Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: D & D Exhaust with Ghost Pipe  (Read 17784 times)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Re: D & D Exhaust with Ghost Pipe
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 04:52:47 PM »

Thank you sir... You just saved me some money. ;) :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

As you know Dood, they have a sound you either fall in love with or want none of that. They do sound very good. But when I bump the throttle with the D&D's she does jump. Or at least that what I remember before my latest problems. Back in the wind soon.

The chrome on the D&D's is much better tho! LOL!

JW

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 06:02:16 PM »

As you know Dood, they have a sound you either fall in love with or want none of that. They do sound very good. But when I bump the throttle with the D&D's she does jump. Or at least that what I remember before my latest problems. Back in the wind soon.

The chrome on the D&D's is much better tho! LOL!

JW
Don't try to sell me on them now... to late. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

The 2 into 1 look has grown on me, and if I were in the market for pipes (coming from stock to aftermarket) I would seriously consider them. However since my Rinehart's are still holding their own I think I'll stick w/them... for now. ;)

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 08:18:37 PM »

As you know Dood, they have a sound you either fall in love with or want none of that.

Perfect!   After all,  I do ride an ugly RG that most folk either fall in love with or want none of it...

The D&D suppose to arrive Monday and I'm chomping at the bit. :bananarock:

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 10:20:01 PM »

Damn – I was afraid you might have the performance baffles.  I can only hope my quiet baffles sound as good as the tech rep said or I'll have to spend more $$ because I love hearing my pipes roar.  I had Thunderheaders (2:1) on my 08 SERK and I loved their sound.  Thanks for the reply and post a pic when you get a chance so we can all see how great they look.

Cheers -vtyanqui

vtyanqui,     installed my Boss today, this beast is loud!   It would take me 30 minutes to explain how I got my pipe but to make a long story short the lady told me it had the quiet baffle.  I dont know the difference since I havent seen both but how difficult would it be for you to take a picture of the inside of your pipe looking into the inlet??   I'm afraid I have the standard,  all I see is just the screen mesh kinda like chicken wire.  My bride rides behind me on her RK and I'm thinking she aint gonna be happy.

vtyanqui

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SERK Anniversary Model
    • CVO2: 09 SERG "Silver"
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 08:07:58 AM »

aclass - that's great news.  If your “quiet” baffle is loud then mine will be also and that's what I want.  I hate sitting at a red light with my friends and when the light turns green I stall because my friend's pipes drown mine out.  My bike should be in this week and when it is I'll take my boxed exhaust to the dealership and take pictures when the wrench  puts them on.  Just to confirm we have the same setup here are the parts numbers and description. 09 FLH/FLT Boss 2:1 Fat Cat, Slant Cut “Q” baffle (#549-32LQ) and 09 Boss Ghost Pipe, Slant Cut (#549-32LG)

Thanks again for the encouraging news.   :cucumber:   :pepper:   Here's hoping your bride likes what she hears.

vtyanqui

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 08:36:50 AM »

Hang on vtyanqui,   thats why I was asking for pics.  It's a 30 minute story to tell you how I "pieced" together my Boss.  The Header is new from D&D and the muffler and ghost pipe are both used.  The lady told me that the muffler had the Quiet baffle but after hearing this mofo and looking into the inlet I DONT THINK SO.  It was sold to me with 300 miles on it b/c the owner couldnt stand the noise.   So to be honest,  I'm unsure what my baffle is and am trying to find out before I buy or trade for a quiet.

vtyanqui

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 08:48:58 AM »

Aclass – interesting story regarding the piecing together of your exhaust system, but the bottom line is you have what you want and you like what you have and that's all that matters. I can't say for sure how loud the “quiet” baffle is supposed to sound as I haven't put mine on yet.  Perhaps some one of our members who has the Boss exhaust 2:1 installed can shed some light on this for us.

lee champion

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 04:40:10 PM »

I put the fatcat quiet baffle on when i did the cams and Tmax and gotta tell ya, the look is fine by me and the sound is just right. Stock sounded like a sewing machine, V&H ovals (with POS SERT) had way too much decel popping. Now, when i let off it purrs like a kitten all the way back to idle. Did i mention the low end torque?

vtyanqui

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 04:44:18 PM »

Lee champion – thanks for the feedback; sounds like you've got fit and function sewed up.  ;)

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 05:55:31 PM »

Well,  I give up! :stars:    I'm not willing to mushroom the end of my muffler trying to get the baffle out,  I beat the snot out of it against a phone book and this was after soaking over night with penetrating oil and WD40 and it aint budging.
D&D mentioned the quiet baffle could be hard to remove b/c of the packing so I'll just take it at that and say I have the(not so) quiet one.

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 05:49:06 PM »

Can one of you guys look to see how close your D&D header is to the transmission chrome cover??   Mine is tighter than Dicks hat band and without prying the header over and tightening the bolt it even touches.

Thanks in advance.

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary Edition
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Road Glide
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 07:14:45 PM »

aclass,
I see no daylight in mine. It does even look like it is touching.  Not sure how my guy got it on there, but you're right.

2BWILD

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2009, 08:55:43 PM »

I'm thinking about getting the same set up but I really wanted to stay with round 4"mufflers on my 09 SERG. Do you have pics? I've seen some SERG's with smaller mufflers and don't care for the look. I'm also considering the V&H Power Duals and Kuryakyn Crusher Mufflers. Any thoughts on using one brand of header and different brand muffler?

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2009, 09:10:44 PM »

I'm thinking about getting the same set up but I really wanted to stay with round 4"mufflers on my 09 SERG. Do you have pics? I've seen some SERG's with smaller mufflers and don't care for the look. I'm also considering the V&H Power Duals and Kuryakyn Crusher Mufflers. Any thoughts on using one brand of header and different brand muffler?

You have mail!!

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2009, 09:19:11 PM »

aclass,
Please post some pic's on the site! :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.