Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FLHRSE3 Razor red Paint Job  (Read 3927 times)

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
FLHRSE3 Razor red Paint Job
« on: February 11, 2008, 12:23:16 PM »

Has anyone manged to source some Razor Red and Burnt Gold Leaf.  I have some faring which need's painting.

ad2

• Full CVO Member
Re: FLHRSE3 Razor red Paint Job
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 01:48:54 PM »

I think you're going to have to go to the experts. They have figured out the mixture and how to match the paint perfectly. Gene does a great job.
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 01:51:54 PM »

I wonder if he'd share his formula with a painter in England?
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 11:33:58 AM »

I think you're going to have to go to the experts. They have figured out the mixture and how to match the paint perfectly. Gene does a great job.

That is an amazing job - who did you deal with, can I get their details from you please

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 11:35:39 AM »

Where did you get the hard bags - are they a harley product and are they in the catalogue

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 11:36:21 AM »

I wonder if he'd share his formula with a painter in England?
Are you a painter then? :orange:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 12:30:34 PM »

Are you a painter then? :orange:

Try this link smiler. All the info is here. ;)

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12109.0

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

owenja

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 09:52:23 PM »

Hopefully I will be posting some pics of the RR, fairing, hard bags and tour pack this weekend.  I just received all the parts from Pam & Gene today and hopefully will have time to put everything together this weekend!

Jim

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 09:57:24 PM »

Hopefully I will be posting some pics of the RR, fairing, hard bags and tour pack this weekend.  I just received all the parts from Pam & Gene today and hopefully will have time to put everything together this weekend!

Jim

That's great Jim! Can't wait to see the finished job!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 09:14:16 AM »

Bought the bags off Ebay. They came from a 2003 RK. Would have bought the newer ones, but these came with locks and keys and were in perfect shape, so...

Gene Nielsen - paint by gene - seems to be who most of us are using. Talk to Pam, she's great.

Jim, when you splice in the fairing wiring to your ignition switch the instructions tell you to test the wires for the right "live" wire when the switch is turned on. I was tired, it was late and I didn't have a tester, so I spliced into the wire as shown in the photo and sure enough - it was the right one! Just remember that you have the dash panel turned over, so you're looking at it backwards.

Hoist has told us about adjusting the bag brackets for the hard bags. It was simple, but much easier having someone hold the bag in place while you adjust the bracket.

It probably took me 2 hours to set it all up right and I'm a mechanical idiot, so most of you can probably do it in half an hour.
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.