Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: for those waiting on a cvo..  (Read 12105 times)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: for those waiting on a cvo..
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2008, 08:42:27 PM »

the first batch of CVOs are filtering in.  In the past 3 weeks i've seen two autumn haze/octane CUSE4's (one is now mine), one Fat Bob and one orange SERG.  The SERG didn't even make it to the floor, it was snatched up by an employee.  i never received a date for my bike, a few weeks after i put my name on the list i called them and they said they were expecting a shipment of unknowns that day and low and behold she was on that truck, what timing.        the good thing about getting a bike later then sooner is the after market will be caught up and your neighbors won't be asking you why you are cutting the grass every morning.  I've read it in here somewhere that the CUSE is starving for air and they weren't kidding, the bike sounds like it's under water.

First things first, lets see some pics of that new bike! Thats the one I'm waiting to see. I'm on the list. Second, as far as sound goes (not air starvation yet) you should be able to add whatever slip ons you want as the cat converters are in the pipe on the 09's and not in the muffler itself.

weamdog

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 FLHTCUSE4
    • Virtual Garage
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2008, 09:06:15 PM »

it looks just like all the other ones so far :)  I did see that the rinehart slip-ons do fit, but i'm thinking i better not tinker with the exhaust and intake unless there is a program ready since i've read that these upgrades would make it run leaner than it already is.  i'm sure slip-ons would at least drown out the underwater air cleaner.  i meant to stop by zippers today to see when the thundermax would be ready for the '09s, not sure i want them to experiment on my bike. i'll try to snap and post a pic tomorrow.

UPDATE:
First things first...
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=26574.0
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 12:46:26 PM by weamdog »
'00 FLSTS
'09 FLHTCUSE4 (Autumn Haze/Octane Orange)

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2008, 11:31:49 PM »

There's 1 Autumn haze/Octane sitting at 2 different dealers here.  They have been here since the 25th of July.  Still have not sold!!!!  I saw the O/B SERG 3 days after the dealer show started at one of the dealers.  But thats been it.  No more 09's since.
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2008, 09:07:55 AM »

There's 1 Autumn haze/Octane sitting at 2 different dealers here.  They have been here since the 25th of July.  Still have not sold!!!!  I saw the O/B SERG 3 days after the dealer show started at one of the dealers.  But thats been it.  No more 09's since.

Where is ...... Here?   :)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2008, 09:18:04 AM »

it looks just like all the other ones so far :)  I did see that the rinehart slip-ons do fit, but i'm thinking i better not tinker with the exhaust and intake unless there is a program ready since i've read that these upgrades would make it run leaner than it already is.  i'm sure slip-ons would at least drown out the underwater air cleaner.  i meant to stop by zippers today to see when the thundermax would be ready for the '09s, not sure i want them to experiment on my bike. i'll try to snap and post a pic tomorrow.

Some of the more in tune tuners can correct me on this if need be but I think that by just changing out the mufflers, nothing else, with the cat converters being before the mufflers it should not lean your bike out anymore.

I have a good friend who has an 08 ultra. He added a stoke gauge in one of the leg fairing compartments wired in so he can switch from front to rear cylinder via the exhaust sensors. He's added resisters, a plug and play from an aftermarket company, and tried a number of other things to get the bike to richen up. The bottom line is that the computer will, after a day or so, bring the air/fuel ratio right back to factory. Don't know what all that means but thought I'd share it as to say that other than a fuel management system like a SERT (which I think are not available for 08 and up) is not going to effect the air/fuel ratio based on what I have seen with his stoke gauge.

customryder

• Senior CVO Member
  • I'LL be your Huckelberry.

• CVO1: fxr4 2000 orange
    • CVO2: flhtcse 2004 blue/black
    • CVO3: CVO3 2005 elecrta glide CVO4 2009 roaglide CVO5 2012 roadglide skunk CVO6 2013 cvo roadglide atomic orange
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2008, 12:06:54 PM »

keep hearing of all the 09 cvo's setting around... just not in my neighborhood...
2009 cvo road glide...2007 streetglide...................... cvo member #513
2009 f-350 Harley edt.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2008, 12:47:21 PM »

Some of the more in tune tuners can correct me on this if need be but I think that by just changing out the mufflers, nothing else, with the cat converters being before the mufflers it should not lean your bike out anymore.

I have a good friend who has an 08 ultra. He added a stoke gauge in one of the leg fairing compartments wired in so he can switch from front to rear cylinder via the exhaust sensors. He's added resisters, a plug and play from an aftermarket company, and tried a number of other things to get the bike to richen up. The bottom line is that the computer will, after a day or so, bring the air/fuel ratio right back to factory. Don't know what all that means but thought I'd share it as to say that other than a fuel management system like a SERT (which I think are not available for 08 and up) is not going to effect the air/fuel ratio based on what I have seen with his stoke gauge.

Did he change the O2 sensors too Rob? 
I remember when, way back, I had to change O2 sensors AND the ecm so it could handle the voltage input from the new wide band sensors...What a pita!

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2008, 10:21:45 PM »

Here is San Diego!
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.