Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "06 leather tour pak, what's it worth  (Read 6451 times)

hacksaw

• Senior CVO Member
"06 leather tour pak, what's it worth
« on: June 25, 2012, 01:47:04 PM »

I'm going to sell my '06 leather tour pak with the quick detach kit (complete kit with chrome magnetic covers), anybody know a good asking price.  I'm probably going to go ahead and sell the stock heated seat also, any ideas on price?  BTW- everything is in perfect condition.
2006 UltraClassic Screaming Eagle, SERT, Rineharts, Coastal Moto wheels, raked and stretched, chrome and more chrome

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Re: "06 leather tour pak, what's it worth
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 04:01:41 PM »

Much depends on the condition of your tour pack now. 

New, they're selling retail for around $1,500-1,600. 
http://www.stormyhillharley.com/Harley-Davidson-PREMIUM-LEATHER-TOUR-PAK-LUGGAGE-detail.htm?productId=10416259

Just a SWAG, but I'd be putting mine on the market for around 6 or 700 if selling today.  (I've thought about selling mine since last August when I picked this bike up.  I would like the King Tour Pack for the extra two helmet storage space.)  The quick release kit should be a little extra or you could throw that in for incentive.   

Good luck selling! I've come to like mine for the unique look, but would prefer more lighting up on the tour pack.  So most likely, mine will also go on the block for replacement in the next year or so. 
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 04:25:36 PM »

I'm going to sell my '06 leather tour pak with the quick detach kit (complete kit with chrome magnetic covers), anybody know a good asking price.  I'm probably going to go ahead and sell the stock heated seat also, any ideas on price?  BTW- everything is in perfect condition.
Believe it or not, I sold mine last year with a leather wrapped spoiler on it and no speakers for $1,680.00 it was in perfect condition.  I guess it is whatever someone is willing to give for it.  I woulld think if the speakers are inclluded you could get well over $1,000.00 to the right person, especiallly with the quick change mount, providing it is in super condition.

Good Luck
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

hacksaw

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 10:17:57 AM »

Thanks, mine is in near perfect condition with the speakers and arm rests.  I've changed the whole look of the bike and will not be putting it back on, so I guess it's time to start listing this stuff for a little pocket money.
2006 UltraClassic Screaming Eagle, SERT, Rineharts, Coastal Moto wheels, raked and stretched, chrome and more chrome

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 10:50:12 AM »

Believe it or not, I sold mine last year with a leather wrapped spoiler on it and no speakers for $1,680.00 it was in perfect condition.  I guess it is whatever someone is willing to give for it.  I woulld think if the speakers are inclluded you could get well over $1,000.00 to the right person, especiallly with the quick change mount, providing it is in super condition.

Good Luck

Leather wrapped spoiler?  What's that??  Hate to hijack, but can you elaborate? Do you have pics?

Thanks!
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 11:29:49 AM »

Back in '07, I Ebayed my seat for $500.  I would not give that for it, but I would bet that if you started the bidding at $350, that would not be a problem.  I would think you can get $1000 for the TP.

More light on the back of the TP...Have you installed the Custom Dynamics strip we all did back then?  Easy to do, and really adds some light back there.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 01:10:18 PM »

I'm going to sell my '06 leather tour pak with the quick detach kit (complete kit with chrome magnetic covers), anybody know a good asking price.  I'm probably going to go ahead and sell the stock heated seat also, any ideas on price?  BTW- everything is in perfect condition.
I just bought one used, but like new (never used) for $1,200.00, including shipping.  Included backrest, speakers (that I won't use) and QD hardware too.  Previous to that I saw one on ebay that looked "well" used and it sold for $1,300.00 without speakers.  So, depending on condition I would think you could easily get $1,000 to $1,300.00 plus for it.  Be warned though; these leather TP's are heavy.  Shipping weight on it was 56 lbs. Surprised me how heavy it is. I don't know what a king TP weighs though.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 03:02:03 PM by SCRM-R »
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 01:13:14 PM »

I sold my original heated seat off my 06 for $350 on ebay, it was in my mind a throw away.  I aslo sold the original leather TP when I put the King TP on, again on ebay, no rack, no speakers for $900, but back rest was included.  This was all 3 years ago.
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 01:21:08 PM »

Leather wrapped spoiler?  What's that??  Hate to hijack, but can you elaborate? Do you have pics?

Thanks!
mrmagloo, check it out on this link. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=46637.0
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 03:50:52 PM »

2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 02:47:31 PM »

I just bought one used, but like new (never used) for $1,200.00, including shipping.  Included backrest, speakers (that I won't use) and QD hardware too.  Previous to that I saw one on ebay that looked "well" used and it sold for $1,300.00 without speakers.  So, depending on condition I would think you could easily get $1,000 to $1,300.00 plus for it.  Be warned though; these leather TP's are heavy.  Shipping weight on it was 56 lbs. Surprised me how heavy it is. I don't know what a king TP weighs though.

Wow!  I had no idea they would sell for that much.  I'll have to put mine up for auction and see what it will bring.  I'm eager to get the King on mine.  Thanks for the information. 
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.