Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: New Extreme Billet Ventilator Air Cleaner  (Read 23457 times)

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
Re: New Extreme Billet Ventilator Air Cleaner
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 07:04:17 PM »

Nice, but what the heck is that behind the bike, on that rock??   :o

I believe that would be the "dragon" climbing on the wall at Smokey Mountain HD - they have an elaborate little pond with a fountain and stuff in front of the dealership.  but I could be mistaken...
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 04:31:51 PM »

I believe that would be the "dragon" climbing on the wall at Smokey Mountain HD - they have an elaborate little pond with a fountain and stuff in front of the dealership.  but I could be mistaken...
Yes you are correct! That is indeed in front of Smokey Mountain HD! Very good dealer.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2013, 07:13:49 PM »

Yes you are correct! That is indeed in front of Smokey Mountain HD! Very good dealer.

And honestly one of the BIGGEST dealerships I've set foot in. The service area (almost a separate building) is bigger than some dealers and that BBQ joint and stage area next to it was pretty cool - bonus is the food was pretty good. Buddy of mine had his 1k service done on his new '14 while we down there last month so we had lunch while we waited, worked out pretty well for us.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

brosen101

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CUSE8
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 07:21:11 PM »

And honestly one of the BIGGEST dealerships I've set foot in. The service area (almost a separate building) is bigger than some dealers and that BBQ joint and stage area next to it was pretty cool - bonus is the food was pretty good. Buddy of mine had his 1k service done on his new '14 while we down there last month so we had lunch while we waited, worked out pretty well for us.

You had me at BBQ...

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 07:26:58 PM »

2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 12:14:04 PM »

Wo hoo!

I just placed my order with Fullsac for the Stage I setup (X-Pipe, TTS, 2" cores).

Now to order the Extreme billet and these (see pic) from HD.

Now the only question is do I DIY the project or get the full pull install and dyno done through the dealer. 

I'm leaning toward the dealer, because even though I'll have a MAP with the pipe I was wondering if the Extreme Billet air cleaner is different enough that the MAP may not quite do it for me.  Or, will I just be chasing that last 2% with a dyno and throwing away some $$.

Comments / suggestion welcome.  BTW: I have an email into Fullsac for their expert opinion.

Regards,

Mark

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

ultrarider123

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2013, 02:11:09 PM »

I too am interested in changing mine..., was thinking about one that I saw made by Arlen Ness.  Do I need to do any mods to my MC to switch it out?  Already running the SEPT, V&H headers and 4" Rineharts.

You should be good-to-go with changing out one free breather for another with what you have already done, Judy... ;D

ultrarider123

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2013, 02:21:41 PM »

:jack: Not to high-jack the thread but yep, the dragon is in front of one of the best dealerships in the country (IMO).  Your correct on everything you stated, brother.  Lots of inventory (and normally has quite a few CVO's...new and slightly used...).  Stinkers (the BBQ joint) has some great food, cold beer (draft and bottle) and a concert just about every Friday and Saturday during the season (normally March to October) in their outdoor/covered stage and a service department second to none.  Great sales/parts/service area, too and Scott (owner) is there most of the time and loves to talk/speak to the customers.  He also owns the branch in Pigeon Forge (open year round), at the crossroads of time and the TN side of the Cherohala Skyway (both of those are normally open seasonal) and the sister dealership in London, KY (Wildcat HD).  Here's the link (all of the dealerships are listed at the bottom of that page).  Make sure to visit if you are in the area... http://smh-d.com/   And before you ask, no...this was not a paid advertisement... ;D

ultrarider123

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2013, 02:28:10 PM »

Anyone purchased one of these yet. Part # 29400163.   Thoughts !.  Photos !

As for the air cleaner....very nice.  Would love to have one on Ginger.... :2vrolijk_21:

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2013, 02:47:54 PM »

I wouldn't think so.  I have already swapped out the pipes and installed a SESRT,  I changed out the breather and haven't had any problems. 

SE66:

I viewed your picture full size. 

A. Looks like you have the chrome tappet cover.  I like. 
B. The heads look like diamond cut in the picture. Is that so?  Regardless, it looks awssome with the close up!

Regards,

Mark

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2013, 06:19:12 PM »

You should be good-to-go with changing out one free breather for another with what you have already done, Judy... ;D

Thank you Howard!  I might need to put this on my Christmas list.  :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2013, 08:57:18 PM »

Thank you Howard!  I might need to put this on my Christmas list.  :2vrolijk_21:

Just be aware that it will have a commanding presence on the right side of the bike. Even though the filter elements themselves are the same dimensions the billet cover assembly is slightly larger - I'd guess 1/4" bigger all the way around but appears MUCH larger because of the "square" corners when compared to the "rounded" stock one.  But I think it looks great.

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2013, 09:26:26 AM »

Checked with 4 local dealers yesterday and none of them have one in stock.  Apparently, they are on back order until NOV 18 or so.
My dealer checked with a couple stores out of the immediate area, but they are not letting them go due to the back order status.
Maybe I can find out who has them and go for a ride this weekend - or just be patient.     

Naaaw, that's no fun   8)

Best regards,

Mark

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

SE66

• Senior CVO Member
  • Life Begins When You Get One

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Twilight Blue / Stardust Silver
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2013, 09:29:53 AM »

Thanks Mark,

And yes,  I had the engine Diamond Cut last November.  Really turned out nice.  I added the tappet cover some time ago.  This is one piece that really adds to the engine.  Thanks Again for the compliments.

Jimmy
Jimmy

SE66

• Senior CVO Member
  • Life Begins When You Get One

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Twilight Blue / Stardust Silver
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2013, 09:33:39 AM »

Mark,

I was in Panama City Beach Florida this past weekend.  The dealer there had the Billet Ventilator in the 2 styles.  $449.00.  Also might want to check with Surdyke Harley Website.
Jimmy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 21 queries.