Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Re: Newby 04 seeg "orange peeler"  (Read 3475 times)

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
Re: Newby 04 seeg "orange peeler"
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2005, 11:06:37 PM »

I e mailed the dealer that sold the bike new in louisville ky service manager said 1st owner took it in they took pictures sent them to the factory and the claim was denied.
I don't know the date of the first claim some time between 8/04 and when i bought it 5/05. I was unaware of the problem untill I picked it up, then waited 2 months for warranty to transfer before my local dealer would submit the claim. Service manager call me 45 minutes later told me it was denied. Called H-D "we don't care about the customer we already have your money service line" was told the claim was still open.
Went back to my dealer was told by the service manager that he talked to the factory and they told him the claim is denied and closed. Service manager then told me maybe I should go to the dealer that I bought it from. Then I had to leave before I blew up.
So my next step my be an attorney. The guys I ride with think it's a joke.
They owner of the dealership told me they would give me a real good price on replacements. I told him I
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

JMAC

• none
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2005, 11:51:03 PM »

Sounds like he tried once to get it done. I bought it from a private dealer that I found on e bay he had two this one did not make it to bidding. I bid on the other one and missed it the seller called me the next day and told me he had 1 more it was still at the orignal owners house and I could have it for what I bid on the last one. He sent me pictures and said it was a perfect "10". Picked it up 20 miles south of Idianapolis I had him leave it at a dealer ship there for me to pick up. They closed at 7:00 pm Friday night I got there at 6:45 pm the guy that was with me saw the pitting on the front wheel and one of the mechanics said that H-D was aware of the problem and would replace them, so I thought nothing of it untill I ran into this crap. I was not aware of the bike being denied for the wheels when I bought it.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2005, 07:27:28 AM »

JMAC.. Man sounds like a pretty sticky situation you got going [smiley=nixweiss.gif] It's a shame first of all that the #1 owner didnt carry this through. For whatever the reason was that it was denied, I'd like to hear that from the top people, and to have a chance to voice up to them [smiley=brood.gif]   A thought here,  might be time to think of custom wheels that dont have this issue along with the other parts that are peeling.
 My daughter is going to ask her teacher at break about this. (shes studying law) dont know what shell come up with but its worth a shot [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
I'll send you a PM regarding her news
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2005, 12:59:54 PM »

Don't walk away from that dealer, RUN!   Find another dealer. This should be an easy warranty claim.
MObe

Windless

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2005, 10:28:59 PM »

I just had my 3rd set of wheels replaced no questions asked.  Just had to wait for the dealer to get them in stock.  HD is doing you wrong.  Good luck.    

JMAC

• none
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2005, 09:45:13 PM »

well heres the latest I call customer service again  asked the lady why my claim is being denied. she said because all the chrome is bad I told her no, not all the chrome is bad just the same problems the other 04 seeg owners are having. she said she can't over turn the claim so I asked if we have a area rep up in this part of the country she said yes and told me his name BUT you need to call you dealer and set up a time. So I called my local dealer (not where I bought the bike but my 02 whide glide I bought there) left a massage with the owner to call me about seeing the area rep. Twenty minutes later the service manger call me and said he comes about once a month and he was here last week so it will be a few weeks. Now the last time I was there talking to them about this WHY didn't the say next time rep comes to town WE will call you so he can look at your bike????????????????????????????  Seems to me THEY should have know the next step. [smiley=oops.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2005, 09:53:49 PM »

. . . . WHY didn't the say next time rep comes to town WE will call you so he can look at your bike????????????????????????????
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 09:54:09 PM by 103tHunDer »

JMAC

• none
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2005, 09:57:17 PM »

Built 06/04  sold some time in August 04  so I have some time.

JMAC

• none
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2005, 04:11:34 PM »

Met with the area rep a few weeks back.  He agreed that the wheels, shift levels, right passanger floor boards and right side mirror should all be replaced under warrenty.  The motor company says that they will replace only the wheels and they are on back order.  Area rep was a real nice guy and very easy to deal with.  The owner of the dealership here has taken several pictures to send to the motor company along with a nasty gram so things are starting to go my way.  

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »

That's great, JMAC!  Glad to see someone finally listened to you and that you stuck to it until they did.  Thanks for coming back to let us know how things are working out!

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2005, 06:57:29 PM »

JMAC, once you get everything straightened out, I would tell that dealer to KMA!!! I understand that they were not the original seller, but if they won't give you any more customer service than that, they wouldn't get any more of my money or time. Glad you got it taken care of, but I would have pushed for more than the wheels.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

JMAC

• none
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2005, 08:30:18 PM »

No I'm not done yet. The owners of the dealer and the rep know I will not spend a penny on anything H D untill they take care of the bike 100 %. They both agree it is in thre best interest of the motor company to take care of this problem. Can't ride for months anyway, so I will play the waiting game for a bit.

Alazlo

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2005, 08:32:50 PM »

Add my 04 to the list of bikes with the wheels replaced. No problems getting it done under warranty, other than waiting for the back order to release. Bike is in now to have the cases split due to the ever present oil leak between the motor & trans..

JMAC

• none
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2005, 09:46:39 PM »

Glad to here you have new wheels. Mine are siting at the dealer. I need to call them and find out on the mirror and other crome parts. Just came in from snow blowing the driveway, only four months before riding. Boy I love winter...NOT

JMAC

• none
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2006, 09:09:27 PM »

Must say the seeg looks great with the new wheels, dealer put them on Dec.28
Had a call a couple weeks ago and the rest of the parts are in, right side mirror,both shifters and right passenger foot board. So hopefully my chrome prblems are behind me. Now I just need sun and 50 degrees. ;D [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 22 queries.