Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38

Author Topic: "FXR CHATTER"  (Read 120239 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: "FXR CHATTER"
« Reply #270 on: December 18, 2008, 08:49:20 AM »

I know I miss mine....It is running fine for the new owner though..
I'd like a Brandywine serk even though I am not much of a red bike guy.

I need a bigger garage, I kicked all the rice bikes out into the trailer and have alittle more room...
Where to put that Indian??   ::)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #271 on: December 18, 2008, 08:50:52 AM »

Where to put that Indian??   ::)

Your getting one also?

Cool!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #272 on: December 18, 2008, 08:52:31 AM »

Your getting one also?

Cool!

:2vrolijk_21:

AJ's giving us all one for XMas presents I heard! :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenjump3: ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedFXR2

« Reply #273 on: December 18, 2008, 08:55:06 AM »

Everyone should have one kicker to be thankful for push buttons!

I was on a trip on my Triumph back in the 1970's and it rained overnight.  That bike had Amal carburetors that weren't sealed from the elements and water got inside.  The next morning, I kicked and kicked and kicked.  Only an occasional sputter.  Kicked and kicked some more, thinking "I must have pulled all that water through by now--surely on the next kick it'll start".........but no.  Rest.  Kick some more.  Meanwhile my buddy on his electric start Honda (with built-in rubber boots over the tops of the carbs) had been waiting, engine idling nicely after one push of his "start" button.  He then turned his bike off to wait while I kept kicking.  Finally I wised up and drained the water out of the carbs.  They had threaded drain plugs on the bottom of each one just for that purpose, but I didn't know that they would get so full of water as to actually need draining.  Gas all over my fingers and the motor but it worked.  I decided that day that:  1. Electric starting is a good thing, and 2. If I ever left the Triumph out in the rain again just go ahead and drain the carbs the next day before even trying to start it.

Ahhh, the good (??) old days.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 09:02:56 AM by RedFXR2 »

RedFXR2

« Reply #274 on: December 18, 2008, 09:00:16 AM »

Thanks for the pic.  Now that's a nice custom paint/flame job.  Just enough detail and complexity to be definitely "custom" without going overboard with too much stuff going on.  Some custom paint jobs look like a demo panel for a painter--all kinds of techniques and colors and stuff on display but the end result is lacking coordination.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #275 on: December 18, 2008, 09:40:24 AM »

Thanks for the pic.  Now that's a nice custom paint/flame job.  Just enough detail and complexity to be definitely "custom" without going overboard with too much stuff going on.  Some custom paint jobs look like a demo panel for a painter--all kinds of techniques and colors and stuff on display but the end result is lacking coordination.

Thanks again Mike! :2vrolijk_21:

You nailed my thought process. Freddy and I discussed it in detail. We worked the theme around the original tank badges. The gold checkered flag was a surprise because we discussed a standard B&W checkered flag. He thought it would look better in gold. He did it without asking what I thought, and would have redone it if I didn't like it. But he was spot on. The whole thing came out nice this way! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedFXR2

« Reply #276 on: December 18, 2008, 11:16:57 AM »

We worked the theme around the original tank badges. The gold checkered flag was a surprise because we discussed a standard B&W checkered flag. He thought it would look better in gold. He did it without asking what I thought, and would have redone it if I didn't like it. But he was spot on. The whole thing came out nice this way! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Not to beat this to death but it's obvious that some thought went into this.  First, notice how the leading angle of the flame outline incorporates the spreading angles of the bar and shield logo, top and bottom.  And the gold ghost checkerboard uses the gold from the B&S lettering.  I suppose black and white checkerboard would have looked okay, but using gold ties the paint with the badge perfectly.  These are elements that make a painter an artist as well as a technician, and what I admire in custom paint jobs.  Where the whole package works together and nothing looks "tacked on" as an afterthought or a mis-match.

I can't even draw a stick man, myself, but I can appreciate artistic skill in others. ;D

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #277 on: December 18, 2008, 12:06:12 PM »

Not to beat this to death but it's obvious that some thought went into this.  First, notice how the leading angle of the flame outline incorporates the spreading angles of the bar and shield logo, top and bottom.  And the gold ghost checkerboard uses the gold from the B&S lettering.  I suppose black and white checkerboard would have looked okay, but using gold ties the paint with the badge perfectly.  These are elements that make a painter an artist as well as a technician, and what I admire in custom paint jobs.  Where the whole package works together and nothing looks "tacked on" as an afterthought or a mis-match.

I can't even draw a stick man, myself, but I can appreciate artistic skill in others. ;D

well described.  when I looked at it i got this impression ... movement, even though the bike is standing still .... I don't always get that with flame jobs

where these flames start is perfect.  it's as though the bike was moving so fast, that the leading edge of the tank got so hot that this is where it burst into open fire...... and because of the shape of them, it shows that it is burning around the b&s badge

NICELY DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #278 on: December 18, 2008, 12:45:14 PM »

Thanks guys! Glad ya'll like it too! I especially like the "fast" part you described Mikey! ;D

And Mike, you really have a good eye for things "artistic" I see! My overall idea, but Freddy put the idea into paint. No way could I have given the art to him, only the concept! :2vrolijk_21: ;)

Hoist! 8)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #279 on: December 18, 2008, 02:03:27 PM »

Hey those are the shocks you have been talking about would love to see them closer up....

ummmm ".....LB Hoist Bobber project, which starts when Cybil and the 4-speed (I still call it that) are done*!......"

*LOL "done" now that is FUNNY.....VERY FUNNY.......if you are ever "done" then AMERICA STOPS and THIS WEBSITE SHUTS DOWN, PERIOD....LOL.....

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 02:19:09 PM by FXR2evo99 »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #280 on: December 18, 2008, 02:22:44 PM »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #281 on: December 18, 2008, 02:24:00 PM »

Hey those are the shocks you have been talking about would love to see them closer up....

ummmm ".....LB Hoist Bobber project, which starts when Cybil and the 4-speed (I still call it that) are done*!......"

*LOL "done" now that is FUNNY.....VERY FUNNY.......if you are ever "done" then AMERICA STOPS and THIS WEBSITE SHUTS DOWN, PERIOD....LOL.....

Regards,

Tim

Ask and you shall receive Tim!!! :2vrolijk_21:

This thread is on the bitubos and shows some good closeups of them on my SERK. The pic here is right after they arrived for the SERK. Everything in that thread would apply to bitubos for other swinarm bikes as well. ;)

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=13951.msg255877#msg255877

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #282 on: December 22, 2008, 03:23:20 PM »

I know how ya'll LOVE Evo's, so here's the link to my reborn '85A FXWG COMPLETED New Bike!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hope youze like it! Enjoy all the pics! :2vrolijk_21:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=21806.msg507659#msg507659

Hoist! 8)

elvislee

« Reply #283 on: December 22, 2008, 05:03:06 PM »

While I'm thinking of it. Me and grandkids were at the HD shop Friday and I laid my eyes on a stock (except for Corbin tour seat with backrest) 1992 FXRT dressed out. Was the first one I ever seen. Didn't have my camera but took a couple of pics on the cell phone cam but gotta figure how to post them.

The owner came out while I was taking pics and said he bought it new and has ridden it to sturgis a few times amongest other places across the country. Didn't get a lot of info as he was in a hurry; but a fine looking machine....Below pic is not the one but very close.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 05:05:08 PM by elvislee »

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #284 on: December 22, 2008, 09:23:37 PM »

Talked with the guys at the shop and the FXRS is purring like a kitten again. The liner in the gas tank is coming apart so that had to be cleaned up. The indy shop I took her to last year folded the manifold gasket which cause a leak and all sorts of problems. (This guys supposed to be the "expert" on older Harley's) So the restoration continues!

As we got a couple of brothers here that live and breath FXR, I'm looking for some suggestions. I looked over the handlebars you guys have put on your scooters. They look great. I'm concerned they will not work for me as my ol' 84 does not have pull back risers and the handlebar bracket holds the gauges. What bars would you suggest that will give decent pullback and rise leaving the gauges where they are? I'm not into apes...no offense, just not me!

JW
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.