wisftully saying "my pretty" and thinking we must see the shine of it too.  If only they knew we often look forward to vomit illness than we look forward to hearing the made up, nonsensical, sometimes even mechanically impossible explanations they expect us to believe.

I can say all of the above, with fewer words: "Harley Service Reps are educated beyond their inteliigence"
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2008, 08:31:36 PM »

I can say all of the above, with fewer words: "Harley Service Reps are educated beyond their inteliigence"

I was translating all that to mean "they suck"! :o ;D

Hoist! 8)

owenja

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2008, 08:59:41 PM »

I took a tour of the Capitol Drive plant where they build a lot of the engines (not the 110") last month while in Milwaukee and they let us know that the plant where they do build them had stopped giving tours a while back and would not be giving tours in the immediate future. 

Do you suppose they have been getting blasted on quality or they are working on a liquid cooled motor???

Jim 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2008, 09:00:13 PM »

I was translating all that to mean "they suck"! :o ;D

Hoist! 8)

Well yeah, but I was trying to have more fun....   :huepfenlol2:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 21 queries.