Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Corbin or Mustang Solo seat  (Read 11098 times)

bikerbehaviorist

• Full CVO Member
Re: Corbin or Mustang Solo seat
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 10:02:56 PM »

Phone reply was MUCH better - weather permitting next Friday  :huepfenjump3:
Thinking about the works heat.... grab bar and back rest is a MUST

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 10:17:57 PM »

Phone reply was MUCH better - weather permitting next Friday  :huepfenjump3:
Thinking about the works heat.... grab bar and back rest is a MUST
Which of thier seats are you considering? I've been eyeballing them myself!!  :confused5:

bikerbehaviorist

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 11:48:41 PM »

Classic Solo  for 2008 H-D CVO Roadking FLHRSE
http://www.corbin.com/harley/king/hdrkcvo8se.shtml

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2008, 01:24:02 AM »

Keep us posted on the progress/results, and pictures of the new seat are a must!!  I think you will be pleased with the result, and your butt will thank you too!! :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

sgtbuck

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2008, 12:30:02 PM »

I am looking at the same corbin and plan to ride down from Benicia, Ca to get mine done. We should hook up and ride down together.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 12:34:33 PM by sgtbuck »

bikerbehaviorist

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2008, 01:07:21 PM »

I'm from Benicia too :) email me with your phone #!

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2008, 01:21:25 PM »

Hope you can take some pics and share. I'd like to see a better view on the fit and look.

Thanks,

Howie

bikerbehaviorist

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2008, 11:30:11 PM »

So I went to Corbin today   :)  It has been kinda a long day so I will write up more info tomorrow - maybe a real review  - I am very happy!! For now here are some pics.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2008, 11:31:42 PM »

So I went to Corbin today   :)  It has been kinda a long day so I will write up more info tomorrow - maybe a real review  - I am very happy!! For now here are some pics.

very nice!!  Lookin good!!!   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2008, 07:50:56 AM »

Looks very nice and comfortable. Great ride and color if I must say....

Mike K.
kona76
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

bikerbehaviorist

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2008, 05:14:01 PM »

OK here goes I am not a journalist

Experience at Corbin
When I first got there, the person helping me greeted me said he was expecting me and had me bring in my bike. He then said he had his 10 minute break at that time and just sort of left me there. Lucky, that there was there a cafe right there and the cold and beginning to get a little grumpy, Mike got to get some coffee in him ::). Once off his break Gustavo was very knowledgeable. There was no problem watching how he put the hardware on or any of the process for that matter. Fitting the seat was easy. I sat on the pan and he asked me how it felt. I thought that the sides were too wide and rubbing my thighs too much. Gustavo said that shaving that off would compromise the support the seat gave and asked if I felt this while in the riding position or just with feet down. Since it was the latter we left the seat alone. I also felt I needed a little more padding in the back of the seat to accommodate my fat butt. Again, Gustavo felt that too much there would not be supported by the base plate so very little but some was added. A couple of rides around the building and was ready to go. When it came time to pick the material, I thought I would like the bumpy material down the middle of the seat that is pictured on the Corbin web site. In person however, it was too different from the snake skin that is on the bags and stock seat of my bike. So I went with smooth leather all around. I was shown several types of pipping, braided, smooth, a couple of colors that did not match the blue or silver of the bike, but chose to not have any. Mostly because the pipping would be where I felt the seat was already a bit too wide. Then came the choice of pattern and thread. There was really only the one pattern at first and then Gustavo mentioned some others but did not draw them - I liked the first and was beginning to feel a little overwhelmed with choices. Then  the toughest choice, I almost went with a blue thread that was very close to the lighter blue in the paint job on the SERK. I was worried however that it might be a little too busy so went with black. There was also a choice of which back rest and I went with the full the one's with the holes in them look like toilet seats to me... but to each his/her own. I got a decent but not great breakfast for free and a nice tour of the factory where the N. California rep. tried to sell me a fairing that he says they are doing an excellent job of matching the screaming eagle paint ghost flames and all, but he did not have one to show me. He said they are also offering this with an inner fairing with Hogtunes audio. I did not see this on there web page... I am broke and not really sure I want a fairing, but it sounds like it would be very nice.

The Seat
The hour and a half ride home was very comfortable. It is hard to describe, but I feel like I am in the seat and it is supporting me rather than just sitting on the bike. I think it moved me forward slightly, but not enough to have to change pegs or the bars. Several times I thought wow is this  comfy or what! The workmanship on the seat is from what I can see outstanding. The stitching is all fantastic the leather is very supple an feels good. Oh yeah I got all leather on the seat, Gustavo said to me do you want all leather and no vinyl? I said yes and then asked about durability, he replied that it would be just as durable if not more so with the leather.
So I went for it at no extra cost  8) People I talk to say the seat should become even more comfortable as I break it in - sounds great to me  :orange: My one and only complaint was that the heated seat even on low was very hot. At one point I pulled off just so I could look at where the switch was and be safe about reaching for it while riding. Once I did that I would get hot and then turn it off and then back on when needed. I wonder if I can wire it to my heat controller for  my heated clothing? Or maybe put a resistor in line to the hot side and have less juice going into those heating coils.

Hope this was informative and helpful ask questions and I will do my best to answer them. Also thinking about getting this to go on the back
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448769911&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302287433&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302287433&bmUID=1201990309632&bmLocale=en_US&CART_ITEM%3C%3Egrg_ast_id=2534374302287433&CART_ITEM%3C%3Egrg_folder_id=2534374302287433&CART_ITEM%3C%3Egrg_grh_id=8727923303703052&CART_ITEM%3C%3Egrg_id=3620248&CART_ITEM%3C%3Egrg_sku_id=1689949378924620&CART_ITEM%3C%3EqtyDesired=1&CART_ITEM%3C%3EqtyReceived=0&CART_ITEM%3C%3Estatus_cd=A&CART_POSITION=3&CART_LIST=GIFT_REGISTRY_LINE_ARRAY&QTY_UPDATE_RETURN_PAGE=%2Fwishlist%2Fwl_listing.jsp
 Oh I also love how I can see the paint on the fender now, but I am thinking of the rack because I commute on the bike and have to carry stuff so...
Let me know what you think

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2008, 05:50:10 PM »

The seat looks great!!  Glad you had a good experience at the Corbin shop.  Once the seat gets broken in, it will be even more comfy...takes a few hundred miles to get it broken in to fit your butt.  You will not regret this purchase, I don't believe.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

sgtbuck

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2008, 07:33:53 PM »

Just got back from Corbin with my new seat. After meeting with Mike (bikerbehaviorist) the other day and checking out his seat I was sold. I got the classic solo with pillion and back rest, smooth black leather with a rougher black leather in the middle.

sgtbuck

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2008, 07:34:50 PM »

another

sgtbuck

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2008, 07:35:54 PM »

another
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 20 queries.