Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Wouldn't believe it if didn't see it myself  (Read 8408 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Wouldn't believe it if didn't see it myself
« on: April 17, 2008, 12:28:21 AM »

Just flipped to this section and noticed the current threads here.  With only a few exceptions it's still all (different) 110 issues.  More than a year in to production. 

Please don't take this wrongly. I feel for each and every one of you.  But I am so glad I don't have one of thise engines in either of my bikes.

With modern standards it's almost unbelievable.  It's certainly inexcusable.  Sorry guys....

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Wouldn't believe it if didn't see it myself
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 06:27:18 AM »

Don I have to agree with you. It has gotten so bad on this board it is now getting boring to say the least. The threads are all the same. 110 porblems.

Man my 103 looks better and better everyday.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 06:52:48 AM »

Well, we're dealing with these POS engines. We had to endure your assualt on bad Paint Jobs. Deal with our misery like we dealt with yours! :P ::) ??? :o ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 07:42:43 AM »

Dawg, did you have paint problems?
Don't remember that!
Which bike?
This getting older is rough.
Seems to affect my memory.
But that's all!  ::)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 08:12:15 AM »

Just flipped to this section and noticed the current threads here.  With only a few exceptions it's still all (different) 110 issues.  More than a year in to production. 

Please don't take this wrongly. I feel for each and every one of you.  But I am so glad I don't have one of thise engines in either of my bikes.

With modern standards it's almost unbelievable.  It's certainly inexcusable.  Sorry guys....

Don that's one way of looking at it. I have no choice now but to look at it another way.

Yes, I'll spend a few bucks, but, I'll end up with a more reliable, stronger better engine when I'm finished. How many people end up spending $2,000 & up on their stock HD engine anyhow? I'd guess a fair number of people do. If you love the bike and plan to keep it, you do what you have to do. If I had it to do over again, I'd still buy this bike.

I don't disagree, it's pitiful HD puts us in this position. It is what it is. to fight them would take way more effort than I'd ever be willing to put into it.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 10:47:43 AM »

Well, we're dealing with these POS engines. We had to endure your assualt on bad Paint Jobs. Deal with our misery like we dealt with yours! :P ::) ??? :o ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Not an assault at all Howie.  Feel terrible for everyone dealing with these.  It's just rotten y'all have to do it.  And it's crazy both that Harley didn't have their act together to begin with or that after this much time they still don't.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 10:51:41 AM by Twolanerider »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 10:51:17 AM »

Don that's one way of looking at it. I have no choice now but to look at it another way.

Yes, I'll spend a few bucks, but, I'll end up with a more reliable, stronger better engine when I'm finished. How many people end up spending $2,000 & up on their stock HD engine anyhow? I'd guess a fair number of people do. If you love the bike and plan to keep it, you do what you have to do. If I had it to do over again, I'd still buy this bike.

I don't disagree, it's pitiful HD puts us in this position. It is what it is. to fight them would take way more effort than I'd ever be willing to put into it.

Couldn't agree more Ken.  Just keep on keeping on.  Make it what you need to.  And keep right on riding.

The one's that worry me most are cases like a buddy of mine whose not on the site here.  He scrimped and scraped and saved and had a pretty good row with his wife to get his Ultra instead of a lesser expensive standard model she thought they could afford.  It was a big deal in the family.  If his motor crapped out not only couldn't they afford to just make it right she'd be all over him for the "bad choice."  Damn things....

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 11:00:00 AM »

Couldn't agree more Ken.  Just keep on keeping on.  Make it what you need to.  And keep right on riding.

The one's that worry me most are cases like a buddy of mine whose not on the site here.  He scrimped and scraped and saved and had a pretty good row with his wife to get his Ultra instead of a lesser expensive standard model she thought they could afford.  It was a big deal in the family.  If his motor crapped out not only couldn't they afford to just make it right she'd be all over him for the "bad choice."  Damn things....

Totally agree there. The guy who spent his last cent just to purchase the bike.......Maybe shoulda bought a Jap bike.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 11:06:39 AM »

The moco world is kind of like politics - the lesser of evils.  Had a 103 and liked it fine, but had the cam chain tensioner problems and not as much grunt as I'd like.  My 110 with just D&Ds, RYO and sert dyno tune is unbelievably strong.  So spend the bucks to get the 103 like you want it or fix the 110.  Mox nix.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 11:08:17 AM »

I dread that day... "I told you not to buy that bike"
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 11:11:11 AM »

Hey Don - Instead of posting that here, should we e-mail that screen shot to H-D customer service?  Of course the reply would be, "You can't believe everything you read on the internet."

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 11:12:36 AM »

Hey Don - Instead of posting that here, should we e-mail that screen shot to H-D customer service?  Of course the reply would be, "You can't believe everything you read on the internet."
What I've heard from them is you can't believe "anything" on you read on the internet, lol.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 11:15:18 AM »

That's true Travis.  None of y'all are actually real here.  This whole place is a figment of my addled imagination.  In fact I'll show up at York next week and be all alone except for The Voices and my imaginary friends all their imaginary 110s.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 11:18:51 AM »

That's true Travis.  None of y'all are actually real here.  This whole place is a figment of my addled imagination.  In fact I'll show up at York next week and be all alone except for The Voices and my imaginary friends all their imaginary 110s.

The sad part is, you might be right.  You may end up being there alone next week.  What with all the 110's being in the shop.

I apologize, that wasn't funny.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 11:25:22 AM »

I dread that day... "I told you not to buy that bike"

I've already seen that day in my house. It's not as bad as you'd think if you keep humble and just agree. JD has already caught on to "Yes Dear" and it insults her anymore. I started "hanging my head" a couple of years ago, and she's caught on to that too. Now-a-days I'm having to offer her in writing, "I was wrong". In 2009, I'm thinking I'll have to have it notorized. By 2010, I'm hoping she makes a mistake, and that'd buy me a couple of years.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 24 queries.