Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Local Dealer discounting 2008 models  (Read 6960 times)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: Local Dealer discounting 2008 models
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 09:02:30 PM »

Kutters Harley Davidson in Janesville Wisconsin has a Red 2008 SEUC on the showroom floor at MSRP with no add-on costs (no setup - no destination charge, nothing)....saw it today...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 02:57:48 AM »

I was at Bumpus today, (I guess that was yesterday now), they have more stock on the floor than I've ever seen there. They can't fit another bike on the floor and they have at least that many in the back waiting to go on the sales floor. IMHO there are about twice as many new bikes as I've ever seen on there. Every bike (including CVO's) comes with at least $1,000 in Bumpus Bucks that can be used on anything, clothes, parts, labor or another bike. This is a dealer that has never ever sold below MSRP, to my knowledge. I was admiring a Vrod like Ken's new toy and I got the feeling from the salesman that I'd better not make a low ball offer because they would take it. I think pre-Christmas sales sucked for them. :nixweiss:

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 10:57:02 AM »

As the "copper tops" (anniversary edition models) are not selling as well as expected, the MoCo is allegedly announcing special financing on them starting in January.  It appears to be something in the range of 1.05% (get it 105th anniversary ;D) APR for up to 36 months, requiring at least 10% down with approved credit.  The dealers already have a pretty generous floorplan assistance program in place to help them reduce the costs of holding all of this inventory. 

I think this is just the beginning for the motor company.  Inventories are building in most every model, even CVO's.  If you are looking to buy a new bike, it may pay to wait a little longer, as the dealers are getting very anxious and the economy does not appear to be getting any better.  This should also translate into a buyers market for used bikes as well.
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 12:32:06 PM »

Bubba_T wanted to stop by BIGGS, so off we went yesterday morning. While he was " shopping " I checked the tickets on a couple of 08 Ultra-Classics

Solid Red regular model UC was $21,800
Two-tone Copper 105th Anniversary model UC was $22,800

Are those significant discounts ?  I don't know what the every day prices are

B B

Brian, at the very least it isn't marked up.  And it might be marked down a bit depending on options.  You had mu curious so looked at Harley's website.  This is from the site in the 2008 Ultra Classic section:

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 03:17:29 PM »

We'd peeked in at the Richmond HD shop this morning and looked at a couple of nice new bikes.  Jamey had his eye on a gorgeous purple ---- tons of flake ---- street glide.  The sales girl got so excited about us just looking that she came and spoke to us a bit.  Normally she doesn't as she knows what we ride and that we are not likely to be looking at down from where we are.  But she said sales were very bad this month, actually the last three months. She normally sells 20 - 30 bikes a month, and this month has sold 3.  Not a good time, as she was claiming or insinuating that she works on commission only.  The tags on some bikes spoke of $3000 in store credit.  Seems times are tough in the sales world right now.  May indeed be a great time to just hang on and wait this slump out if you are buying.  But what do you do if you got a bike you want to move on to make room in the garage for a new to us bike?

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2007, 03:58:12 PM »

I stopped by West Palm Beach dealer yesterday and all the models under MSRP........around 20 different models 105th Anniv color, DYNA CVO at MSRP, etc.......

Texas Lurker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2007, 05:14:08 PM »

Everything in life makes a circle sooner or later. Great news if your a first time buyer or making an addition. Gonna be a sad day at black rock if your trying to unload one, Supply & demand's what got them 5 to $8000.00 over MSRP & that's what will bring the prices back down. I can remember when you bought a new Harley you'd get money off the retail price then they'd throw in a leather jacket, chaps, leather throwover saddlebags & a few parts! Think about it they've all got the same product. Price will eventually be the determining factor where you buy. The dealers that treated people like s--t will have to count on sales to new customers. I for one am glad to see it comming. Linny

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 07:09:56 PM »

Everything in life makes a circle sooner or later. Great news if your a first time buyer or making an addition. Gonna be a sad day at black rock if your trying to unload one, Supply & demand's what got them 5 to $8000.00 over MSRP & that's what will bring the prices back down. I can remember when you bought a new Harley you'd get money off the retail price then they'd throw in a leather jacket, chaps, leather throwover saddlebags & a few parts! Think about it they've all got the same product. Price will eventually be the determining factor where you buy. The dealers that treated people like s--t will have to count on sales to new customers. I for one am glad to see it comming. Linny

We share a sentiment there Linny.  All too many have at least made absolutely maximum benefit (if not taken advantage) for far too long.  If that were coupled with absolutely stellar customer service it would be a different issue.  That it all too often wasn't it was defines them as someone taking advantage and abuse rather than just maximizing the benefit they might in a given supply/demand scenario.  There are many whom I will enjoy watching inventories set at and knowing what the costs of that will be inside their shiny mortgaged new dealership/boutiques.  It's not entirely with satisfaction that it'll be watched because the employees will hurt before the principals will.  But all too many of the dealerships need reminded that they serve and service and clients rather than it being the other way around.

Texas Lurker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2007, 10:40:11 PM »

I find myself looking at other brands, but unlike the Mitsubushi Eclipse GT-6 Spyder my wife drives vice a Mustang, I cannot bring myself to like these other brands.  I don't know what it is, but they all look like Harley's except they don't look like a Harley if you know what I mean,  it's like they're puffed up,you know like Barry Bonds after he turned 35. Anyway, so even though a dealer I've spent over $200,000 at treats me like chit, even though the competing dealers do nothing to gain my business, I am still a Harley fanatic.

It must be a sickness

B B

You know I've been hearing for several years now, it looks like a Harley- it sounds like a Harley. Well hell why not buy a Harley!!!I could probably have 3 to 5 Japers for what I've got tied up in my bike , but I wouldn't trade it for 10 of 'em. Kinda like going down to Walmart & buying a big diamond ring for $15.00 IMO. I gripe about them too but I still choose to ride a Harley Davidson Motorcycle. BTW have you guys ever seen anybody with a Honda Tattoo. Besides, you meet the nicest people on a Harley LOL.Linny

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007, 10:56:40 PM »

Besides, you meet the nicest people on a Harley LOL.Linny

Linny, at least for me that is a huge thing. I love the bikes.  I really do.  The company itself offers similar respect and enjoyment as do hemmorhoids.  But I (quite stupidly) manage to disassociate the bikes from the company.  Probably because the bikes becomes a very singular things once I've had it for a bit.  The bike carries with it an accessory not offered by the MoCo though.  It's the people we ride with and whose company we enjoy.  Even if we don't say a word to them riding away from a fading sun for hour after hour after hour.  People that actually do this are a benefit that the MoCo rides on the back of.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2007, 07:45:41 PM »

One of our local Dago county dealers is having a sale on 2008 models. Some good discounts.

Too much production from the MoCo flooding the showroom floor perhaps ?

What's happening in your areas ?

B B

B B

Same here...discounts on most models...sales have been slow around here...

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRU
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC - SOLD
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 09:07:04 AM »

It's on the HD website today...1.05 APR on 105th models (only), must buy by 02 Feb. 2008.

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 06:49:09 PM »

Up to 36 months from the MoCo.  If its a longer term, then I believe the dealer is buying it down.
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

Dean_Nelson

• Full CVO Member
  • Now it is a DFT Tike
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 06:57:02 PM »

I just bought a FLHX for $20,995 out the door, at MSRP it should have been $22,500 out the door.

I call 7 dealers in Chicago and 6 of them were within 400 of each other on 22,500.

Dean Nelson
2008 FLHX BAGGER CUSTOM
2006 FLHTCUSE
2004 SEEG  SOLD
2002 V-ROD AS A CUSTOM
1998 ROAD KING 95TH
1982 GS1100E
1977 XLCR ONE OWNER 600 MILES
1970 XLH MY FIRST H-D 1800 MILES
1963 CUSHMAN 7500 MILES

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 07:48:31 PM »

Dean,  do you know that Bungy is trying to reach you to discuss a trike conversion? 
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 21 queries.