Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Lost confidence in Rinehart !!!  (Read 23327 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Lost confidence in Rinehart !!!
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 11:50:04 AM »

I specifically asked them about that and for the above stated reasons of fading. Their response was that the black end caps were their trademark and I could always buy the chrome ones if I wanted. So nice of them, isn't it.

:indian_chief:

Yeah. I got the same response from RH when I ordered the second set.  Like the sound & the performance but sometimes wished I had just gone to a 2 in 1 on the SEULTRA (not a RH 2-1).

On the new water jacketed bikes I figure any pipe mod will void the w----ty so will be awaiting the MoCos patent app on the new HD sound the "buzz" or the "fut-fuut".
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RioGlide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 SE Road King - sold
    • CVO2: 07 VRSCDX - Night Rod Special - sold
    • CVO3: 11 FLRTUSE - Rio Red
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 12:06:24 PM »

Don't buy that one. My right tip was starting to turn, so thinking my right side was running hotter, I swapped L for R so the other tip would color to match. Now I've got one jet-black and one gold one. The jet-black one definitely has  different look to the coating to it, almost like it has a flake pattern to it. The gold one does not.

I think think I got one new cap and one old cap.

Also, the gold cap is a lot darker on the underside than on the top side, so I feel light / UV has a lot to do with it.

Well mine was just a theory - looks like you tested the same theory & it didn't prove out.

But still, all V-rods with the black caps seem to turn the same orangish color.  So that was really the basis of my theory - and neither of mine has turned on the RK.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 12:11:34 PM »

This is posted somewhere else, but since this thread is current:

Bub replaced the end caps - both of them - on both sets of my RHs due to discoloration.  The "new" caps" were a different 'black' color than stock both times.  1 set was well out of the 1 year period & the other was after 4-5 months. No shipping - had to return the old caps both times after the new ones arrived.

I tried swapping one set (L/R) like Chief & had zero luck getting them to turn the same color.

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 01:58:00 PM »

This is posted somewhere else, but since this thread is current:

Bub replaced the end caps - both of them - on both sets of my RHs due to discoloration.  The "new" caps" were a different 'black' color than stock both times.  1 set was well out of the 1 year period & the other was after 4-5 months. No shipping - had to return the old caps both times after the new ones arrived.

I tried swapping one set (L/R) like Chief & had zero luck getting them to turn the same color.

This is what pisses me off. I cannot believe a spent over $1000.00 on their product and they refuse to assist me after it is clear they have made exceptions for others several times. They need to realize that these forums exsit and people communicate. When they are not uniform with their decisions regarding warranty issues they need to realize it will hurt their business in the end.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 02:01:03 PM »

CO, just thinking out loud here so bear with me.  Any chance you got a newbie on the phone there who just assumed what was written is what is?  Might be worth a call again, catching someone different on the phone and trying the whole thing over again as if nothing had ever happened.

You know someone there has either done this before or is still continuing to do it.  Might just be a case of needing to catch the right guy/gal who knows what they've commonly done?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 02:51:55 PM »

This is what pisses me off. I cannot believe a spent over $1000.00 on their product and they refuse to assist me after it is clear they have made exceptions for others several times. They need to realize that these forums exsit and people communicate. When they are not uniform with their decisions regarding warranty issues they need to realize it will hurt their business in the end.

I recall when my set was out of warranty, I spoke with a supervisor who really cared about getting this rectified.  Another call, higher up the food chain @ Bub may get you a better response.  2LR may have hit it - could have been a newbie cust. service rep there.  Bub usually has a great rep.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 03:01:18 PM »

I recall when my set was out of warranty, I spoke with a supervisor who really cared about getting this rectified.  Another call, higher up the food chain @ Bub may get you a better response.  2LR may have hit it - could have been a newbie cust. service rep there.  Bub usually has a great rep.

The person in charge of warranty is Linnea. She's been there for over a year and would be the best person to know what's what.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 03:50:20 PM »

In the past I have been a great supporter and defender of Rinehart.  I have always liked the look and sound of the Tru Duals - and have always been happy dealing with the company.   I have purchased 3 sets of Tru Duals over the past 3 years.  With each set, the end caps turned colors, and each time they did, I called Bubs customer service and explained what had happened...and each time they sent replacement end caps without question...not asking for pictures to verify the condition or asking for the discolored end caps to be returned.  On my most recent set of pipes  (for my 07 SEUC), this occured, and again, the end caps were replaced without question.  Later, towards the end of the last year, the end caps on the same set of pipes had again turned purple.  I called Bubs customer service and explained that the end caps were purple, and I would like them replaced.  They told me that a new policy was in place, which limited the warranty and replacement of the end caps to one year.  (I purchased this particular set of pipes via Eastern Performance).  I explained to them that  - A. The pipes were not one year old - and there was no such warranty limitation in place when I purchased the pipes.  B. They had in fact already replaced the end caps once without question on this very same set of pipes.   I asked if they were telling be they were placing a "retroactive warranty" on these pipes.

The response I received was that before our conversation would proceed any further, I needed to provide evidence via a receipt from Eastern Performance verifying the purchase date of the pipes was less they one year ago.  If they were in fact less then one year old, they would replace the end caps under warranty.  If I could not produce a receipt, it was game over.  I asked if the policy existed over one year ago (limiting the warranty to one year).  They told me no, it didn't, there was no time limit in place over one year ago. 

So, my logical mind required me to point out to them that if the pipes were over one year old, then they were purchased with a warranty that did not place a time limit on replacing the end caps - and therefore, they owed me end caps...  And if the pipes were less then a year old then they were subjected to the new policy - therefore they owed me end caps.  So, receipt or not, they needed to send me replacement end caps.

After a bit of back and forth, the representative told be bottom line - produce a receipt that proved the pipes were less then one year old or go away.  I pointed out my multiple purchases over the past several years.  He was not impressed.  I declined to call Eastern Performance to obtain a new receipt.  I suggested that by now, I was aggravated, and if he was interested in keeping me as a customer, he could call Eastern Performance on my behalf and obtain the purchase date of the pipes.  He declined to call Eastern Performance to obtain a new receipt.  Truth be told, I had the receipt all along, but as I said, I was aggravated and principle had set in...

So, I went away...sold the pipes...and now have a shiny new set of D&D's on my bike...and I like the look and sound, and have been happy with dealing with the company - but that is where the story began, isn't it...    :nixweiss:

End of story...end of relationship!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 04:56:10 PM by sadunbar »
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 04:07:55 PM »

CO, just thinking out loud here so bear with me.  Any chance you got a newbie on the phone there who just assumed what was written is what is?  Might be worth a call again, catching someone different on the phone and trying the whole thing over again as if nothing had ever happened.

You know someone there has either done this before or is still continuing to do it.  Might just be a case of needing to catch the right guy/gal who knows what they've commonly done?

Good advise Don.  And don't forget, you get more ants with honey than with vinegar.  Maybe you should call (900) WET-LIPS and get them in on conference with BUB to use their best sultry tone to flirt and ask for new caps.  The conference call with you as a silent listener may cost you $30 (not that I would know) but the experience would be priceless!   :carrot:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

tgent103

• Full CVO Member
  • 06 FLHTCUSE 15 FLHXSE 2020 FLHXSE
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 04:23:52 PM »

My tips also turned purple. I called BUB last month and got the same response my pipes are over the year from when they were purchased , they wanted 90.00 each for replacement tips. I got a pair on ebay for 85.00. I still like the black tips.   
15 FLHXSE Black Carbon Crystal

06 FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate
Rinehart Tru duals
Arlen Ness Big Sucker A/C Stage 1
SERT

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008, 04:44:08 PM »

Back to copouts original post - I agree with him that the sudden change in the handling of end cap complaints is rather chitty.  There was a much higher than normal failure rate with the end caps which caused BUB to: a.-change the production process, and b.-provide a bunch of end caps to affected people free of charge.  Why give him the bum's rush?  Have their sales dropped a little along with the slowdown in bike sales so all of a sudden the bottom line is more important than customer satisfaction?  Is this maybe a knee jerk reaction that will ultimately cost them a lot more in lost business than it saves them in free end caps?  I guess they don't care that all those discolored caps out there on people's bikes is a really big negative advertisement.

As 2lane pointed out, the warranty has expired and they are within their rights to tell a customer to pound sand.  However, being within your rights and actually being right are two completely different things.  In this case, they have obviously adopted the H-D philosophy toward customer satisfaction, namely "f--k the customer, we already got his money".

Let me offer an example of a different way to do business.  I recently had my flatbed scanner quit working after a power outage.  Turns out the 12V transformer (power brick) had quit after nearly 5 years of operation.  I've had those power supplies fail for other items over the years, and knew that finding one in a local store wasn't going to happen.  I googled the name and part number, and only got a couple hits on ebay that were flaky at best.  So I went to the manufacturer's web site to see if they sold them.  They didn't list the power supply on the site, so I sent an email asking where I could buy a replacement.  I received a reply almost immediately asking for my address so they could ship me a new one free of charge.  Not only did they give it to me for free, they also paid for the FedEx 2nd day shipping as well.  I didn't ask for any of this, and even told the individual in my return email that I wasn't asking for a free replacement, just a place to buy one.  They insisted on providing it free, and also followed up to make sure I received it.  BTW, the company is Canon.  I own a Canon film camera, digital camera, scanner, and printer.  The scanner and printer will be replaced sometime in the next year or so when I buy a new computer; any guesses as to what brand they will be?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 04:50:22 PM »

Reading Sadunbar's post is enough to convince me to get D & D Fatcats on the next pipe purchase....

Jerry's Canon story explains why we keep doing biz with the people we choose to do biz with.  Will be interested to see how this works out for Copout...

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »

I love my Reinhart's with the Chrome Tips!! Sorry to hear the tough issues some of you all have had with Reinhart's. Thank God this is the USA and we have choices!! 8) 8) 8) 8)
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2008, 05:56:08 PM »

I love my Reinhart's with the Chrome Tips!! Sorry to hear the tough issues some of you all have had with Reinhart's. Thank God this is the USA and we have choices!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

I agree but sometimes those choices cost too much $$  :nixweiss:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2008, 06:21:52 PM »

This HD game ain't cheap...

Spend a pile on the thing, spend a pile to get it running right then spend a pile more on looks, then spend more on riding it, and then spend a pile on a second bike cause one is always gonna be in the shop getting a pile spent on it. I am jaded, no, I have owned these things for decades...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 21 queries.