Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Wife unhappy with seat  (Read 10157 times)

lowriderlou

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
Re: Wife unhappy with seat
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 02:13:35 PM »

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2012, 02:44:58 PM »

Newbe here. Just traded in our 08 ultra on a 2012 CVO ultra, love the bike only one problem, wife hates the seat, with the lumbar in the backrest cushion she is to far forward, I have read about the tour pack reallocator kit as one option, has anyone done anything such as another style backrest cushion ? I cannot believe Harley put this style in production on a CVO any suggestions ?

She can always learn to ride and get her own bike-jsut sayin.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

Alremc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2012, 11:55:18 AM »

I have a '12 FLHTCUSE7 - was there a problem with the Boom Audio speakers?  I wanted to make sure before I ordered the relocator by Kuryakyn.

Just Scootin, I just finished the install of George Anderson's re-location plate and I don't have any issues with the speakers. You should consider George's plate as I found it to be cheaper in cost than the Kuryakyn and the quality of it is superb!

Cheers, Frank
Frank
2012 CVO Ultra Classic
Fullsac X-Pipe
Rhineharts 4 in Cans in black
TTS MasterTune

Alremc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2012, 01:00:50 AM »

Finally got some miles on the bike with the relocated tour pac and my BSR is extremely happy with the new set up. She used to slide forward and she had to set the lumbar to it's lowerest setting so she wouldn't crowd me. With the box relocated, she sits further and has plenty of room to move around and the angle of her knees is also friendlier to her as she was not hurting after the long run. My BSR is a good physical shape and excersises regularly, so when we first got the new ride, it was disappointing that she was experiencing pain after rides. Not any more!!!  :bananarock:
Frank
2012 CVO Ultra Classic
Fullsac X-Pipe
Rhineharts 4 in Cans in black
TTS MasterTune

hdff

• Iron Butt #54101
  • Full CVO Member
  • Ride hard or go home.........

• CVO1: 2012 flhtcuse7
    • CVO2: 1992 FXSTC
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2012, 12:30:25 PM »

i just got off the phone with george and damn what a nice guy, my tp relocator ships monday...   i can already see my bsr's reaction on the 1st reid :carrot:
:fireman::fireman:
2012 FLHTCUSE7  "Flossie"

pistol pete

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2012, 08:47:15 PM »

2011 CVO street glide and seat for driver is fine but passenger sucks. Bought a Ultra Classic seat on eBay and just switch it out when taking the wife. takes only a few minutes and she is happy and we all know that when the old lady is happy.........

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: 2012 GMC Denali Duramax HD
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2012, 09:03:23 PM »

I have a KTP ordered for my 2012 SESG....I had George's plate on my 2010 SEUC that I sold.  I'm wondering now if the plate is necessary on the SESG?  I'm hoping to go with the same backrest on the TP, but haven't ordered that yet (I figured there was plenty of time since the painted TP from MOCO could be a while)

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2012, 10:28:27 AM »

George is the "Da Man". His relocator is nice.  DLD--welcome to the site. Lots of info here, some of it is even good!
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

MNTransplant

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF Veteran (12 Years), originally from Kansas

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2012, 12:18:01 PM »

Check to see if the lumbar is set to the very bottom. We had the same issue and finally figured out that there was one more spot to lower it but that it was very hard to get the dial to go into that spot while the others were easy. That combined with a kury tp adjustable relocator worked perfect.

I thought the Kuryakin Adjustable Re-locater wouldn't work on the CVO's, do you NOT have the amp mounted under the tourpak???
Doug
MNTransplant

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2012, 12:31:17 PM »

I thought the Kuryakin Adjustable Re-locater wouldn't work on the CVO's, do you NOT have the amp mounted under the tourpak???
Doug

He has an SG, not a UC...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2012, 07:26:39 PM »

I have a '11 RG ultra and while the book says it won't fit the sales guy at kury said it would and it does. The clamp on the right side comes very close to the connector, but slides by with about a 32nd inch to spare.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2012, 11:50:17 AM »

Was looking for info to pass along to the fellow looking for George Anderson's relocator plate. Sounds promising and looking forward to getting mine mounted. But what did catch my eye in this thread is the Vibe rider thingy. Has anyone tried to mount that to a heated seat? Not sure what the element pattern looks like and is the cover stapled on or riveted? More than likely stapled I'm thinking. Several have mentioned that if Mama ain't happy...no one is happy.  ;D
Sounds to me like this would bring the smile from start to finish...of the ride I mean.  ;D :2vrolijk_21:
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004SE E-Glide Org/Blk
    • CVO2: I Wish
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2012, 03:14:33 PM »

springer_07

• CVO1: 2007 HD Springer Softail CVO
    • CVO2: 2014 HD Softail Deluxe CVO
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2012, 06:26:34 PM »

Ha my wife said she'd change bikes with her in a second and she can ride on the pee pad on my springer softail!
Michael Hills
 Jackson, Tn
 Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association 18-4
 Chapter Commander
 USN Retired 1985-2005
 Patriot Guard 2009
 Iron Butt Association #47530
 2007 GW Comfort, Premium Audio
 2007 HD Softail Springer CVO
 2014 HD Softail Deluxe CVO (wife)

Laconia

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2012, 09:37:07 PM »

Contact George Anderson...he is old school, so does not have a website, only a phone number.

Home: 309-762-6291
Cell: 309-236-0952

He makes a really nicely machined plate that has holes to move the TP back 1", 1.5", or 2.5".  Nicely made part, powdercoated black so it's invisible, and takes about 20 minutes to install.  Works like a charm.  1" back was just right for my BSR...it puts it back where it ought to be from the factory. My BSR is 5'3" and 125lbs, so 1" back was perfect.  Depending on the size of your BSR, you may have to go back further.

George is a GREAT guy...he will ship you the part before you even mail him the check (no PayPal or Credit Cards)...THAT's the kind of man he is.  A BUNCH of people here have his TP relocater on their bike.

Remove the TP liner and make sure they've got the TP in the most rearward holes...there are two sets of holes, and the bikes come shipped with them in the most forward position (used to, anyway) and sometimes the dealer "forgets" to move it back.  You're probably going to need George's product though...the Lumbar support takes up at least an inch of room, but is nice for the BSR's back when all is right.

2nd on George - wife not happy with seating with the Lumbar, got relocator from George, only had to move it back to first spot, unit is a top quality piece - great guy to do business with.......
2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 25 queries.