CVO Technical > Drive Train

Stop and go traffic 300* oil temp no clutch!

<< < (2/3) > >>

longlast:
Pick yourself up some 1" heat rap and rap the part of the hydraulic line where it's connected to the fram and runs down under the engine belly and near the exhaust that will cure the fluid from boiling.
Had the same problem with mine once I rapped the line with the heat rap haven't had a problem since.

TN:
Some corrugated split wire loom works pretty good for this application, just throwing out some options.

CVODON:
DEI makes some excellent heat insulating products. They have some that would work great on clutch line. Comes in shiny colors as well as black and different lengths.
Call them and they will tell you which product for your application.

chaos901:
Like previous, change the fluid. 

Rimjam:
Excuse me for being dumb but I don't understand the mechanics of what's going on here.  The brake fluid is apparently boiling from exhaust heat releasing oxygen (air) from the fluid & creating 'bubbles' in the line?  Where's the fluid going that's displaced by the bubbles, into the master cylinder?  I do understand that air bubbles then compress when lever pressure is applied & cause the system to fail but how is the system restored when the fluid cools down?  Is the oxygen (air) reabsorbed into the fluid?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version