Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Procharger  (Read 4595 times)

tridentgeoff

Procharger
« on: November 13, 2007, 01:56:38 PM »

Anyone out there fitted or is contemplating fitting the Procharger Intercooled Supercharger system to a CVO 110 Ultra, bike is a 2007 with SE air filter, Supertrap 2:1 with a Powercommander.
Just asking the question, seen it fitted to a 103 in Hot Bagger.
Looks like an inexpensive :D way of getting loads more power rather than changing cams etc.

Any info would be usefull :orange:
2007 CVO Ultra
2005 Street Rod (Black)
1995 Triumph 900 Triple (Hinkley)
1974 Triumph 750 Triple (Meriden)
If you can't ride it, chuck it.

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Procharger
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 06:39:31 AM »

Anyone out there fitted or is contemplating fitting the Procharger Intercooled Supercharger system to a CVO 110 Ultra, bike is a 2007 with SE air filter, Supertrap 2:1 with a Powercommander.
Just asking the question, seen it fitted to a 103 in Hot Bagger.
Looks like an inexpensive :D way of getting loads more power rather than changing cams etc.

Any info would be usefull :orange:

i wouldnt consider it with the factory lower end. you also have to be very picky about compression/ cam selection. yep, done correctly, and with consevative boost, you are correct---------------big gains for the  buck!

check this
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/harleyturbos.htm

springer-

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 1981 FXSS
    • CVO2: 1983 FXRT
    • Big Boyz Head Porting
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 11:21:16 AM »

I think you will find that a majority of its power is at the top end since it needs RPM's to make boost.  The dyno graphs I have seen all seems to show this.  The problem is when exceeding 6200 RPM or boosting an engine, forged pistons should really be a consideration.  As Dennis also states, the stock lower end probably isn't going to like it for long.  At the very least welded and trued flywheels and a timkin conversion would be in order.  I also don't know if I would call it cheap power at more than $5000 for the system and probably another $1500-$2000 in engine work to make it bullet proof.

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 12:33:42 PM »

springer, as always, you have a valid argument. let me say this however, there are lots of guys out there spending over 7000 to build a motor that hammers itself with compression, has to spin pretty high to make hp, and runs on the raggedy edge of reliabilty. knowing the crank needs welding and timken anyway , why not add turbo and only beat your engine when you wanna rip on it, instead of it beating itself to death the whole time it is running?  while off-boost, you would have a docile engine that would lumber along forever, on-boost, woooo-doggy!

not a turbo expert, but have been considering turbo for awhile. its something to stir the grey matter anyway! just dont let bean put one on the klr. its dangerous enough already. lol

wts

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG crush
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 08:31:30 PM »

I thought it was a good idea   ...   put it on stock motor with stock exhaust   ...    can build stronger later after I have a better guess as to what it will need
someday- today-will be the good old days

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 08:48:54 PM »

I thought it was a good idea   ...   put it on stock motor with stock exhaust   ...    can build stronger later after I have a better guess as to what it will need

Can you change the oil filter without having to remove anything?

wts

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 09:29:56 PM »

no problem

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 12:51:47 AM »

Tell us more? 
How do you like it? 
Any dyno runs? 
Have you had to buy new shirts because your arms are getting longer?
Did you drill the CC? 

wts

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 07:15:17 AM »

I had it put on by Gary Chipp at Fatbaggers   ...   and was dyno tuned by Wayne Hansen at Speeds   ...   didn't change anything else on the motor   ...   drilled out the cat

and left the stock pipes   ...   very quiet except the rattle from the super charger itself

wts

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 07:26:08 AM »

I also have a 05 SEEG with a built motor   ...   the SERG is more fun to ride and seems to have more power, although the SEEG may be misleading since it is very loud   ...

the SERG pulls real strong all the way to the rev limiter (6400)  ...   and you  have to be careful about quick shifting above 5000 rpm as the front end tends to extend

the shocks beyond their limit   

wts

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 07:44:25 AM »

I also have a custom that one of my employees and myself built (mostly him)   ...   it's a daytec goliath frame with a TP121   ...    all three bikes are quick   ...

but as you get older (which I did a long time ago) the baggers seem to ride better   ...   the older you get the more "stuff" you have carry hence the bagger

the other side

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 12:28:50 PM »

Thanks wts, great info.  I'm sure there will be lot's more questions!!

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

wts

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 12:45:36 PM »

I wanted to answer better the last time you ask about the install but I'm not very good with a computer so I didn't

on line you can google "procharger install on fat boy" and it gives step by step instructions with pictures

thx

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 01:12:24 PM »

I had it put on by Gary Chipp at Fatbaggers   ...   and was dyno tuned by Wayne Hansen at Speeds   ...   didn't change anything else on the motor   ...   drilled out the cat

and left the stock pipes   ...   very quiet except the rattle from the super charger itself

Holy crap! Really nice man! With stock cams and pipes though? To each their own I guess. I hope that crank holds up for ya. Good luck with it, and welcome to this great site! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 08:17:25 PM »

wts,
Have been thinking of doing that to my Street Bob, just has Stage 1
stuff to it.
Would you recommend? 
Do you do any riding up 24 towards Swansboro, NC?  My wife and I frequent the
Wrightsville Beach area quite often and will let you know the next time.
Thanks for the scoop.

TimBone

wts

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 08:40:11 PM »

I have a sister just out of Beaufort   ...    so yes I do get that way

if your down toward wilmington give us a holler

Godeater

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2001 ScreaminEagle Road Glide Blk/Sil
    • Radical Cycle
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 12:25:54 AM »

I have a 06 Road Glide with stock 88 and procharger on it, making 136 hp and 110tq.  Taking it off. Customer, who is good friend, likes the idea but hates the noise.  This is also a FBI built bike and they do a ok job, but they left the wastegate hanging right under the unit, and with no extention on the exhaust side so when you go off throttle all the boost as well as noise comes out right beside your leg. This makes long trips very hard to take, as well as riding on his left side as i did on the way back from sturgis this year.  Didn't last long had to hang back a ways.  Check your filter, bet its smashed in the air cleaner, looks like the element they use is larger the the enclosure.  Once you smash it they tend to not hold shape and stay in place btw.  Also has a complant about the bike being very heavy to the left.  I would agree.  Between the huge primary and belt setup, the charger, and the fact that there is a 5/8 to 3/4 inch off set for clearence, and the 200mm Fatbagger rear tire it rides like a older long chopper with a fat back tire.  We only got down to the compancator tonight, but its huge, very long and looks like it would make allot of pressure on the crank since the inner belt for the charger rides about 3-4 inchs out from the primary chain.  Oh there is another thought, looks to me like you have to remove the whole setup to replace the chain, or the drive belt if you brake it with all this power.  They also space out the floor board of course on that side adding to the weight hanging out there.  I will see if I can get some pics before we get it all tore off.  We are doing him up with a stroker 103, forged crank and pistons, and the heads are headed to R&R to get a stage 5 rework done.  Larger throttle body and 585 cams so far.  As well as replacing the all the primary parts and outer cover. Oh and air cleaner too.  Bike has no low end, none.  And it comes on after 5000 and you can hardly help but hit the rev limiter.  We will see how it turns out.  Btw the Procharger setup is for sale, has less then 4000 miles on it.  $3000 and he might take less.  Let me know if you are intrested.
2001 FLTRISE2 103 Stroker
Screamin Eagle Forged Stroker Crank
Screamin Eagle Forged Stroker Pistons 5 Over
Stock Jugs 5 Over
Polished and Ported Stock Heads
Manly Titanium Springs 640 Lift
Manly Stainless Valves
Screamin Eagle Cam Plate and High Flo Pump
S&S 585 Gear Drives
Horse Power Inc. 51mm Intake with Screamin Eagle 25 deg Injectors 62 psi Fuel Reg
Power Commander III USB
Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather
D&D Fatcat Stand Baffle
Baker OD6 speed
Lowered 2 inchs
Danny Grey Seat

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 10:20:01 AM »

Thanks for the scoop on the ProCharger,
Would be interested in those photos too if you take any.
TimBone

tridentgeoff

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 09:13:34 AM »

How are you getting on with the Procharger? :P
What sort of numbers are you getting from the Dyno? :orange:
I now have a Procharger arrive from the US and will be fitting this winter, any advice or tips would be much appreciated.
Most importantly has it caused any problems? :orange:

Geoff
2007 CVO Ultra
2005 Street Rod (Black)

wts

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 11:03:37 AM »

Geoff,

I love the procharger !

My bike is a stock 09 110"   ...   it is smooth   ...   pulls like a train all the way to the rev limiter   ...   and is a hoot to ride, especially on the high way   ...   the dyno run shows a straight line for both hp and tq   ...   130hp   
122tq

by the way, I also have a 05 SEEG 103"   ...   the engine is worked up to 127hp and 120tq   ...   their is no comparison in the feel in the seat   ...   the procharger on the highway will run away

even if the engine doesn't last as long   ...   don't know if it will or not   ...   I would do it again anyway

tridentgeoff

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 05:07:46 AM »

Thanks for the info, lookig forward to having some fun with mine.
As for engine life I supose it's like any other tune, bepends on the quality of the unit and how hard you ride it. There again with this much power it must lead to a very lazy ride on a big tourer until you need it.
How many miles on the motor since fitting the Procharger?

Geoff
2007 CVO Ultra
2005 Street Rod (Black)

JMS

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FXSTSSE3 Black and Green
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 08:15:49 AM »

Very Nice...
Let us know how it holds up

wts

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 07:18:14 PM »

I think this is right   ...   if it shows up
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 21 queries.