Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: D&D FATCAT 2 into 1 EXHAUST SYSTEMS:  (Read 8938 times)

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
D&D FATCAT 2 into 1 EXHAUST SYSTEMS:
« on: February 21, 2007, 09:50:16 PM »

Has anyone tried this exhaust system??  Is there any fit and finish problems?  I like the design of a 2 into 1 exhaust because I like to keep the heat off my saddle and they offer three different baffles. Looking for a great sound and still listen to the radio. I had the V&H Big Shot Longs on my 26 SEEG and they were way toooooooo  loud.

Thanks, Andy
Andy

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: D&D FATCAT 2 into 1 EXHAUST SYSTEMS:
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 12:21:19 AM »

Has anyone tried this exhaust system??  Is there any fit and finish problems?  I like the design of a 2 into 1 exhaust because I like to keep the heat off my saddle and they offer three different baffles. Looking for a great sound and still listen to the radio. I had the V&H Big Shot Longs on my 26 SEEG and they were way toooooooo  loud.

Thanks, Andy
Andy, I have ordered the fat cat 2 into 1's and they should be in this week. Will let you know if any installation problems on my SERK.

DanR

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE BLUE
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 01:06:28 AM »

Andy,

I have the 2 into 1 D&D Fatcats with Quiet baffle and Ghost pipe installed on my R/B 07 FLHTCUSE2. I installed them my self and installation could of been easier with another set of hands, but fit and finish are top notch. I'll include a picture.

Hogit

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 01:16:05 AM »

Looks  good  Hogit!!   how bout a pic of the  ghost side?
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 05:53:34 PM »

Andy,

I have the 2 into 1 D&D Fatcats with Quiet baffle and Ghost pipe installed on my R/B 07 FLHTCUSE2. I installed them my self and installation could of been easier with another set of hands, but fit and finish are top notch. I'll include a picture.

Hogit

Hogit,, How is the sound quality??  Can you strill hear the stereo???

Andy
Andy

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 05:57:32 PM »

Andy, I have ordered the fat cat 2 into 1's and they should be in this week. Will let you know if any installation problems on my SERK.

Twojay

Thans for the reply, will be looking forward to hear from you.  Where did you order the pipes from?  What did they charge you?

Andy
Andy

DanR

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE BLUE
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 11:39:15 PM »

Hogit,, How is the sound quality??  Can you strill hear the stereo???

Andy

Cerdo,

Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the ghost side before putting the bike back in storage. I had Vance and Hines Classics on the bike at first and it was tooooo loud. This is much quieter with a good sound. yes, you can hear the stereo.

Hogit

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 11:43:42 PM »

Looks  good  Hogit!!   how bout a pic of the  ghost side?

There are some of JR's bike from both sides in this thread: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php/topic,6326.0.html

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 12:07:49 AM »

Cerdo,

Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the ghost side before putting the bike back in storage. I had Vance and Hines Classics on the bike at first and it was tooooo loud. This is much quieter with a good sound. yes, you can hear the stereo.

Hogit

Thanks for the update,  now I can't wait to get them on.

Andy
Andy

TallyClassic

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 03:51:16 PM »

I've had my FatCats for about 2 years with a TMax.  Love the pipe, love the torque, love the sound.  Friends say it sounds like a small block chevy.  It does sound different than a true 2 into 2.  You lose a bit of the separation in the engine pulses.  After a while, you don't even notice.

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 05:17:28 PM »

You will have no install problems. Simple install with about 45 min. unless you have to stop for :drink: Come with  shields already installed and use stock mounts. Awesome sound :2vrolijk_21:

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 07:55:47 PM »

I WAS AT DEALER SAT AND SEEN A GHOST PIPE ON A NEW ROAD KING AND SEEN IT HAD A SECOND BRACKET AND PIPE DIDN'T MOVE LIKE MINE SO I ASKED ABOUT IT .HE SAID BRING MINE BACK AND HE WOULD GET ME ONE WITH SECOND BRACKET THAT BOLTS ON SWING ARM MOUNTING BOLTS RIGHT NEXT TO BACK OF PRIMARY AND MAKES IT MORE SOLID.SO IF YOU GET ONE THAT ONLY MOUNTS UNDER SADDLE BAG AND ON STARTER ,AND DON'T LIKE THE WIGGLE CHECK WITH D+D OR DEALER.RIDE SAFE JDO
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 06:08:23 PM by JDOFLHRIDER »

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 08:00:09 PM »

I WAS AT DEALER SAT AND SEEN A GHOST PIPE ON A NEW ROAD KING AND SEEN IT HAD A SECOND BRACKET AND PIPE DIDN'T MOVE LIKE MINE SO I ASKED ABOUT IT .HE SAID BRING MINE BACK AND HE WOULD GET ME ONE WITH SECOND BRACKET THAT BOLTS ON SWING ARM AND MAKES IT MORE SOLID.SO IF YOU GET ONE THAT ONLY MOUNTS UNDER SADDLE BAG AND ON STARTER ,AND DON'T LIKE THE WIGGLE CHECK WITH D+D OR DEALER.RIDE SAFE JDO

Huh?

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 10:27:14 PM »

Huh?
Checked with D&D today and yes they are sending out new mid pipe for the ghost pipe only. The problem ii you want to call it a problem is the ghost pipe mounts on the factory exhaust mount by starter and under saddlebags leaving the middle of pipe with no mount so it is not rigid. Can actually move quite a bit. They have added third mount down in the vicinity of pass. pegs area.

Any one needs a pipe just give Mark a call at D&D Warranty Dept. 817-834-0996 and is doing a rma swap were he sends you the mid pipe and you change it out and put back into box give a call and he will have Fed Ex come pick up. Hope this can help someone else.

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 11:01:42 PM »

I bought the pipes for my CUSE in July of '06.  I just checked and I've got the mid-mount down in the passenger peg area.  I never knew any different.  I assume that the Ghost pipe without this middle mount must have gone back prior to last July.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 20 queries.