Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Passenger Floorboard Question  (Read 11111 times)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
Re: Passenger Floorboard Question
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2007, 12:06:30 PM »

What, and wait until June, 09 Nige? ::) Since there's no guaranty that there'll be a SERK in '08, I'd take what I can get. So far, I'm exteremly happy with this bike. With whatever issues they might have, anything can be corrected and made better than we get them stock. It's a Harley. We never leave them alone anyway! ;) Hoist! 8)

I'm not really considering cancelling it, but it just keeps pi***ng me off that every month they seem to knock the delivery back further.

The bike was ordered last year, as soon as they announced that they were going to produce a SERK, and a requested delivery of February was asked for so that I could register it on the 1st March. Now it looks like the bike won't be here until the end of June and my major trips of the year will be done.

I hope the MoCo's CVO plant are just covering their bases and that I will see the bike before the stated date.

:nixweiss:

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2007, 12:10:29 PM »

Nige...it's unlikely they will make significant changes to the SERK for 08.  Since it's a touring platform, they are not likely to put a fatter tire on the back like they did on the 06 SEFB and 06 SEVROD, you know they're not going to do anything to the engines after just one year of production.  There might be some cosmetic changes, but nothing earth shattering.  That's just my opinion, as nobody really knows what the hell they might do.

I tend to agree with you TC. I can't see any more major changes being made for 08 so no point in waiting. Besides I really like the CACO SERK that I have ordered.

Having said that there was a rumour that they may produce an RK with a 230 section rear and a 1200cc water cooled power plant kicking out 125bhp in it's stock format !

Ha

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2007, 12:21:10 PM »

New clock. How do you like the placement of the SE plaque?

Howie,
I feel better now that I saw you had done the same.  I put one in the same place last fall.  It is definitely a needed item. I need to do something about that naked transmission cover as well.  Any ideas?  I think we got short changed there.  Have you noticed the SE transmission upgrade kit in the P&A catalog?  Do you think we have that since it doesn't show that it is available for the SERK?

Inquiring minds want to know... and spend!

:2vrolijk_21:
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2007, 05:31:51 AM »

New clock. How do you like the placement of the SE plaque?

I own that decal for almost two years. Each time I am trying to fit it onto one of the bikes, I walk away with the decal still wrapped. It seems "too much" whereever one might want to put it. For the SERK I have even added the Fork Lock Cover PN # 71790-05 for a cleaner look.

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2007, 08:03:12 AM »

I own that decal for almost two years. Each time I am trying to fit it onto one of the bikes, I walk away with the decal still wrapped. It seems "too much" whereever one might want to put it. For the SERK I have even added the Fork Lock Cover PN # 71790-05 for a cleaner look.

Same here.  I waited until HD came back out with theirs.  They used to make them then stopped.  This is a case of the aftermarket part not being as well designed.  Many of the lock covers require the key to be filed down a bit.  I had no issues.  Also the previous version swivels as opposed to ours which flip up.  There is not a lot of clearance between the console and the riser cover. 

I have no passenger peg issues.  The wife won't ride.   :drink:

My buddie's wife likes to ride so much (on the back) that it cuts into "man time".
 :apple: :jalapeno: :mango: :bananarock: :orange: :pepper: :pineapple: :cucumber:
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2007, 07:02:46 PM »

Howie,
I feel better now that I saw you had done the same.  I put one in the same place last fall.  It is definitely a needed item. I need to do something about that naked transmission cover as well.  Any ideas?  I think we got short changed there.  Have you noticed the SE transmission upgrade kit in the P&A catalog?  Do you think we have that since it doesn't show that it is available for the SERK?

Inquiring minds want to know... and spend!

:2vrolijk_21:

Sorry I didn't notice this before. It appears that the Screaming Eagle 6-speed is different than the '06 Dyna/'07 Models standard 6-speed transmissions. That's a nice cover in the catalog, but for 300 bucks they can keep it. And they don't even throw in the gasket! ::) I liked the old ribbed ones on the 5-speeds. I was disappointed when they changed that. Why don't you see about getting it engraved with the SE logo? ;)

And I did have to file both keys for them to work with the fork lock cover.

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 07:04:23 PM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.