Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: CVO Pet Peeve  (Read 15953 times)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
Re: CVO Pet Peeve
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 01:55:40 PM »

I guess non-motorcycle folk dont understand the unwrtten rules...

was the wife hot?  :jack:
+AGREE those people don't have a clue!!! And the moron that parked to close...well you can't fix stupid. "per Ron White"
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 02:12:53 PM »

CVO Pet Peeve ?

I ride into work this morning (4:00 am) , park the bike right up front, I park in the middle of the parking spot so not to be hit by doors and other such things. I just happen to be walking near where i parked the bike so i peak around a corner just to take a glance at Ziggy (my bikes name) .

I could not believe my eyes, a Gardner has a leaf blower near my bike and just blowing dirt,leaves,all around crap directly on my bike, not just a little bit, just blowing that chit all over it. I raise both my arms in the air and say "wtf". then all of a sudden another Gardner comes from around the other side of a car and starts blown chit all over the place. The guy sticks his index finger in the air ( he's got a great idea).

He walk closer to the bike an starts blowing the bike off. At this point I'm about to scream NO, but i turned and walked away, i go into the bathroom and throw water on my face.  I come out to see some differant guy standing there, thinking this might be a supervisor of some sores i walk up and ask. "you the patton" (boss) . He says no, I just kinda turn and start to walk away when he says " there not hurting your bike" , I said " you have got to be kidding" I could not believe he was serious.

I said something like " at least you could be a little more carefull" . Now here is the clincher , he tells me " If you didn't want us to blow dirt on your bike, you shouldn't of rode it in today" .  I almost punched him right there, I swear to you I have never held myself back that hard. This world has changed a lot from the day of respect others.

I get a ribbing about not always having a clean bike but this is just wrong !

Marty

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 02:14:30 PM by 110 Mofo »
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 02:49:15 PM »

Marty,
I learned something many years ago about people. Most just don't care about the results
of their actions.
I used to carry 16 penny nails in my handlebar bag. I would use them on the tires of the non-carring, it's all about me, I'm in a hurry and you don't count, Azzholes. Just put one in front and one in back of each of their tires. Made me warm and fuzzy all over!  :o
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

lucille

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 10:14:08 PM »

Last weekend we rode to a local hamburger / motorcycle joint..a guy came in riding a Honda 750 painted John Deere green with 16'' re- bar foot pegs welded to the frame.
The jerk put the stand down right on top of my bike!! I couldn't up right mine without moving his first.
The issue was, he had 40 acres to park............
;D

He was just showing you that he was the 'alpha male'........did you avert your eyes when he addressed you?
Hilarious thread....... :P
'92 FXRS Lowrider.....
'91 FXRT.....113 S&S...6 speed

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 10:42:12 PM »

;D

He was just showing you that he was the 'alpha male'........did you avert your eyes when he addressed you?

Hilarious?
It may be hilarious to you but I and many others take pride in our bikes and don't appreciate it when some inconsiderate dumb ass parks so close to our bike that we can't move without moving theirs first.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

knothead

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 R-Glide Orange & Black
    • CVO2: 2006 V-Rod Orange & Black
    • CVO3: 2006 V- Rod Destroyer Orange & Black
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 07:40:35 PM »

[/quote]

Alpha Male my ass...I just popped him in the nose, he was just a little punk.
Letz Ride

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 07:59:54 PM »

My pet peeve are people who think there chit don't stink. It really irritates me that people fly off the handle so easy when they think they have been intentionally wronged by someone who has no idea what they have done. Where has civility went? I rode some low cost two wheel transportation, before purchasing new motorcycles. I think we need to focus on things that really matter in life. Don't sweat the small things.  :coolblue:
Supershooter

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, 08:08:28 PM »

CVO Pet Peeve ?

I ride into work this morning (4:00 am) , park the bike right up front, I park in the middle of the parking spot so not to be hit by doors and other such things. I just happen to be walking near where i parked the bike so i peak around a corner just to take a glance at Ziggy (my bikes name) .

I could not believe my eyes, a Gardner has a leaf blower near my bike and just blowing dirt,leaves,all around crap directly on my bike, not just a little bit, just blowing that chit all over it. I raise both my arms in the air and say "wtf". then all of a sudden another Gardner comes from around the other side of a car and starts blown chit all over the place. The guy sticks his index finger in the air ( he's got a great idea).

He walk closer to the bike an starts blowing the bike off. At this point I'm about to scream NO, but i turned and walked away, i go into the bathroom and throw water on my face.  I come out to see some differant guy standing there, thinking this might be a supervisor of some sores i walk up and ask. "you the patton" (boss) . He says no, I just kinda turn and start to walk away when he says " there not hurting your bike" , I said " you have got to be kidding" I could not believe he was serious.

I said something like " at least you could be a little more carefull" . Now here is the clincher , he tells me " If you didn't want us to blow dirt on your bike, you shouldn't of rode it in today" .  I almost punched him right there, I swear to you I have never held myself back that hard. This world has changed a lot from the day of respect others.

Marty

I feel your pain Marty....

When I first got my promotion and moved to a differnt plant, I experienced the same thing.... it took me one conversation to get the team to either come to my office and let me know they are going to be blowing or weedeating... simple.. a tiny bit of courtesy... wow what a concept.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

lucille

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 10:28:02 PM »

Alpha Male my ass...I just popped him in the nose, he was just a little punk.

I'm guessing that you're the 'alpha male' now? :P
Guessing again....the 'little punk' wouldn't move his motorcycle when you respectfully asked him to?
Drama is cool.......... 8)
'92 FXRS Lowrider.....
'91 FXRT.....113 S&S...6 speed

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2011, 10:37:54 PM »

I would have beat his ass then called border patrol.

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • Random photos
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 04:15:06 PM »

My pet peeve are people who think there chit don't stink. It really irritates me that people fly off the handle so easy when they think they have been intentionally wronged by someone who has no idea what they have done. Where has civility went? I rode some low cost two wheel transportation, before purchasing new motorcycles. I think we need to focus on things that really matter in life. Don't sweat the small things.  :coolblue:
Supershooter

:soapbox:It is not that I think my chit is any different than anybody’s but...
 I have always respected others things, you just don't touch somebody’s car, bike, anything. It is not a matter of civility but common courtesy, if it’s not yours, don’t touch. You don't go putting your kids in a Lambo just because they have the roof open, the same should hold true for a motorcycle.
 I am not anywhere near as picky about my bike as some on this list but keep your grubs off of it, I will wash it when I am ready and if it has a scratch I want to be able to tell you how it got there. In this country of the PC it is now considered rude to demand courtesy, I disagree with that, I treat people with respect which includes their possessions, but I also demand that same treatment from others.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 04:47:27 PM »

:soapbox:It is not that I think my chit is any different than anybody’s but...
 I have always respected others things, you just don't touch somebody’s car, bike, anything. It is not a matter of civility but common courtesy, if it’s not yours, don’t touch. You don't go putting your kids in a Lambo just because they have the roof open, the same should hold true for a motorcycle.
 I am not anywhere near as picky about my bike as some on this list but keep your grubs off of it, I will wash it when I am ready and if it has a scratch I want to be able to tell you how it got there. In this country of the PC it is now considered rude to demand courtesy, I disagree with that, I treat people with respect which includes their possessions, but I also demand that same treatment from others.

:2vrolijk_21:  And if my bike is dirty....I certainly don't want some half wrapped nit wit scratching the clear coat by rubbing the dirt in.  But as I've learned in life.....some people have a fair amount of common sense and some have a little.  Then there are those............that don't have a lick of common sense.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 06:48:54 PM »

My pet peeve used to be having to get up to change the channels on the TV. Now that I have a remote, I just make up reasons to get mad.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

knothead

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 R-Glide Orange & Black
    • CVO2: 2006 V-Rod Orange & Black
    • CVO3: 2006 V- Rod Destroyer Orange & Black
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 07:28:51 PM »

My pet peeve used to be having to get up to change the channels on the TV. Now that I have a remote, I just make up reasons to get mad.

Now is a remote a new device for you guys in Kentucky hogbreath ???
Letz Ride

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2011, 11:46:31 AM »

CVO Pet Peeve ?

Marty

The saga continues  :zroflmao:

So one of the wussy azz saleman (stockbroker) decides he's going to buy an 04 fatboy (nice bike  :2vrolijk_21:)  that a big wig customer wants to get rid of. The saleman trailers it from Pasadena (maybe 20 miles away) to his house . He tells me he's goin to ride it into work (3 miles) today so I can check it out . I take a look this morning and asked if i can ride it (5:30 am). Parking lot is almost empty and I start riding like a pro, circles, first one way then another. Mark would be proud , then I rip up the parking lot, up one side then down the other. I laugh, told him "nice bike", come inside the office and go back to work. About a half an hour later some guy comes into the office and starts ripping into the people at the front of the office, saying " who the Hail was riding that loud azz harley this morning and woke me up. Then started threatening everybody, I mean anybody that was in sight.

Now the fun begins, I can't wait for the building mgmt to start with me. 

All I'm going to say is " blow some more dirt on my bike"

Marty  :zroflmao:

"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.275 seconds with 21 queries.