Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: HD dealers complaining about low inventories  (Read 4365 times)

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg
SERT, V&H Power Duels, SE mufflers, Dyno-tuned , Heavy Breather, Corbin Solo , windsplitter windshield , J&M 250w amp/7.25" speakers.

Tabatha

• Full CVO Member
Re: HD dealers complaining about low inventories
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 03:31:40 PM »

Just the opposite here in Reno,Nv.----Dealers have a load of the 2010 and even a few 2009----Not to mention the 2011s----
  This dealer has tried all the vehicle dealer tricks to sell bikes but they can't understand why folks are reluctant to pay way over mfg. suggested :nixweiss:----
   This coupled with way below blue book trade in values have turned me off to a new bike until customer consideration comes about. Maybe other folks have seen what I have seen and that could be the reason for the surplus inventory here ! :----
    Have riders gotten tired of H.D.= "hundred dollars" ?  Could supply and demand be equalizing despite attempts to artificially influence it ? Will the MoCo efforts to withhold product make a difference in consumer spending or will it merely pi$$ people off ?
     H.D. has had it their way for a very long time but their "warranty" is much in question on every forum around; any of you ever had a problem with H.D. service?  H.D. makes desirable bikes but the state of our economy should influence their customer relations ; not just their want to control dealers inventories/ market prices. Are Dealerships really "Stealerships ?
   OK guys feel free to let me have it --- right now this is JMHO ! :confused5:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 03:42:03 PM by Tabatha »

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 03:53:23 PM »

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2vrolijk_21:
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

Markum

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTP
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 07:17:47 PM »

I could not agree more with your thoughts Tabatha. My 2009 CVO ultra at the dealership waiting for a new induction module assembly. The dealer keeps telling me it's on back order. The bike has been at the dealer since July 23, 2010.  :(
With the right tools, anything is possible.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 07:40:46 PM »

I could not agree more with your thoughts Tabatha. My 2009 CVO ultra at the dealership waiting for a new induction module assembly. The dealer keeps telling me it's on back order. The bike has been at the dealer since July 23, 2010.  :(

Try calling H-D Customer Service.  They have the capability, if you get ahold of the right person and he isn't having a bad day, to expedite parts in a "unit down" situation.  This is a common issue in the auto industry also, especially when there is a recent engineering change to address design issues, or a surge of parts replacements due to quality issues.  Regular dealer stock orders will get the lowest priority, but often the part can be found and shipped if the order is upgraded to a higher status.  After all, I imagine they still have modules to install on the new bikes on the assembly line, right?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

semperfi81

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5B #860 of 999
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 07:56:36 PM »

Now why doesn't that surprise me, very low numbers on the floor here in Arizona. No 2011 CVO's yet :coolblue:

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 07:58:40 PM »

Ditto...Everything Tabatha said...Very weel put.

Markum

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 08:32:46 PM »

I sent a e-mail to the Ohio Attorney General Consumer Complaint Department. Let them talk to H-D Customer Service on my behalf.

My Bagg

• Ferguson, Harley Ferguson
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Red FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 08:33:41 PM »

Just the opposite here in Reno,Nv.----Dealers have a load of the 2010 and even a few 2009----Not to mention the 2011s----
  This dealer has tried all the vehicle dealer tricks to sell bikes but they can't understand why folks are reluctant to pay way over mfg. suggested :nixweiss:----
   This coupled with way below blue book trade in values have turned me off to a new bike until customer consideration comes about. Maybe other folks have seen what I have seen and that could be the reason for the surplus inventory here ! :----
    Have riders gotten tired of H.D.= "hundred dollars" ?  Could supply and demand be equalizing despite attempts to artificially influence it ? Will the MoCo efforts to withhold product make a difference in consumer spending or will it merely pi$$ people off ?
     H.D. has had it their way for a very long time but their "warranty" is much in question on every forum around; any of you ever had a problem with H.D. service?  H.D. makes desirable bikes but the state of our economy should influence their customer relations ; not just their want to control dealers inventories/ market prices. Are Dealerships really "Stealerships ?
   OK guys feel free to let me have it --- right now this is JMHO ! :confused5:
If they don't start worrying about quality the rest won't matter. 

My Bagg

• Ferguson, Harley Ferguson
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Red FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 08:35:42 PM »

I sent a e-mail to the Ohio Attorney General Consumer Complaint Department. Let them talk to H-D Customer Service on my behalf.

? If the Ohio Attorney General is anything like the Indiana Attorney General YOU JUST WASTED YOUR TIME but good luck!

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 09:32:10 PM »

That's hard to believe when there are over 2,000 Repo's being sold at NP Auctions alone each month lots of 08, 09, an  10's.

Not to mention Manheim and Adesa's inventories of Eaglemark bikes. There is plenty of inventory out there if they want it.

It's prudent for Harley to do as all the Boat manufacturers have major and reduce production during a period of weakened demand.
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Tabatha

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 04:52:00 AM »

If they don't start worrying about quality the rest won't matter.  
? If the Ohio Attorney General is anything like the Indiana Attorney General YOU JUST WASTED YOUR TIME but good luck!
          Caveat Emptor  is the ruling theme now-a-days !  What has happened to a "real" warranty ? How did "we" , the buying public allow any company to evade the performance of such an obligation ? Forums are full of H.D. shirking warranty issues everyday ! Most of us have been party to/or at least witnessed this phenomenon. We should not have trouble enforcing the very document that exists solely to prevent a disruption of use with our very expensive  Harley Davidson motorcycles !   What is the MoCo getting away with ; what are they really selling ; how do we as humble buyers stand up for our rights ; can they really manipulate markets ; can they really defraud us,the modest American consumer ? :-\ I work too hard on a daily basis in an attempt to earn my money , to allow any one company to relieve me of that cash without some type of consideration ! I bet most all of the readers here feel that same way after a days work !
................Anybody have any solutions ? Seems as though us poor working commoners in an attempt to entertain ourselves have created a corporate monster ! A monster with seemingly few checks and balances ! :-X
OK,OK I've said all that Iam going to , about this subject---hope there is something to be done ! :coolblue:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 04:58:56 AM by Tabatha »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 08:27:53 AM »

Caveat Emptor  is the ruling theme now-a-days !  What has happened to a "real" warranty ? How did "we" , the buying public allow any company to evade the performance of such an obligation ? Forums are full of H.D. shirking warranty issues everyday ! Most of us have been party to/or at least witnessed this phenomenon. We should not have trouble enforcing the very document that exists solely to prevent a disruption of use with our very expensive  Harley Davidson motorcycles !   What is the MoCo getting away with ; what are they really selling ; how do we as humble buyers stand up for our rights ; can they really manipulate markets ; can they really defraud us,the modest American consumer ? :-\ I work too hard on a daily basis in an attempt to earn my money , to allow any one company to relieve me of that cash without some type of consideration ! I bet most all of the readers here feel that same way after a days work !
................Anybody have any solutions ? Seems as though us poor working commoners in an attempt to entertain ourselves have created a corporate monster ! A monster with seemingly few checks and balances ! :-X
OK,OK I've said all that Iam going to , about this subject---hope there is something to be done ! :coolblue:

Get a lemon law attorney.  They specialize in lemon law and don't make any money unless they're successful.  We just setttled a case against BMW after being told that we are crazy and would never win.  The wife and I were surprised at how easy it was, that the car loan was paid off within 24 hours once the case was decided and how much $ we got back.  It was well worth it.  

If you have documentation of your attempts to get them to repair the issue and still have the issue........it doesn't cost anything to talk to a lemon law attorney.  They will tell you "yes, you have a case" or "no, you I would not be able to help you".

The flip side of it is that the MoCo built a new motor with her original VIN stamped in it (09 Street Glide w/cams, tuner, exhaust, air cleaner, etc.), shipped it and had it back in her bike within ten days!   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=52617.0

They just replaced the compensator, spring assembly, etc. in my 10 SESG.  I have cams, tuner, baffles, etc. and the mods were never a question in either case.  We're very happy with the service that we got.......especially how quick they took care of us :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 08:33:02 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 10:33:23 AM »

Yeah, best of luck with that.  Next time, do as Jerry suggested by taking the five minutes to call HD Customer Service yourself.  40% of the time, it works all the time!  Ha!

But, I suppose getting lawyers involved right away is the American way, right?!  Ugh. 

Markum

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 04:41:39 PM »

Called HD Customer Service today about the induction module which is on a back order status. They stated it's on back order but will try and pull one off the line at the factory. Could not give me a time frame when it would arrive at the dealership for installation. Bike been at the dealership since July 23, 2010. In the mean time summer is slipping away :(
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 21 queries.