Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: simple question  (Read 4154 times)

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
simple question
« on: November 03, 2014, 03:46:36 PM »

V&H dresser duals or power duals.  I have narrowed it down to those two..  I have taken into consideration all of the good feedback that I have gotten on the fullsac and others and really appreciate it but it is tough to move away from the V&H product when I already committed to the Hi Output slipons.

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
Re: simple question
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 04:07:53 PM »

Wow... I thought I would be getting killed by now for this decision... LOL :nixweiss:

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 04:17:21 PM »

They must all be offline he he. I went with the dressers as I think they have a cleaner look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

Delta

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 04:45:42 PM »

This is the second bike that I have had the dresser duals on. The last bike I had I went with Fuel Moto 2-1-2 which is similar to the Power Duals. The only reason my current ride has the dresser duals is because they were already installed. Personally I would have preferred the power duals as they are a bit quieter and easier to tune IMO (though they don't look as nice).

2011 FLHTCUSE6, Fullsac Sportpipe, Stock CVO Mufflers, Oil bypass vented, Power Vision

In Memory of Chappy

LN Nation

• Full CVO Member
  • God Bless Chesty Puller
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 04:48:29 PM »

Power Duals. I can't stand the though of giving up even the least bit of power.
2013 FLHRSE5
Fullsac Headers
Fullsac CVO Baffles
TTS Mastertune

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 04:49:00 PM »

Why are they easier to tune.  Looks like I will use the SERT.

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 05:09:19 PM »

Power Duals. I can't stand the though of giving up even the least bit of power.

That's what I hear a lot.  That said thought she actually has enough power to me as it stands.  I want the heat gone and maybe a better sound.  I think I will still improve the performance with either..

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 07:35:25 PM »

I have the Dresser Duals. 1-2 points of power is worth the sound and look to me.

Tru duals have a Harely sound while 2-1-2's have a muscle car sound. Plus I'm not a big fan of having a big X on my bike.

But everybody like different things. :)
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 08:12:06 PM »

I have the Dresser Duals. 1-2 points of power is worth the sound and look to me.

Tru duals have a Harely sound while 2-1-2's have a muscle car sound. Plus I'm not a big fan of having a big X on my bike.

But everybody like different things. :)

I am thinking that I won't be able to feel a couple of HP difference when touring...  Are they much louder though?  Can you hear the tunes over them?  I have the Hi Output Slipons...

Delta

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 05:45:56 PM »

I am thinking that I won't be able to feel a couple of HP difference when touring...  Are they much louder though?  Can you hear the tunes over them?  I have the Hi Output Slipons...
I think they are louder. I had V&H Monster Rounds with the Dresser Duals. Sounded good but wore me down after some all day rides. The tunes were harder to hear. I put the stock mufflers on and am happy. Tunes are heard at all speeds, sound at idle will pass state inspection, and sounds good when cruising. Tinnitus has crept up on me over the years and have to wear custom fitted ear plugs. Did you save your stock mufflers?

The comment I made about some thinking they are difficult to tune has to do with different length headers, position of sensors and the lack of scavenging. I'm not an expert by any means. Just thought I'd put that out there for you to consider. Which ever way you go you will notice a reduction in heat. And plan on having to use a tuner. It's just to big a change for the ECM to compensate for.

2011 FLHTCUSE6, Fullsac Sportpipe, Stock CVO Mufflers, Oil bypass vented, Power Vision

In Memory of Chappy

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 08:14:58 PM »

The dresser duals will give up some torque to the power duals, maybe 2 or three pounds of torque.  You are already giving up torque with the Hi-Outputs, as they do not have enough back pressure to make good torque.

I had Hi-Outputs as I love the sound. It is a 2.50 baffle in them.  They made four less foot pounds of torque just about through the entire rpm range more noticeable down low than a 2.0 baffle same stock 09 CVO Road glide with no cat.

For some its all about sound, if so get what you like the sound of best.  For me, its all about performance. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 09:05:54 PM »

if you have a hundred ft pounds.. and give away 10 foot pounds thats 10 percent - right?

most folks would KILL for 10% more foot pounds...to add 5% more foot pounds is a pile of money and void the warranty.. and folks spend a pile of money and void the warranty for noise???

I'm am completely perplexed by folks who give up real power - for noise...  :-\

my hearing is bad enough - i want the damn thing completely quiet - i already can't understand my grand kids half the time

to

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 09:14:53 PM »

if you have a hundred ft pounds.. and give away 10 foot pounds thats 10 percent - right?

most folks would pay lots for 10% more foot pounds...to add 5% more foot pounds is a pile of money and void the warranty.. and folks spend a pile of money and void the warranty for noise???

I'm am completely perplexed by folks who give up real power - for noise...  :-\

my hearing is bad enough - i want the damn thing completely quiet - i already can't understand my grand kids half the time

to

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 09:05:16 AM »

So I read this on another HD site.  Will I actually lose power by upgrading the head pipes?  So freaking confusing...
"

Unless you are upgrading cams or anything above that you will lose power by changing the header on a 110. The stock header is dialed in so tight at HD you will lose both horsepower and torque if you change the header even if you use the SE tuner and dyno, just add slip ons to get the sound. I suggest the V&H monster rounds. The Hi-outputs eliminate back pressure rusulting in decreased torque. I've run many 110s on the dyno with full exhaust systems and slip ons win everytime. RJ /HD Master Tech"

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 06:43:07 AM »

So I read this on another HD site.  Will I actually lose power by upgrading the head pipes?  So freaking confusing...
"

Unless you are upgrading cams or anything above that you will lose power by changing the header on a 110. The stock header is dialed in so tight at HD you will lose both horsepower and torque if you change the header even if you use the SE tuner and dyno, just add slip ons to get the sound. I suggest the V&H monster rounds. The Hi-outputs eliminate back pressure rusulting in decreased torque. I've run many 110s on the dyno with full exhaust systems and slip ons win everytime. RJ /HD Master Tech"
You dyno tune it when you do this? Cool it off any?
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 20 queries.