Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: V&H Power Duals vs Bub7 Stealth mufflers  (Read 13386 times)

zzeke

V&H Power Duals vs Bub7 Stealth mufflers
« on: December 16, 2009, 04:56:01 PM »

I've got a 2010 CVO Ultra coming in January and I'm trying to figure out which muffler to go with.  I'm looking at the Vance & Hines Power Duals w/Monster oval slip ons verus the Bub 7 True Dual w/Stealth muffler systems.  I've got V&H true duals on my 2008 Road Glide and I'm happy with them, both performance and sound.  For the new bike I want to balance performance with sound and heat management.  I ride about 15,000 miles a year and with each of my last 3 bikes I have been moving toward a quieter system.  I haven't heard either of these systems and wonder if the V&H system is comparable in noise level to what I have now, and if the Bub7 system will be quieter.  Has anyone got these on their 2010 now and are you happy?

redrodo

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Limited
Re: V&H Power Duals vs Bub7 Stealth mufflers
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 05:07:20 PM »

I have the V & H Power Duals with V & H Basic Slip Ons. Like the looks and performance but quit they are not. They're not obnoxious but are on the loud side when accelerating.

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 06:54:27 PM »

I've got a 2010 CVO Ultra coming in January and I'm trying to figure out which muffler to go with.  I'm looking at the Vance & Hines Power Duals w/Monster oval slip ons verus the Bub 7 True Dual w/Stealth muffler systems.  I've got V&H true duals on my 2008 Road Glide and I'm happy with them, both performance and sound.  For the new bike I want to balance performance with sound and heat management.  I ride about 15,000 miles a year and with each of my last 3 bikes I have been moving toward a quieter system.  I haven't heard either of these systems and wonder if the V&H system is comparable in noise level to what I have now, and if the Bub7 system will be quieter.  Has anyone got these on their 2010 now and are you happy?

Given your criteria of a balance between Performance, Sound and Heat Management. You might consider the D&D Fat Cat. I'm confident that neither of the options you're looking at can match the performance of the Fat Cat. As far as sound goes they have 3 options and it sounds like their quiet baffle might be what your looking for. Lastly heat management is less to do with the exhaust and more with the efi tuning. Heat management can be addressed with almost any exhaust (other than stock which includes a catalytic converter).

If you have to have a dual exhaust look you can go the route of a ghost pipe as I did on my 2010 SE Ultra.

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 06:56:59 PM »

Here's a pic from the rear

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 08:04:35 PM »

Given your criteria of a balance between Performance, Sound and Heat Management. You might consider the D&D Fat Cat. I'm confident that neither of the options you're looking at can match the performance of the Fat Cat. As far as sound goes they have 3 options and it sounds like their quiet baffle might be what your looking for. Lastly heat management is less to do with the exhaust and more with the efi tuning. Heat management can be addressed with almost any exhaust (other than stock which includes a catalytic converter).

If you have to have a dual exhaust look you can go the route of a ghost pipe as I did on my 2010 SE Ultra.

Don't be too sure you can't get the same performance from the BUB 7 True Duals. I changed from the Fat Cats to the BUB's with no loss. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=42383.msg646304#msg646304 But I am only talking about on my motor.

Zzeke, go with the system / sound you like. Unless your planning on racing, it all about the ride and sound.

JW

Scotty

• Full CVO Member
  • Scotty's Road Glide
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 08:30:43 PM »

I've got a 2010 CVO Ultra coming in January and I'm trying to figure out which muffler to go with.  I'm looking at the Vance & Hines Power Duals w/Monster oval slip ons verus the Bub 7 True Dual w/Stealth muffler systems.  I've got V&H true duals on my 2008 Road Glide and I'm happy with them, both performance and sound.  For the new bike I want to balance performance with sound and heat management.  I ride about 15,000 miles a year and with each of my last 3 bikes I have been moving toward a quieter system.  I haven't heard either of these systems and wonder if the V&H system is comparable in noise level to what I have now, and if the Bub7 system will be quieter.  Has anyone got these on their 2010 now and are you happy?

My riding partner has a 09 SE Ultra with V&H power duals and Monster Ovals slip ons. They sound great/not to loud but
has a nice deep rumble when you want it. I have a 09 SE Roadglide with V&H power duals and Fullsac 2.0 baffles and
our bikes are pretty close in sound with maybe the Monster Ovals one touch deeper tone. We traveled about 7,000
miles together this year and we love our music, etc. and neither one of us think our bikes are to loud. My friend says
he would have got the Fullsac 2.0 baffles if they had been available (I think they are now) for half the price of the
monster Ovals. Just do a web search for Fullsac Performance and read about their baffles.

Good Luck
Scotty in Seattle
09 SERG
Andrews 54 Cams
SE Heavy Breather
V&H Power Duals
Fullsac 2.0 Baffles
Heads by "Freds Heads"
SE Pro Super Tuner

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 08:45:14 PM »

My riding partner has a 09 SE Ultra with V&H power duals and Monster Ovals slip ons. They sound great/not to loud but
has a nice deep rumble when you want it. I have a 09 SE Roadglide with V&H power duals and Fullsac 2.0 baffles and
our bikes are pretty close in sound with maybe the Monster Ovals one touch deeper tone. We traveled about 7,000
miles together this year and we love our music, etc. and neither one of us think our bikes are to loud. My friend says
he would have got the Fullsac 2.0 baffles if they had been available (I think they are now) for half the price of the
monster Ovals. Just do a web search for Fullsac Performance and read about their baffles.

Good Luck
Scotty in Seattle

Ah, but the Monster Ovals look SO good  :cherry:

Problem I have with them is weight - they are heavy.

I have a set of Monster Ovals, and a set of Bub 7s that I took off my 08 FLHTCU - no I didn't have both on at the same time.  I switched from the Bub 7s
because they were a "bit" too loud for me, great sound tho.  The MOs took a few miles to break in, but look and sound great.  Got many compliments.
Plan on selling the 7s, doing the Fullsac mod to the header pipe, Heavy Breather, and TTS with the MOs.  Maybe.  I'm having decision problems.
Spada84
NoSofa!

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 09:19:52 PM »

Don't be too sure you can't get the same performance from the BUB 7 True Duals. I changed from the Fat Cats to the BUB's with no loss. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=42383.msg646304#msg646304 But I am only talking about on my motor.

Zzeke, go with the system / sound you like. Unless your planning on racing, it all about the ride and sound.

JW

That's a very good example of TD performance but I have to say it's the only example I've read about where a True dual delivers similar performance to a 2:1. I did in fact look at the Bub's for my bike but I went with the Fat Cat because I wanted 4" cans + performance. If I recall correctly, the Bubs only come with 3.5" cans. Good to see you were able to get some excellent performance from a TD setup.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 09:22:19 PM by Heatwave »

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 05:46:29 AM »

Another thought,have you looked at the Fuelmoto Jackpot mufflers? I'm using them with the silent baffle option they have and there just right,I had the Bub 7 Steath mufflers and found them too loud and a tone at highway speeds I didn't care for,not a problem with the Jackpots. I just had the bike on the dyno this week and the numbers are a little better HP wise and the torque stayed the same as the Bub mufflers. :2vrolijk_21:
2012 Ultra Limited,V&H VO2 Intake,Wood 222 Cams,Cobra Power Port Header,CVO Mufflers,TTS Tuner
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 06:59:59 AM »

Another possibility if you like Bub, is to get their duals with the Stealth muffler.  It's quieter than the Bub 7's, .5 inches bigger around (4" vs 3.5") and they look good also.  I have the V&H power duals on my SESG with the basic slippons, they are about the same loudness as my SEUC with true duals and the V&H standard ovals.    It boils down to what looks/sounds the best to you as the performance is going to be relatively the same.   :nixweiss:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 07:42:33 AM »

Another possibility if you like Bub, is to get their duals with the Stealth muffler.  It's quieter than the Bub 7's, .5 inches bigger around (4" vs 3.5") and they look good also.  I have the V&H power duals on my SESG with the basic slippons, they are about the same loudness as my SEUC with true duals and the V&H standard ovals.    It boils down to what looks/sounds the best to you as the performance is going to be relatively the same.   :nixweiss:

:devil:

I wish they made the Bub Stealth with interchangeable baffles. Unfortunately it seems like many motorcycle exhaust companies have caved to EPA demands and have eliminated removeable/interchangeable baffles in all their new muffler designs. The only models that most manufacturer's seem to still offer removeable baffles on are their older designs which were probably part of the deal with the EPA. I haven't found many companies with new design exhaust systems that offer removeable baffles other than D&D.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 09:20:07 AM »

Another thought,have you looked at the Fuelmoto Jackpot mufflers? I'm using them with the silent baffle option they have and there just right,I had the Bub 7 Steath mufflers and found them too loud and a tone at highway speeds I didn't care for,not a problem with the Jackpots. I just had the bike on the dyno this week and the numbers are a little better HP wise and the torque stayed the same as the Bub mufflers. :2vrolijk_21:

bob2002

Can you describe this "tone"? I've not heard the Steath's yet but was looking at em for my 08.

JW

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 07:04:59 PM »

bob2002

Can you describe this "tone"? I've not heard the Steath's yet but was looking at em for my 08.

JW

Boy thats a tough one,its not a deep sound but something else like a heavy resonance or droning tone, the Jackpot Quiet baffles have a deep throaty tone and they sound great to me. The Bub people were great to deal with,they replaced the first set of mufflers but after a couple hundred miles I wasn't pleased
2012 Ultra Limited,V&H VO2 Intake,Wood 222 Cams,Cobra Power Port Header,CVO Mufflers,TTS Tuner
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 10:39:35 PM »

Boy thats a tough one,its not a deep sound but something else like a heavy resonance or droning tone, the Jackpot Quiet baffles have a deep throaty tone and they sound great to me. The Bub people were great to deal with,they replaced the first set of mufflers but after a couple hundred miles I wasn't pleased

It is extremely hard to descripe a "sound". Thanks. One day I hope to run into a set on someone's scooter and have a listen. I love my 3.5 BUB 7 anyway!

JW

zzeke

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2009, 01:28:53 PM »

Thanks to everyone for their input. I'm now starting to lean toward what Scotty in Seattle suggested about the V&H power duals and using the stock mufflers with the fullsac baffle.  Don't know if I'd use the 1.75 or 2.0 baffle. Is there much difference between the two other than sound? Most people seem to go with the 2.0 but if I go more for quiet with the 1.75 am I losing something.

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 01:42:30 PM »

Thanks to everyone for their input. I'm now starting to lean toward what Scotty in Seattle suggested about the V&H power duals and using the stock mufflers with the fullsac baffle.  Don't know if I'd use the 1.75 or 2.0 baffle. Is there much difference between the two other than sound? Most people seem to go with the 2.0 but if I go more for quiet with the 1.75 am I losing something.

I tried the 1.75 duals once on my 07 Ultra 107 and I thought they were too loud even after adding that good German muffler packing but I guess I'm one of the few that thinks that.
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

Scotty

• Full CVO Member
  • Scotty's Road Glide
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 05:46:39 PM »

From what I recall (Fullsac tested this stuff) you get the most torque using the 1.75, lose a tiny bit with
the 2.0 and a tiny bit more with the 2.25.. Just a small loss and probably can't feel it seat of the pants.
So, I guess you use which ever sound level you like. I think there are sound clips out there of the baffle.
Maybe it was on Fullsac web site that I originally heard them.. A lot of my decision was based on keeping the         stock exhaust pipe. A lot of the slip ons diameter was smaller than the stock Road Glide exhaust & I got to
keep the stock pipe by just replacing the baffle.
09 SERG
Andrews 54 Cams
SE Heavy Breather
V&H Power Duals
Fullsac 2.0 Baffles
Heads by "Freds Heads"
SE Pro Super Tuner

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 06:32:10 PM »

If I am understanding this correctly, if I remove the factory head pipes and replace with the V&H, that will remove the "obstruction" in the '10 bikes?  If so we keep the factory pipes to pass any future state or epa requirements etc.?
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member
  • FKA: Rich07

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: '07 SERK (retired)
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 06:51:19 PM »

If I am understanding this correctly, if I remove the factory head pipes and replace with the V&H, that will remove the "obstruction" in the '10 bikes?  If so we keep the factory pipes to pass any future state or epa requirements etc.?

Sounds like a solid plan.

Kool Rider

• 07 FLHTRSE3 SERK
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 07:48:49 PM »

I have an 07 SERK and the CATs were in the slip-on pipes contrary to later models. I believe there is nothing in the header or further down the exhaust piping.  I am going to try the BUB 7 Stealth to replace my Python slip-ons.  I know I may loose a bit of HP but reducing the noise level is what I am interested in.  I hope I am not making a big mistake.  I'll let you guys know what happens once I have them on and ride a bit.   ::)
Kool Rider
Southern Nevada

Make the best out of everyday because the future is unknown.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 08:53:06 PM »

I have an 07 SERK and the CATs were in the slip-on pipes contrary to later models. I believe there is nothing in the header or further down the exhaust piping.  I am going to try the BUB 7 Stealth to replace my Python slip-ons.  I know I may loose a bit of HP but reducing the noise level is what I am interested in.  I hope I am not making a big mistake.  I'll let you guys know what happens once I have them on and ride a bit.   ::)

I have the stealths and am pleased. The sound is deeper than the fulsacks. I have heard birdmans fulsacks and they sounded good but I did not care for the sound of mine from the saddle. Its what I hear that counts. :2vrolijk_21:
There is no drone at all. and the bike sounds better at cruise in 6th. They are not loud but you can still tell its a Harley. I like the sound of the Stealths from the saddle and have never liked the real look at me loud stuff. I am looking forward to some trips on the interstate doing 85 in 6th this year!!
RETIRED! :fireman:

Kool Rider

• 07 FLHTRSE3 SERK
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 10:00:04 PM »

I am happy to hear that.  I can ride almost daily now so I'll be able to report out as soon as I install them on the scooter.   :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks for the info.  :)

I have the stealths and am pleased. The sound is deeper than the fulsacks. I have heard birdmans fulsacks and they sounded good but I did not care for the sound of mine from the saddle. Its what I hear that counts. :2vrolijk_21:
There is no drone at all. and the bike sounds better at cruise in 6th. They are not loud but you can still tell its a Harley. I like the sound of the Stealths from the saddle and have never liked the real look at me loud stuff. I am looking forward to some trips on the interstate doing 85 in 6th this year!!
Kool Rider
Southern Nevada

fgizzo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG Cobalt and Starlight - Vance and Hines Dresser Duals - Klock Werks WFB Mufflers - Open SE Air Cleaner - Chopped Tour Pack
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 12:21:46 PM »

I ran across these slipons from KlockWerks and thought you might be interested in them if you are interested in keeping the volume down. I currently own the KlockWerks WFB mufflers and I love the look and performance but they are a touch loud for me and I think I might give these a try as well. Contrary to others on the board I have not found the KlockWerks company very helpful, but I do like the sound of these.

Keepsabeat

mcflyer

• Junior CVO Member
  • IF IT HAS BOOBS OR WHEELS IT'S GONNA B TROUBLE

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 01:29:45 PM »

FYI
I WENT FROM V & H TRUE DUALS WITH THE STOCK SE MUFFLERS TO POWER DUALS WITH THE SAME MUFFLERS.  NO INCREASE IN SOUND LEVEL BUT THE TRUE DUALS GIVE YOU THE STEREO EFFECT OF HAVING EACH CYLINDER EXIT ON A DIFERENT SIDE. THE POWER CHAMBERS DON'T DO THAT AND CAN SOUND NASAL WITH THE STOCK BAFFLES. THE OE SE MUFFLERS WITH THE FULSACK BAFFLES WILL MAKE QUITE A DIFFERENCE.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 11:01:28 PM »

The Bub 7 Stealths on the Rinehart head pipes sound just right. Some bite when you hit it and the its quiet at 70 or even 80. I'm glad I made the switch.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:10:51 PM by cvostu »

Kool Rider

• 07 FLHTRSE3 SERK
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 01:10:05 AM »

OK, time for an update.

I just installed the BUB Stealth and they are definitely quiet.  :)   I am happy to be able to ride in the city without having to wear ear plugs.  (I had Python slip-ons before)  I am happy with the sound, it is very civilized and there is no barking even when you accelerate hard. 

I think that the price to pay to get there is some horse power.  I can't tell for sure how much I lost but based on the feel of the pants, I probably lost 10%.  Perhaps some of the loss can be recovered by retuning the ECM but I am not an expert in this area.  Regardless, I prioritize noise reduction over horse power to save the hearing abilities I have left.  :coolblue:

I am happy to hear that.  I can ride almost daily now so I'll be able to report out as soon as I install them on the scooter.   :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks for the info.  :)

Kool Rider
Southern Nevada

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 08:26:15 PM »

I may have lost a little too but have not retuned the TTS yet. I guess I'm getting old..er and my priorities are changing.  :nervous: The stealths will grow on you and I think mine have gotten a little louder since I have had them. Still no bark and I do have true duals. I don't know if that makes much difference. You know, it would be nice if they made a different core that we could change out when we wanted?

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 08:28:55 PM »

I may have lost a little too but have not retuned the TTS yet. I guess I'm getting old..er and my priorities are changing.  :nervous: The stealths will grow on you and I think mine have gotten a little louder since I have had them. Still no bark and I do have true duals. I don't know if that makes much difference. You know, it would be nice if they made a different core that we could change out when we wanted?
Oh, and if I did loose some it was on the top end. I feel like I do have more torque off idle. .02

Kool Rider

• 07 FLHTRSE3 SERK
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2010, 01:22:04 AM »

Thanks Brassspike for your feedback.

I may get used to less performance and the new sound.  I never actually rode this bike stock and I am assuming that what I have now is slightly better than stock but not by much.  It is still a nice ride, it pulls well in 1, 2, 3rd gear and that's probably what matters after all.  I am not sure if a true dual exhaust would improve the performance because I think the airflow bottelneck now is the mufflers.  :-X

All I need to work on now is the wind buffeting which drives me nuts but that is a new topic, isn't it? :jack: LOL

Oh, and if I did loose some it was on the top end. I feel like I do have more torque off idle. .02
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 01:24:03 AM by Kool Rider »
Kool Rider
Southern Nevada

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2010, 10:05:03 PM »

I didn't loose much, if any. If I wanted a race bike I'd ride a ricer :o
I like the sound much better now. I bought this one to cruise not to shake windows. When it sounds like its running 100 now, its running 100...not 50!!!   :bananarock:
 For the windshield you might want to look at clearview. http://www.clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=22
Thats my 105th serk.

fgizzo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG Cobalt and Starlight - Vance and Hines Dresser Duals - Klock Werks WFB Mufflers - Open SE Air Cleaner - Chopped Tour Pack
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2010, 11:55:57 PM »

Is there a chance that anyone who has the Stealths installed wold record a sound clip and post it, I think there is a fair amount of people interested in the sound of them.
Keepsabeat

Kool Rider

• 07 FLHTRSE3 SERK
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2010, 12:35:32 AM »

Is there a chance that anyone who has the Stealths installed wold record a sound clip and post it, I think there is a fair amount of people interested in the sound of them.

I am not sure how to do this but I'll give it a shot.
Kool Rider
Southern Nevada

Kool Rider

• 07 FLHTRSE3 SERK
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2010, 01:38:06 AM »

I didn't loose much, if any. If I wanted a race bike I'd ride a ricer :o
I like the sound much better now. I bought this one to cruise not to shake windows. When it sounds like its running 100 now, its running 100...not 50!!!   :bananarock:
 For the windshield you might want to look at clearview. http://www.clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=22
Thats my 105th serk.

I have the exact same winshield.    :)
Kool Rider
Southern Nevada

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2010, 06:25:21 AM »

I love the sound of the Bub 7 Stealth also. The sound is just right. Radio seems plenty loud enough too.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 10:31:25 PM by cvostu »

Kool Rider

• 07 FLHTRSE3 SERK
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2010, 06:44:30 PM »

Here we go.  I hope it works.

Sound clip of the BUB 7 Stealth recorded from my iPhone.

Here is the sound clip at idle.   http://chirb.it/mws2nf

I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:17:12 PM by Kool Rider »
Kool Rider
Southern Nevada

Kool Rider

• 07 FLHTRSE3 SERK
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2010, 07:33:04 PM »

Here is a video..  Taking off

and here is one as I ride by...

I hope this helps.    :)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:41:54 PM by Kool Rider »
Kool Rider
Southern Nevada

fgizzo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2010, 09:44:33 AM »

Thanks to KOOL RIDER for posting those clips !!!
Keepsabeat

Kool Rider

• 07 FLHTRSE3 SERK
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2010, 10:19:28 AM »

You are welcome.  I just had to learn how to do it. It was not difficult at all.
 :coolblue:

Kool Rider
Southern Nevada

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2010, 04:13:59 PM »

I've had both the V&H Monsters and the BUB 7 Stealths.  I've have found the Stealths to be much more tolerable on longer rides and I think have just a better overall tone. Of course everyone hears different and has different likes.  The Stealths have a nice low sound without any bark or raspiness to them and are a little quieter than the Monsters.  The constant low droaning sound of the Monsters drove me nuts on longer rides.  If you want something that is not as loud as most aftermarket mufflers and yet has some volume and a nice tone the Stealths are the way to go.

Kool Rider

• 07 FLHTRSE3 SERK
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2010, 04:54:51 PM »

I've had both the V&H Monsters and the BUB 7 Stealths.  I've have found the Stealths to be much more tolerable on longer rides and I think have just a better overall tone. Of course everyone hears different and has different likes.  The Stealths have a nice low sound without any bark or raspiness to them and are a little quieter than the Monsters.  The constant low droaning sound of the Monsters drove me nuts on longer rides.  If you want something that is not as loud as most aftermarket mufflers and yet has some volume and a nice tone the Stealths are the way to go.

I have done about 500 miles with the Stealth so far and I am getting use to them.  I think the sound is growing on me and I like it.  I also like the fact that there is no barking or loud popping.  The Stealth are definitely very civilized touring mufflers..   :coolblue:
Kool Rider
Southern Nevada

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.288 seconds with 22 queries.