Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: GolfPro22's new Black/Slate  (Read 7695 times)

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member
  • In Memory of Scott Wheelihan

• CVO1: 06 FLHTUCSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTUCSE8
Re: GolfPro22's new Black/Slate
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2005, 10:05:59 PM »

After reading this thread I don't feel quite so bad, mine handles well with no wobble up to the century mark. It's the leaking rear cyclinder rocker cover, the heated grips that stopped working, the radio display that keeps disappearing, and let me not forget the redesigned headlight the is the worst excuse for a light that I've ever seen. This is my 5th Harley and by far the most expensive and I've had more problems in 4 months than all the other combined. Guess it goes to show you more expensive isn't always better.
 [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2005, 10:20:55 PM »

After reading this thread I don't feel quite so bad, mine handles well with no wobble up to the century mark. It's the leaking rear cyclinder rocker cover, the heated grips that stopped working, the radio display that keeps disappearing, and let me not forget the redesigned headlight the is the worst excuse for a light that I've ever seen. This is my 5th Harley and by far the most expensive and I've had more problems in 4 months than all the other combined. Guess it goes to show you more expensive isn't always better.
 [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

06, what is the issue with the headlight.  Poorly aimed; or just poor?

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2005, 10:40:40 PM »

06, what is the issue with the headlight.  Poorly aimed; or just poor?

Well to start with it wasn't aimed correctly, then I learned it was hooked up wrong, low beam wire on the high beam bulb, high beam wire on low beam bulb. After these problems were corrected it still has blank areas on high beam. Everyone I know locally that has one hates it.
You know whats sad is the local dealer service department thinks its the HID light.

Hey 2Lane what's up with the date stamp on the posts here???

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2005, 10:54:36 PM »

Well to start with it wasn't aimed correctly, then I learned it was hooked up wrong, low beam wire on the high beam bulb, high beam wire on low beam bulb. After these problems were corrected it still has blank areas on high beam. Everyone I know locally that has one hates it.
You know whats sad is the local dealer service department thinks its the HID light.

Hey 2Lane what's up with the date stamp on the posts here???

Getting high and low mixed up on those lights would be way too easy to do.  Hard to figure how anyone thought it was a HID though.  That's a bit wacked.

And what about the date stamps?  On my screen things look like they always have  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ?

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 14 years and still got her
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2005, 10:56:00 PM »

"You know whats sad is the local dealer service department thinks its the HID light."

The spec lists "Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp". This is probably the 67864-04 on page 654 of the 06 HD accessory book. THE HID is different - it's 68094-06 and would be listed in the bike specs. as a HID Headlamp, but it's not.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 11:17:12 PM by Bad_Ass_2 »
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
6 speed tranny,regeared primary and secondary,
SE slip on pipes, K&M Kit, remap ECM
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2005, 10:58:00 PM »

And what about the date stamps?  On my screen things look like they always have  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ?

Looks fine to me, too.  Are you talking about the time, 06ULTRASE?  If so, you may need to update the settings in your profile according to the instructions here: http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1129145565

Rebel

• Full CVO Member
  • It's called Sanity, but maybe it's me that's crazy
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2005, 09:57:11 AM »

Hey 06-
You know, when I bought the bike, the sales rep told me mine was an HID too... that IS sad, and I agree with you the headlight is horrible- we've got a lot of twists and turns and ups and downs here in Western PA and even on roads that I've always rode, I'm getting caught... especially in the corners.  I've adjusted mine and it seemed to help a little, but I always ran xenon bulbs in my other bikes and this "new" headlight from HD should be trashed- I guess I've gotta spend the Harley Tax and put in the HID.  $500 bucks is a lot of jing though.  HD should make a retrofit kit, being that the lens and the housing are the same, and the HID is only on the low beam bulb, all we really need is the HID bulb, the mount for the igniter and the igniter itself- we don't need the entire kit.  I'm not gonna hold my breath for that though.
Later-
The "Rebel"

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2005, 10:18:53 AM »

There are less expensive options for lighting - check out this thread:  http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1129003785/0  , post #8

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2005, 08:08:40 PM »

Thanks for all the help on less expensive ways to make the "better" headlight up to par. I just think its a shame to have to spend more $$$ to improve what suppose to be better. OK I'll stop beating this dead horse now.

The date stamp on this post on my computer reads 1:08 AM today and its 8:13 PM ???????
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 08:10:38 PM by 06ULTRASE »

Rebel

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2005, 10:41:38 AM »

I thought about our headlights when I saw this pic- location must be somewhere near York, PA???  ;)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2005, 12:04:48 PM »

my guess is:  Montana
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2005, 12:09:13 PM »

my guess is:  Montana

Oh yeah, Pennsylvania DEFINITELY has speed limits; and knows how to use them.

Rebel

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2005, 02:10:14 PM »

I think you're missing my jest here... (the lack of quality lighting on the stock SEUC) causes the inability to drive at speeds that would be considered "Reasonable & Prudent during the night.  This seems to be a sign that would be "Reasonable & Prudent" to be erected near the York, PA HD Factory.  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
Later-
The "Rebel"

Rebel

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2005, 03:17:56 PM »

Here's a suggestion for the MOCO.
Later-
The "Rebel"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2005, 05:12:04 PM »

I think you're missing my jest here... (the lack of quality lighting on the stock SEUC) causes the inability to drive at speeds that would be considered "Reasonable & Prudent during the night.  This seems to be a sign that would be "Reasonable & Prudent" to be erected near the York, PA HD Factory.  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
Later-
The "Rebel"

Dammit, d'oh !  [smiley=oops.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.