Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: HOG MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS SHRINKING EVERY YEAR  (Read 8554 times)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Re: HOG MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS SHRINKING EVERY YEAR
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2011, 04:13:09 PM »

What if in the quest for higher profits Harley decides to assassinate all of us life members?  We get what we paid for just a shorter time to use it.   :nervous:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2011, 04:25:58 PM »

What if in the quest for higher profits Harley decides to assassinate all of us life members?  We get what we paid for just a shorter time to use it.   :nervous:

assassinate

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2011, 04:54:45 PM »

How!?!?  HOW!!!???  It wouldn't be something gross like Harley hires Rosie O'Donnell and Roseanne to three-way us to death;  would it!?!?   :o

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2011, 05:36:53 PM »

How could you bring up those two uh women?  Especially during the Holidays!   

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2011, 06:22:44 PM »

How!?!?  HOW!!!???  It wouldn't be something gross like Harley hires Rosie O'Donnell and Roseanne to three-way us to death;  would it!?!?   :o

I've been ruined...:)

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2011, 10:34:36 PM »

Huh.  There is no current danger in the MoCo attempting to assasinate Life Members, in part due to necrophilia laws that are on the books in most states. 

A Rosie/Rosanne 3 way is too disturbing to contemplate or comment further upon....except.....if there are videos figure somebody somewhere will post them.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2011, 12:48:52 AM »

Huh.  There is no current danger in the MoCo attempting to assasinate Life Members, in part due to necrophilia laws that are on the books in most states. 

A Rosie/Rosanne 3 way is too disturbing to contemplate or comment further upon....except.....if there are videos figure somebody somewhere will post them.

I vote to ban the person that does...:)

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2011, 08:30:33 AM »

And the first person that does is admittedly madly in love with her  :'(

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2011, 09:45:45 AM »

Ban is also a well known brand of anti-persperent, but not as permanent. ;D

Up until this point, this thread has had the decorum (it slid rapidly but maintained a tiny bit of it) to refrain from making gratuitous references to the rosie/roseanne presence in a thread about HOGS.  Alas, that tiny fraction that remained has now slid over the edge.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 09:48:04 AM by iski »

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2011, 09:48:54 AM »

Some posters are getting the local HOG Club mixed up with the National HOG membership.

If you just belong to your local HOG you couldn't go to or receive the "Benny's" of the National HOG.

As some pointed out, with the national HOG membership if you happen to not want to join the local club you could do the regional and national events. You were also entitled to the special discounts, free towing to a Harley dealer and of course the magazines, pins, rocker patches, new id card--etc.

Lifers are stuck since their money is already spent but Going forward, new and renewing members will have the choice NOT to renew if there is diminished or no perceived membership value. I am positive the membership price will continue to increase over time.

I continue to be perplexed as to why Harley fails to realize that the life members are a very important segment of their customer base and should be treated as such.

Like many "Lifers", I have been a Life Member for many years. In my case it's over 22 years now. I have bought a small fortune in NEW Harleys--28 to date. I have hung with the Motor Company through several down trends as well as the up trends. IMHO it's called brand loyalty and should be marketed to and valued as a sigificant asset.

Unfortunately I see no evidence that our long term business relationship has any more value to HD than the first time buyer who may be gone in a year.  

"It Is What It Is"

Jerry

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 12:56:28 PM by CVOStreetglide »

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2011, 11:03:58 AM »

Was Rosie brought into this scenario in case the lifer was a woman?  I am pretty sure the guys are safe around her.  :oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2011, 03:35:18 PM »

RIP...DON

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2011, 04:34:31 PM »

slid over the edge.

That could happen with either Rosie or Roseanne ??? .   Just sayin'.......

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2011, 06:42:39 PM »

That could happen with either Rosie or Roseanne ??? .   Just sayin'.......

True.

Somehow, this thread manages to endeavor to persevere to find new lows.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2011, 08:21:05 PM »

Some posters are getting the local HOG Club mixed up with the National HOG membership.

If you just belong to your local HOG you couldn't go to or receive the "Benny's" of the National HOG.

As some pointed out, with the national HOG membership if you happen to not want to join the local club you could do the regional and national events. You were also entitled to the special discounts, free towing to a Harley dealer and of course the magazines, pins, rocker patches, new id card--etc.

Lifers are stuck since their money is already spent but Going forward, new and renewing members will have the choice NOT to renew if there is diminished or no perceived membership value. I am positive the membership price will continue to increase over time.

I continue to be perplexed as to why Harley fails to realize that the life members are a very important segment of their customer base and should be treated as such.

Like many "Lifers", I have been a Life Member for many years. In my case it's over 22 years now. I have bought a small fortune in NEW Harleys--28 to date. I have hung with the Motor Company through several down trends as well as the up trends. IMHO it's called brand loyalty and should be marketed to and valued as a sigificant asset.

Unfortunately I see no evidence that our long term business relationship has any more value to HD than the first time buyer who may be gone in a year.  

"It Is What It Is"

Jerry

Jerry.. just pointing out that one must ba a national HOG to join a local chapter.. not the other way around... expiration of national also cancels local membership.

Like I said.. youre talking about a social goup..  and not everyone gets along in a social group for whatever reason

If they stay true to the "ride and have fun" mantra.. it can be... but some of us have different views of what fun is.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 21 queries.