Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Corbin seats  (Read 6937 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Corbin seats
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2006, 09:17:01 AM »

Don,
   I like that idea too,  I'll have to take a day off from work,   but what the hell.  Only problem is what the Freak do I do with the toilet seat that's gonna come off????  You think they'd ship it home for me from the factory????

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2006, 09:52:08 AM »

IF i can Jump in i,ve got a friend real close to corbin,he can pick it up and ship or i can bring it to SD when i go visit my daughter.(IF corbin won,t ship or is to pricy)-AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2006, 10:03:45 AM »

AK,
   Thanks for the offer.......I just gotta find the time to do this thing.  I'm on the road for a few weeks,  should be back mid May.......I'll keep in touch,  maybe we all can get a few  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2006, 04:29:25 PM »

JR,

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2006, 11:43:12 PM »

OK,
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2006, 11:55:08 PM »

I also had the tour pak backrest done.  I mount my tour pack in the forward position and use it as the backrest on longer trips.  I've visited the Corbin factory twice.  On the first visit I had the seat on my SEEG built from scratch to acccomodate the forward mounted tour pak.   Normally, a Corbin Solo won't work with the forward mounted tour pak.  It took several hours and they shipped the Mustang that I rode down there on home for me.  The second visit was several weeks ago to have them fit a close solo on my wifes FLHX.  They spent several hours with it and wouldn't let us leave until it was perfect.  If you travel to the factory you won't be disappointed with the experience.  They do take appointments if you know when you'll be in the area.  The last time we visited we just showed up and we were treated as if we had an appointment.  Great people.

Dan
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 12:40:19 AM »

Hey Dan, what's your comparison between the Mustang and the Corbin?   Since you ran them both on the SEEG.  thanks, spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2006, 11:23:37 AM »

Hey Dan, what's your comparison between the Mustang and the Corbin?
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2006, 01:49:28 PM »

Spidey

That's a tough one.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Panhead_Jimmy

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2006, 04:04:53 PM »

Corbin made a custom solo seat with orange stitched flames for me at the Hollister factory in about 4+ hours.  The hump from the back rest to the fender is a little too tall for the tour pak to fit on top of the fender using the docking hardware for the removed passenger back rest, but their seat was excellent.  They shipped my old seat back to SoCal for $10.

Later that year I met a guy from Saddlemen and had them make me a custom solo seat.  I can now run the tour pak and Saddlemen seat together.  Although I'm sure the two companies will disagree with me, I really can't tell much difference between the two brands.  However, I haven't taken the Saddlemen off since I bought it.  Guess that says something, eh?
2004 Hemi Dodge Slammed Ram, Short Bed Std Cab
1945 Knuckle
1956 Pan
2015 FLHTKSE
2017 CVO Street Glide Orange/Starfire Black

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2006, 05:31:56 PM »

Corbin made a custom solo seat with orange stitched flames for me at the Hollister factory in about 4+ hours.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2006, 11:33:16 PM »

Great comparison review.
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2006, 11:35:44 PM »

And another.

Dan
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

Sid8d

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 12:07:17 AM »

Newbee here......I'm looking for a seat with great looks and confort for both me and my wife when she rides with me. The RK touring seat has me moved foreward a little compared to the stock seat. I sat on my bro's RK Custom and that seat felt softer than mine but I'm not sure the wife would be satified after a days ride. Is there a seat made that will move me back and low and provide comfort too? I'm 6'2" with long legs and don't want to be setting up any higher than need be.
04 SEEG
103+ Heads modified by Engines by Otto
103+ Pistons
10.5:1 compression
Horsepower Inc 51mm Throttle Body
D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1 Exhaust
Stage 1 Screemin' Eagle Air Cleaner
SE Race Tuner
Delcron Cam P

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006, 12:56:00 AM »

Newbee here......I'm looking for a seat with great looks and confort for both me and my wife when she rides with me. The RK touring seat has me moved foreward a little compared to the stock seat. I sat on my bro's RK Custom and that seat felt softer than mine but I'm not sure the wife would be satified after a days ride. Is there a seat made that will move me back and low and provide comfort too? I'm 6'2" with long legs and don't want to be setting up any higher than need be.

I'm 6'4" at 215 lbs. and I have the Corbin Classic Solo.  It actually moves you back a couple inches.  I ordered the back seat and the Corbin King Tour Pack back rest recently and the dealership called me today to tell me that the back rest is in..........however, I live in Sacramento and I'm stuck in Tucson, Ariz. this week.  I'll let you know next week, how it is for the passenger.

Corbin is a much more firm seat (I have a whole collection of seats hanging on my wall) then the others but it's the most comfortable that I have for long distance.  At the end of the day, your butt or it's condition just does not occur to you.....it's not an issue!  I can't tell you why or how cause it still puzzles the chit out of me.....but there has to be a reason that they sell as many as they do and everybody swears by them.  

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 20 queries.