Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: What mods at dealer should I have done on 09 roadglide cvo  (Read 8209 times)

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
Re: What mods at dealer should I have done on 09 roadglide cvo
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008, 11:38:17 AM »

Are the recommended leg fairings just the regular vivid black???  That what appears to be the offer in the catalog??

Also I wonder if there are any graphics on the tour pack???  or is it just solid color???

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 11:51:08 PM »

I picked up my SERG last week and it was totally stock. I've decided to ride it and enjoy it until it's too cold to ride any longer. I really want to change the windscreen and pipes for certain. I'm going to do some research over the winter and make the changes in the spring. I hope to keep this bike for a while so there in no rush to decide now.

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 07:21:59 AM »

Are the recommended leg fairings just the regular vivid black???  That what appears to be the offer in the catalog??

moco is color matching the lower fairings with the bottom color of the scheme.  On the Electric Orange/Vivid Black combo the lowers to choose are the vivid black.  The one bit of good news on that is they are $200 less expensive than the other bikes that have custom CVO colors.  They may be a bit easier to get as well. 

Also I wonder if there are any graphics on the tour pack???  or is it just solid color???

I have had the Orange tour pack on order since I took delivery of the bike.  I will upload a photo when I get it -- if I ever get it!  This tread has some pictures of the silver SERG with the tour pack.  It is a solid color, so I assume the Orange is a solid color as well:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=27324.0

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 08:19:46 AM »

I took delivery on my SERG during an Open House event scheduled at the dealer. With the sale of the bike there was a 10% discount on any accessories I bought on the day of that sale. As it was an open house sales event I got another promotional 10% off. Nice 20% sale.

You will want a taller shield ASAP. Depending on your height (shield 14-16"). The dealer could fit you with one.

You will also want highway pegs, the rider floor boards are not far enough forward for me to be comfortable on longer rides. Just a personal thing....
The passanger pegs look cool up there, but you will need the mounts. That leaves the rear passager pegs vacant, I believe the swept floorboards look cool back there (I like the Rumble collection). Mike D has done some of this peg and floorboard work already, looks real nice. The parts are in prior threads.
I would shoot for a discount on all this stuff at time of sale as the total will run up near $1000.

These are fixed devices that will not compromise reliability down the road. Just my two cents...
The impossible just takes a little longer

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 12:46:25 AM »

When I bought my last bike the dealer(H/D of Edmonton) gave me a one time 10% discount. That seemed to be the way the other dealers in the area operated. They have all done away with that and now offer a "Rewards Program". After you have to spend $250 you then qualify for a 10% discount off all purchases after that. That could add up to big $$$. Do any other dealers offer this program?

MikeD

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 06:30:20 AM »

When I bought my last bike the dealer(H/D of Edmonton) gave me a one time 10% discount. That seemed to be the way the other dealers in the area operated. They have all done away with that and now offer a "Rewards Program". After you have to spend $250 you then qualify for a 10% discount off all purchases after that. That could add up to big $$$. Do any other dealers offer this program?

Bribe, there is someone on here that can get you 20%.  I can get you 15% in GA if you'd like, but then there is the shipping.  Most places that I have heard of will give you 20% at the time of sale.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 12:34:36 PM »

Hey guys, here's 2 more cents.  There are various dealerships here in the States that offer 20% off for on line orders.  You simply need the part number.  I have dealt w/ Chicago HD for years on this basis.   I don't know if they will ship to Canada.  If you're not in Illinois, there's no sales tax which makes up for any shipping. 

Interestingly, when I was in the downtown Chicago dealership last weekend to get a sweat shirt for the boss (girlfriend), I mentioned the 20% off on line to the cashier and was given 20% off.  Not bad.  With the economy the way it is, everything is negotiable.  Try asking your dealer for 20%. 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 01:54:08 PM »

Hey guys, here's 2 more cents.  There are various dealerships here in the States that offer 20% off for on line orders.  You simply need the part number.  I have dealt w/ Chicago HD for years on this basis.   I don't know if they will ship to Canada.  If you're not in Illinois, there's no sales tax which makes up for any shipping. 

Interestingly, when I was in the downtown Chicago dealership last weekend to get a sweat shirt for the boss (girlfriend), I mentioned the 20% off on line to the cashier and was given 20% off.  Not bad.  With the economy the way it is, everything is negotiable.  Try asking your dealer for 20%. 

Living in Chicago I go to Chicago HD all of the time.  They give me the 20% every time no questions asked.  I don't order form them because I get hit with the sales tax and shipping.  If I need parts shipped to me I use Zanott (http://zanottimotor.com).  They are 20% or more off of list and shipping is reasonably priced. 

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 08:12:01 PM »

All Right, with all these savings options, "We can get more STUFF"     :orange:
The impossible just takes a little longer

MikeD

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008, 08:14:08 PM »

All Right, with all these savings options, "We can get more STUFF"     :orange:

Sure, just sign here... :deal2:

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 09:21:44 PM »

Anyone seen a 25% discount???

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 09:24:30 PM »

Anyone seen a 25% discount???

only on my bike

:znothingfunny:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 09:42:15 PM »

only on my bike

:znothingfunny:

Really I am impressed

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 09:47:51 PM »

Really I am impressed

If only it was true!

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.