Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: long distance riding  (Read 3112 times)

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
Re: long distance riding
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2006, 09:54:08 PM »

FR8TRN,
Sounds like we have something in common. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] On my trip back from Sturgis I did this, and I now have the nickname of "Sleepy" from the group of guys I rode out there with. All it takes is one time doing this, and wake up drifting into another lane w/a car in it. Only thing that comes to mind to describe this is an old saying I've heard.....

"Shaking like a dog chitting razor blades." [smiley=nervous.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Yeah I did it on a x-country trip back in '03, scared the bageezus outta me.  Now I blink too many times in a row and I'm lookin to pull over.  I can certainly relate to the dog shakin...... [smiley=nervous.gif]

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2006, 01:04:04 PM »

.....and DON'T fall asleep at the bars (uhhh, handlebars), it's scarey as hell wakin up at 75mph......that is something you'll only do ONCE.....and hopefully live to type about it.

For sure.  Had to haul it back on the slab from LA a few years back and got zoned out real bad.  Thankfully my Bushtec's left fender clipped one of the orange traffic cones in the construction zone and that woke me up.  Otherwise, who knows what might have happened.  Scared the chit outa me for sure.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2006, 01:20:10 PM »

yeah, you guys woulda been on the 'Live To Die' website, all knarly and grossed out.  My worse time to stay awake is on a super-slab in the early afternoon sun, especially if I stop and eat the way SpiderMan was talking about.  Something about the 'pounding' rhythm of the 75 to 85 mph monotone, the warmth of the sun, and the fatigue.  Not a health scenario.  [smiley=nervous.gif] aaarrgh. :(  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2006, 02:58:24 PM »

yeah, you guys woulda been on the 'Live To Die' website, all knarly and grossed out.  My worse time to stay awake is on a super-slab in the early afternoon sun, especially if I stop and eat the way SpiderMan was talking about.  Something about the 'pounding' rhythm of the 75 to 85 mph monotone, the warmth of the sun, and the fatigue.  Not a health scenario.  [smiley=nervous.gif] aaarrgh. :(  spyder

Were you riding with me?  That's exactly what happened.  Only difference is that I had not eaten a big lunch - too darn hot.  But that rhythm really lulls you to sleep doesn't it. That is one of the many reasons I do not like the super-slab but sometimes you gotta do it.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.