Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: Who Has A Trailer and Where? Refer to Post #1 for Excel List of Trailers!  (Read 38978 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Who Has A Trailer and Where? Refer to Post #1 for Excel List of Trailers!
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2007, 09:13:26 AM »

Hoist,

I have already created a trailer Excel Spreadsheet for my HOG chapter.  If you like I can give it to you or I would be happy to maintain this information for the CVOs. 
As far as hosting this document I can either provide a web link to my shared server or maybe the Moderators can host it on this web site via a link and password, (if recommended or needed) since it may contain personal information.
Send me a PM to see my spreadsheet.
Glenn

Thanks Glenn. If you'd like to take this over and compile the data in a spreadsheet, I'm all for it. I explained to the mods, that I can keep track of the info in the crude manner I created for this info here, Posts and Word. But if it can be made easier to keep track of and edit, and be made more accessible, that would be best for this valuable info.

Maybe you can forward the spreadsheet to the mods for review. I've already requested that this thread be made a sticky. They're concerned about my ability to maintain this info. Someone more computer savvy like yourself would be able to do a more professional job than me. I don't mind continuing it the way it is now. Any way this info can be maintained, would be a vauable asset to the members of this great site. :)

Hoist! 8)

Solution:
Refer to Post #1 for Excel List of Trailers! http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=18220.msg291163#msg291163
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 01:51:35 PM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Who Has A Trailer and Where?
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2007, 09:21:28 AM »

Howie,

Here's an idea. How about members that have trailers put that info in their profiles and make sure they have a pin on the map. That way if someone has a problem, the map could be used as a location tool. Maybe a new color pin for trailer owners. Doing it this way removes all of the overhead of upkeep.

:indian_chief:

LabRat

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SECU Copper Canyon
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2007, 09:51:55 AM »

Howie,

Here's an idea. How about members that have trailers put that info in their profiles and make sure they have a pin on the map. That way if someone has a problem, the map could be used as a location tool. Maybe a new color pin for trailer owners. Doing it this way removes all of the overhead of upkeep.

Only problem with that is if you're on the road with out internet access. I'd prefer to have something I could print as a 'just in case'.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2007, 10:02:41 AM »

Only problem with that is if you're on the road with out internet access. I'd prefer to have something I could print as a 'just in case'.

The latest information would never be more than a couple cell phone calls away.

Ozzie

• Senior CVO Member
  • Have Trailer - Will Travel To Rescue CVO
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2007, 10:08:57 AM »

Howie,

Already drafted a CVO Trailer member version for the appropriate Moderator(s) to review.  I will forward to a Gobal Moderator soon for comments and suggestions.
I am happy to maintain this spreadsheet for helping CVO'ers on the road.
Glenn
Ride Smart and Be Seen. Then Ride Like the Wind where The Eagles Fly.
Ozzie
03 FLSTF
06 FLHTCU
07 FLTR

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2007, 10:12:37 AM »

Howie,

Already drafted a CVO Trailer member version for the appropriate Moderator(s) to review.  I will forward to a Gobal Moderator soon for comments and suggestions.
I am happy to maintain this spreadsheet for helping CVO'ers on the road.
Glenn

Thanks Glenn! This is helpful info for all of us here. The best way to keep track of it, and the best place to keep this info, is what we should be looking for. Way to go man! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 01:51:23 PM by Hoist »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2007, 10:24:09 AM »

Howie,
My suggestion would be to put the file in Excel format without any personal information in it (personal info in posts), and attach it to your first post. Don't be concerned about keeping the list updated in posts. If someone wants to use it more then likely they'll know where they are travelling they can look at who may be in the area contact that member by PM beforehand and get personal info to carry as they travel.

I doubt that anyone is going to be sitting on the side of the road pull out a laptop and try to get this info to contact a person then. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2007, 10:28:32 AM »

Howie,
My suggestion would be to put the file in Excel format without any personal information in it (personal info in posts), and attach it to your first post. Don't be concerned about keeping the list updated in posts. If someone wants to use it more then likely they'll know where they are travelling they can look at who may be in the area contact that member by PM beforehand and get personal info to carry as they travel.

I doubt that anyone is going to be sitting on the side of the road pull out a laptop and try to get this info to contact a person then. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

If that works for everyone, I'd be happy to replace the Word Document in my first post, with that Excel Document. Glenn, if you can keep up with the Excel program, maybe you can Email it to me as it changes, and I can replace it in the first post as it does. If you want the original Word Document, I'll Email it to you. I'll PM you with my Email.

*Word Document replaced with Excel Document, 12/09/07*

Refer to Post #1 for Excel List of Trailers! http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=18220.msg291163#msg291163

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 01:51:11 PM by Hoist »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2007, 10:35:43 AM »

If that works for everyone, I'd be happy to replace the Word Document in my first post, with that Excel Document. Glenn, if you can keep up with the Excel program, maybe you can Email it to me as it changes, and I can replace it in the first post as it does. If you want the original Word Document, I'll Email it to you. I'll PM you with my Email.

Hoist! 8)
This also may help in some contact being made beforehand to assure that the member may be available to assist. Without that someone may be depending on assistance and that member may not even be at home/in the area to do so. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2007, 12:18:22 PM »

Not sure how possible &/or how much work it would be, but I think Chief's idea would also be very beneficial - different color pins on the map. 
This should make it easy for members to update their own information.  It would also be beneficial to look at the map when planning a trip -- you could write down a few names and contact info before hitting the road.  And like Chief said, you can always get on a cell phone and make a call or two to get someone to look up new info while you are setting on the side of the road.  Just my opinion  :nixweiss:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2007, 12:26:41 PM »

Not sure how possible &/or how much work it would be, but I think Chief's idea would also be very beneficial - different color pins on the map. 
This should make it easy for members to update their own information.  It would also be beneficial to look at the map when planning a trip -- you could write down a few names and contact info before hitting the road.  And like Chief said, you can always get on a cell phone and make a call or two to get someone to look up new info while you are setting on the side of the road.  Just my opinion  :nixweiss:
The only problem with the map thing is we'll probably run into the same problem we are w/the "Member" map now. This is a linked map and dependent on someone else's (Google) software and upkeep. We input the data, but it's up to Google to keep it running w/o errors. Recently there has been days that the map hasn't worked.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2007, 01:45:30 PM »

How about doing this via Yahoo Groups?  Accessible anywhere one can get on even the simplest PC.  User creates his own login.  Info is available only to those the group moderator allows to join (if you want it set up that way).

A group be setup.  Members could request here to join the list.  After approval they could then post in the group their location, trailer type and contact information.

From the road anyone could either have printed that out to take with them or find a PC anywhere and login to Yahoo.

Ozzie

• Senior CVO Member
  • Have Trailer - Will Travel To Rescue CVO
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2007, 06:56:52 PM »

I have created a new Excel spreadsheet with members information who have already volunteered to date.
I would like volunteer to coordinate and/or maintain this spreadsheet with moderators approval and support with the content. I have also included a formula on this spreadsheet that helps members locate a potential volunteer member with a trailer in the area/state of thier planned route. 
Everyone has many good ideas which all could be helpful to someone someday.
Changing the colors of the pins is helpful for immediate identification as long as the web site is working.
Traveling member can pre notify or in case of an emergency contact The Trailer Volunteers if you have a hard copy and of course the trailers are available at your time of travel. Having a hard copy of this spreadsheet could be sent out to requesting members as needed or hosted on this trerrific web site which has given all of us so much helpful information along our riding CVO life.
Not sure who to share this spreadsheet with for review and consideration. 
Anyway let me know if I can help anyone while passing thru, in or around NJ.
Ozzie as I am always doing "odd" things like buying multiple CVOs.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 08:32:01 PM by Ozzie »
Ride Smart and Be Seen. Then Ride Like the Wind where The Eagles Fly.
Ozzie
03 FLSTF
06 FLHTCU
07 FLTR

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2007, 07:06:50 AM »

For all those that have responded in this thread that they have trailers available Naitram has added a feature on member map that will show a pin for trailer owners. Look at this thread/post - No pins on member map for instructions on how to add yours.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2007, 07:23:21 AM »

For all those that have responded in this thread that they have trailers available Naitram has added a feature on member map that will show a pin for trailer owners. Look at this thread/post - No pins on member map for instructions on how to add yours.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Thanks d00d and Naitram, mine's done.

Bob
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 22 queries.