Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wiring Route for Küryakyn Side-Mounted Plate??  (Read 3469 times)

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
Wiring Route for Küryakyn Side-Mounted Plate??
« on: March 26, 2013, 10:01:17 AM »

For those of you that have installed the Kuryakyn side palte mount, what precise wiring route did you use?  Mine should arrive today or tomm and looking forward to installing it (don't want to pay for installation if I don't have to).  Please include any pics if you would.  Appreciate any help.

EDIT:  Did find this from Z06  "they pulled the existing plate wire out of the left side fender support, ran it down the back of the upper swingarm, around the back of the axle, and down the back of the lower swingarm.  The only thing visible are two small black zip ties on the upper swingarm, and one them is at the very top of it, so it's hard to notice....a very clean job..."
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 03:17:19 PM by Dobeman2000 »

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Wiring Route for Küryakyn Side-Mounted Plate??
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 10:42:14 AM »

My question is what do you do about the space left from the license plate mount on the blake light/signal?  Wouldn't it be sorter?

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 11:10:44 AM »

I think this was addressed by Z06- I think he said that after taking the plate off the original spot, the turn signal is now of equal distance to the turn signal on the right side of the bike.  So, instead of it being further away (as it comes from the factory), the turn signal is now equal in distance to the turn signal on the right.

My question is what do you do about the space left from the license plate mount on the blake light/signal?  Wouldn't it be sorter?

Carbon 60

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 01:32:01 PM »

It will Be shorter after removing the side license plate mount from the Left Rear Turn Signal.

You must order a new T.S mount for that side. It's Harley Part #67800224. (same number as the one on the Right side)
(This Part is currently on back order till April 1 according to my dealer)
This will make Both Turn Signal equal distance from the fender.

Hope this Helps,
Garr

OXMP

• Loud Pipes Save Lives!

• CVO1: 2013 CVO BreakOut Silver
    • CVO2: 1999 FX-DWG
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 03:09:34 PM »

I purchased one at Warrs London for my bike a couple of weeks ago. Havent fitted the wiring yet so Im also keen to see a picture once installed on one of your bikes. I plan to remove the original number plate fitting and light currently fitted to the rear fender. I hadnt thought of using that wiring to take it to the new number plate (side) ... so good idea! Thanks

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 03:14:12 PM »

This is a quote from Z06, who has the same set up as I have ordered:

"  All they did was remove the plate mount which was between the left blinker and the left strut.  Now the distance from the left blinker to the left strut and the distances from the right blinker to the right strut are identical....Not sure if I am missing something?

Actually, there is no spacer that I can see between either blinker and where they mount onto the struts..."

It will Be shorter after removing the side license plate mount from the Left Rear Turn Signal.

You must order a new T.S mount for that side. It's Harley Part #67800224. (same number as the one on the Right side)
(This Part is currently on back order till April 1 according to my dealer)
This will make Both Turn Signal equal distance from the fender.

Hope this Helps,
Garr

Carbon 60

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 03:33:14 PM »

This is a quote from Z06, who has the same set up as I have ordered:

"  All they did was remove the plate mount which was between the left blinker and the left strut.  Now the distance from the left blinker to the left strut and the distances from the right blinker to the right strut are identical....Not sure if I am missing something?

Actually, there is no spacer that I can see between either blinker and where they mount onto the struts..."

Can you imagine HD selling a $26000.00 Bike that has one turn signal sticking out farther than the opposite side?
It will never happen.

http://www.shopronniesharleydavidson.com/OEMpartfinder.htm

Here's a hot link to All parts Manuals. Find the 2013 Breakout and look for the "Rear Turn Signals".
You will see the Left Rear Mount has a different Part Number than the Right Rear Mount.
The reason is because the left one is shorter so it has space for the License Plate Filler (that attaches the Plate Mount) to be in between the TS mount and the fender strut.
Or the Left Turn Signal Mount has the License plate mount incorporated into it. In either case if removed you will need a different Mount for that Left Rear Turn Signal for it to be equal distance from the fender strut.

Maybe this will clear this up.
Ask Z06 if the dealer returned the old parts to him after installing the Axle Mount.
If I'm correct one of those parts should be the Left Rear Turn Signal Mount. If they didn't return the parts then they swapped him for the new Left Mount they used.

Hope this helps,
Garr
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 04:03:44 PM by Carbon 60 »

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 04:07:26 PM »

This does help, and you are probably correct and they simply swapped out the parts.  I will do a price check on the additional signal part- hopefully not too expensive.

Can you imagine HD selling a $26000.00 Bike that has one turn signal sticking out farther than the opposite side?
It will never happen.

http://www.shopronniesharleydavidson.com/OEMpartfinder.htm

Here's a hot link to All parts Manuals. Find the 2013 Breakout and look for the "Rear Turn Signals".
You will see the Left Rear Mount has a different Part Number than the Right Rear Mount.
The reason is because the left one is shorter so it has space for the License Plate Filler (that attaches the Plate Mount) to be in between the TS mount and the fender strut.
Or the Left Turn Signal Mount has the License plate mount incorporated into it. In either case if removed you will need a different Mount for that Left Rear Turn Signal for it to be equal distance from the fender strut.

Maybe this will clear this up.
Ask Z06 if the dealer returned the old parts to him after installing the Axle Mount.
If I'm correct one of those parts should be the Left Rear Turn Signal Mount. If they didn't return the parts then they swapped him for the new Left Mount they used.

Hope this helps,
Garr

Carbon 60

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 04:15:05 PM »

This does help, and you are probably correct and they simply swapped out the parts.  I will do a price check on the additional signal part- hopefully not too expensive.

The TS mount is about $20 with a small Discount.
Garr

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 08:47:59 AM »

Carbon 60,

Found the turn signal part  and ordered from kutterharleyonline- they give about an 18% discount and free shipping when over $100- ordered a slotted shifter linkage too that I had wanted.  I see I will need to remove the fender strut, cut the wire down and run it down the swing arm with zip ties.  Hopefully removing the turn signal assembly won't be too difficult, just a pain in the ass.  Had put the sissy bar on and hadn't planned on removing it, but obviously that will have to be done.  Still, better than paying for everything and taking the bike in (also get the personal satisfaction of doing it myself).  Thanks for the heads up on the part number-saved me quite a bit of confusion.

The TS mount is about $20 with a small Discount.
Garr

OXMP

• Loud Pipes Save Lives!

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 11:34:41 AM »

Hi Dobemann 2000

If you wouldnt mind please post a picture/s of your bike with the sissy bar fitted? Im keen to order for a ride Im doing down to Africa Bike Week in a few weeks time, but sceptical of what the Harley Chopper will look like with a sissy bar fitted. I alaready have the panniers for the BreakOut and this may have to suffice. Thanks ! Matt

RedMoon

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE 3
    • CVO2: 2013 FXSBSE
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 01:07:48 PM »

Hi Dobemann 2000

If you wouldnt mind please post a picture/s of your bike with the sissy bar fitted? Im keen to order for a ride Im doing down to Africa Bike Week in a few weeks time, but sceptical of what the Harley Chopper will look like with a sissy bar fitted. I alaready have the panniers for the BreakOut and this may have to suffice. Thanks ! Matt
    have a look at this one    http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=82098.0

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 02:43:24 PM »

Does the picture from red moon take care of you, or would you like me to take a picture of mine?

Hi Dobemann 2000

OXMP

• Loud Pipes Save Lives!

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 04:04:57 PM »

Thanks RedMoon ... perfect. No need to re-post Dobemann200.
I must say Im really enjoying the comraderie in this forum. Its my first time in a Harley web-forum and its quite refreshing. I guess it confirms the culture aqnd life-style we are buying into when making this investment ... thanks chaps

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 10:09:57 PM »

Thanks RedMoon ... perfect. No need to re-post Dobemann200.
I must say Im really enjoying the comraderie in this forum. Its my first time in a Harley web-forum and its quite refreshing. I guess it confirms the culture aqnd life-style we are buying into when making this investment ... thanks chaps

I agree, everyone helps each other out really well on this forum and there are none of the harsh judgements of other's choices that you see on the other forums(well, not yet anyway!). 
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.