Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: New turn signal goodie  (Read 5445 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: New turn signal goodie
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 02:31:05 PM »

I think these on Glenn's bike are a newer design that may not be on the website yet.  The Custom Dynamics website show those you speak of MR but if you look at Glenn's pics, the entire area of the light is white when in running mode then entirely yellow in blink mode.  Either will work but prefer those shown in Glenns pictures.

Nope...they are the same lights.  The white LED's are so bright that it makes the entire light appear to be white, when in reality it's just the outermost ring.  I've swapped computers lately and did not bother to transfer the photos I took of my bike with those on.  There's a thread here somewhere though...let me see if I can find it....

Thought the lights do provide some small benefit to side lighting, I would not call them "driving lights" by any means.  For my purposes, they just add more visibility to the front of the bike, and that's always a good thing.  I have LED's of some sort in front and back, with HID headlights.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 02:46:51 PM »

Here you go:  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=71767.0

If you look at the package shown in the photos by Glencarp, the vendor part number is GEN200-AW-1157.  That's the same part number I have on mine.  Depending on what angle you view them from, they can appear to be solid white.  I took my photos from a different angle on purpose.

If you read my thread, it'll tell you everything I added from Custom Dynamics...you can order a "kit" and get a discount on it all.

TTS Mastertune

Glenncarp

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 07:06:08 PM »

Glenn and HD-Dude, got a question for y'all.  Glenn, in your pictures it looks like you have a full LED lighting surface during running light mode and then a full light surface during blinker mode.  HD-dude, I've used this link before looking at these however, they do not show the lights that you have on your bike Glenn.  They show the white running lights that blink white while turn signals and then they have the model with white outer ring for running lights then the inner orange blink under turn signal mode.

Are these upgrades to the ones they are showing on the Custom Dynamics website and maybe they don't list them yet?  Glenn, I like the lights you have displayed/installed and would prefer to have that design.

What HD shop did you use?  May just order them from there and be done with it as you posted the stock number in a pic.  Thanks.

Although the picture does not show it, the outer ring is white and the center is not lit in running light mode. When you turn on the directional. the yellow inside of the white ring lights up and the white turn off. I viewed the web site and those are the one I bought, not the flat ones, but the others. Just make sure you buy front on not rear and if you buy both, then a load equalizer will be needed as LED lights draw a lot less then regular ights

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 09:50:26 PM »

Nice mod!

White Lite

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 10:17:40 PM »

They provide a "bright-white" light versus the stock 'dim yellow' light; However, they should not be considered "driving lights."  I've had them on my ride for a year now, and still consider them one of the best mods I've done to the bike!
2+ for Custom Dynamics.
2012 Street Glide in Tequila Orange

Glenncarp

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 10:19:59 PM »

They provide a "bright-white" light versus the stock 'dim yellow' light; However, they should not be considered "driving lights."  I've had them on my ride for a year now, and still consider them one of the best mods I've done to the bike!
2+ for Custom Dynamics.

Agreed, I do not see any difference in lighting up the road, i just like the look mixed with the 6,000 W HID headlights. the front end is brilliant at night!

ultrarider123

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 10:33:54 PM »

Here you go:  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=71767.0

If you look at the package shown in the photos by Glencarp, the vendor part number is GEN200-AW-1157.  That's the same part number I have on mine.  Depending on what angle you view them from, they can appear to be solid white.  I took my photos from a different angle on purpose.

If you read my thread, it'll tell you everything I added from Custom Dynamics...you can order a "kit" and get a discount on it all.
Thanks MR. Funny how the camera can make it look different. Appreciate the clarification. I'll be'a buying a set for the front turn signals.

ultrarider123

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 10:36:27 PM »

Although the picture does not show it, the outer ring is white and the center is not lit in running light mode. When you turn on the directional. the yellow inside of the white ring lights up and the white turn off. I viewed the web site and those are the one I bought, not the flat ones, but the others. Just make sure you buy front on not rear and if you buy both, then a load equalizer will be needed as LED lights draw a lot less then regular ights
Thanks Glenn.  I'll have to have a set now. No need for the rear as my SG already has the factory LED taillights.

Glenncarp

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 10:42:11 PM »

Thanks Glenn.  I'll have to have a set now. No need for the rear as my SG already has the factory LED taillights.

Good luck! You will love them for $80!

You may want to check to see if HD included a load equalizer already. I say this B/C in 2009 at Sturgis, I bought an LED tail light for my '04 Road King, the vendor swore that if I only had the tail light, no load EQ would be needed. A few weeks later I noted I had no speedo and no instruments. I stopped and found a blown fuse, I replaced it and it popped right away. I unplugged the LED light and installed a regular bulb and presto, no more fuses blowing.

src

• CVO1: 2012 STREET GLIDE RUBY RED
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 07:00:58 PM »

Hi, Do i need a load equalizer for a 2012 SG to put in the led light up front.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 08:07:55 PM »

i had to use one on my 12... yes    no big deal tho   easy to put on,,,  or they blink too fast. 

Glenncarp

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 09:51:42 PM »

Hi, Do i need a load equalizer for a 2012 SG to put in the led light up front.

Red up front? Is that legal? I was under the impression that only amber could be in front and red in back.

1 LED on a circuit is OK, more than that and you will start to blow fuses. As i stated earlier, if you add the one, turn the directional on and when it begins to blink fast,  turn the other side on, worked like a charm for me!

ultrarider123

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 08:34:33 AM »

Well just bit the bullet last Saturday and purchased these for the front.  Love the halo for normal riding and how they switch to yellow when flashing.  Work great.
No compensator for working in conjunction with the rear factory LED lights.  I did have the fast flash but did the swap back and forth from left to right blinker and have not had any issues.

Midnight and Glenn:  One thing that I have noticed, however, is that from time to time when I put my blinker on, the light on the dash for my security alarm (the small red key) comes on sometimes and goes off after a few seconds.  It did not do this using the factory front turn signals/running light so my question is anyone else notice this?  Can't be the fob batteries as I just changed them as the first of the year plus it's only doing it when I use the turn signals.  Is this something that a compensator might eliminate or is it just something in the electronics of the Custom Dynamics lights that throws the security alarm into check mode?   
Otherwise, I love them and they are bright enough to add a bit of side light during nighttime/early morning riding. 

Glenncarp

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 08:38:09 AM »

Hmm, I have not noticed the key symbol, I will have to now look to see if I have the same issue. I'll let you know as soon as it warms up. 50 today in Tampa. 30's at night forecasted for the weekend. Yeah, I know, not really a deep freeze!  :P

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2013, 01:09:21 PM »

I've never seen mine do that, Ultrarider.  However, the 2011 SERGU had NO Led lighting anywhere, so when I replaced them, I did them all.  I also installed the Custom Dynamics Load Equalizer and Magic Strobe at the same time.  My wild azzed guess is that the system is sensing a amp draw issue, so a load equalizer may solve the problem.  I assume your turn signals still operate at the same flash intervals as before installing the Ringz?  If there's any difference at all in the interval (blinking faster) you need a L.E.

TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.