Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Installing the Jackpot 2-1-2 with before and after Dyno tunes  (Read 8227 times)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: Installing the Jackpot 2-1-2 with before and after Dyno tunes
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 09:37:38 AM »

Hey guy's

I did not post this thread to argue about the comparisons between the Fullsac vs the Jackpot, the canned tune vs  dyno tune, the Fullsac baffles vs the Rush slip-ons and whether I should have it tuned before having a baseline tune or not and all of the cost variables between them.

This thread was about my purchasing the mods that I think is MY best Bang for the Buck and the added HP and TQ that it will buy me. I am going to post these before and after dyno charts so that others that are looking at similar mods can have an idea of what gains I got for the $$$ and hopefully that will help them make their own decisions.

You have a right to your opinion, but there are other threads to debate apples vs oranges vs pears and what constitutes a bushel.   

I think I got it.
You plan to purchase upgrades to what your preferences will be to make your bike truly customized to your liking.
Your choice of mufflers, pipes, etc will be YOUR choice.
There is no question, just a statement that you plan to share your "before and after" dyno charts.
My opinion would be you will see an increase of about 10% in HP and TQ with a competent dyno man, tuner, (TTS or SERT) exhaust and mufflers, and no changes to the intake. This opinion is based on similar bikes I have had personal experience with.
I'm pretty sure your finished charts will be similar to others that we have seen here.
I'm also pretty sure if it all comes together properly the bike will be a well-mannered cruiser.
Again, JMHO
 8)

HOGMIKE

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 09:41:44 AM »

Hey Mike,

It's a 2013 RGC CVO

The Fullsac package with X pipe, baffels, tuner and canned tune with shipping comes to $1,073.00

I paid a little extra for the Rush slip-ons because i like "that" sound

Add in a Stainless Steel head pipe with ceramic external and internal coating vs a Carbon Steel pipe with external coating only, and in a hot exhaust enviroment the SS system will outlive the CS system by about 2 to 1. (Critical Alloy Piping design, fabrication and installation is what I do for a living)   

add the baseline dyno run on top of the "custom dyno tune" and I think my money is well spent.

I am told by my tuner (Ed) that the Fullsac will make a bit more HP and TQ. I chose a different route. It does not make one better or worse that the other. They are different designs, both made by quality vendors that stand by their products.

Your price point is probably correct.
I also like the x-pipe vs. the Sportpipe......just me.
I also like the stock cvo gutted mufflers with 1 3/4 baffles.........just me.
I have to stock air cleaner.......just me and the stealth look.
I really am not chasing numbers, but, also have the charts that show my 10% increase with my combo.
I think you are on the right track with your parts list so far.
You may want to change cams in the future depending on your riding style/load. Just a suggestion!
 8)
HOGMIKE

sloride

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 10:52:06 AM »

Thanks Mike
2013 RGC CVO (Bevo)
2013 RGC (Da Reaper)

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 01:12:25 PM »

Whatever you get from your parts selection is what you get and as long as that makes you happy and you enjoy the bike that's all that really counts. I love to tell customers to get on the bike and take a short ride and come back, at that point you will get the dyno chart. It's just my way of getting a real opinion of how they like the bike as the piece of paper with numbers on it isn't going to change a thing. Once you get a dyno chart fold it in half along the 4000 RPM point. Everything below 4000 is what you are going to use 95% of the time, what's on the other-side is only used when bar hopping and for bragging rights.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

sloride

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 02:28:58 PM »

Whatever you get from your parts selection is what you get and as long as that makes you happy and you enjoy the bike that's all that really counts. I love to tell customers to get on the bike and take a short ride and come back, at that point you will get the dyno chart. It's just my way of getting a real opinion of how they like the bike as the piece of paper with numbers on it isn't going to change a thing. Once you get a dyno chart fold it in half along the 4000 RPM point. Everything below 4000 is what you are going to use 95% of the time, what's on the other-side is only used when bar hopping and for bragging rights.

That's good advice, I seldom exceed the 4500 RPM range. But I work the heck out of the 2500 to 4500 range. This bike already makes me grin like a dog with his head out the window.

If you see and hear Bevo go by howling like a comanche...that will be me
2013 RGC CVO (Bevo)
2013 RGC (Da Reaper)

scttgr8

• Senior CVO Member
  • my new GLIDE

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 07:21:24 AM »

...A practice I have used and encouraged for years...you know what the bike was like before so lets see what you think now...lit makes it seem less painful for them then to get the checkbook out...most guys are asking for the 2 up cruise and wanting to pass...the peaks are simply for bragging rights.

I also like the freedom of choice to do what I want with my ride!!

what I was addressing in my previous post using "slorides" own numbers and quotes "...best bang for the buck" has always meant most horse/torque for least $$...jmho!

:2vrolijk_21:ride safe and enjoy the breeze in your face... :2vrolijk_21:
2012 HD Road Glide Custom CVO (FLTRXSE) Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics I added wrapped chrome license plate bracket/cover, saddlebag guard rails, replaced black Engine covers w/Chrome, RCx slip-ons mounted on Fullsac "C" X head pipe, TTS tuner tuned! Enjoying life ...living the dream!!!

ultrarider123

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 08:13:26 AM »

All this discussion has been fun on the exhaust subject.  Slo, can't wait to see the results after Ed does his tuning magic this coming weekend.  Good luck with your choices and hope you get out of the tune what you are expecting.

scttgr8

• Senior CVO Member
  • my new GLIDE

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 07:52:12 AM »

All this discussion has been fun on the exhaust subject.  Slo, can't wait to see the results after Ed does his tuning magic this coming weekend.  Good luck with your choices and hope you get out of the tune what you are expecting.

second...motion carried
2012 HD Road Glide Custom CVO (FLTRXSE) Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics I added wrapped chrome license plate bracket/cover, saddlebag guard rails, replaced black Engine covers w/Chrome, RCx slip-ons mounted on Fullsac "C" X head pipe, TTS tuner tuned! Enjoying life ...living the dream!!!

sloride

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 04:33:23 PM »

Baseline Tune is scheduled for 10:00 AM Sunday morning with ED.

Rush 2" Baffles are here

Jackpot 2-1-2 is scheduled for tomorrow delivery.

I will post the baseline dyno run Sunday afternoon.

Parts install will be the week of Thanksgiving

As soon as ED can work me back in, I will post the final #'s
2013 RGC CVO (Bevo)
2013 RGC (Da Reaper)

patrikr

• CVO1: '12 FLHXSE3 Dark Slate
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2012, 05:54:12 PM »

Any update on the results?

sloride

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2012, 08:04:36 AM »

Any update on the results?

I posted the baseline results and should get the new exhaust installed next week and back to Ed
2013 RGC CVO (Bevo)
2013 RGC (Da Reaper)

partycrasher

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2012, 04:53:16 PM »

Very interested in your project . Just bought a 2013 cvo Rg. Please let us know baseline numbers before and after . Appreciate all your info. Good luck.

sloride

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2012, 09:31:24 PM »

Very interested in your project . Just bought a 2013 cvo Rg. Please let us know baseline numbers before and after . Appreciate all your info. Good luck.

Ok  my baseline dyno run done by Ed at "The Dyno Difference"

completely stock 2013 RGC CVO with the exception of Rush slip-ons

attached is the std dyno run and the SAE run

STD best HP 87.8     best TQ 110.00

SAE best HP 85.5    best TQ 107.1

2013 RGC CVO (Bevo)
2013 RGC (Da Reaper)

sloride

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 07:21:32 PM »

ok I got the Jackpot 2-1-2 installed and fired it up today.

I absolutely love the sound. Very crisp with a good throaty pop. Not as loud as a 2-1 but a little deeper sound

The heat shields did not Line up on the new head pipe as well as the stock pipe. I guess this is to be expected, it is after all a different pipe. It looks OK, but not as clean as stock.

Ed will Dyno tune it tomorrow and I will post the results

I am already much happy
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 07:26:16 PM by sloride »
2013 RGC CVO (Bevo)
2013 RGC (Da Reaper)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2012, 07:24:03 PM »

ok I got the Jackpot 2-1-2 installed and fired it up today.

I absolutely love the sound. Very crisp with a good throaty pop. Not as loud as a 2-1 but a little deeper sound

The heat shields did not Line up on the new head pipe as well as the stock pipe. I guess this is to be expected, it is after all a different. It looks OK, but not as clean as stock.

Ed will Dyno tune it tomorrow and I will post the results

I am already much happy
Thanks for the update

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.