Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: question on J&S lift  (Read 3859 times)

bbowler

• CVO1: 2010 SE street glide concord blue
question on J&S lift
« on: October 26, 2009, 10:08:04 PM »

Does anyone know exactly how the lift holds the bike so securely without straps that you can roll it around and clean it without it even coming close to tipping over? The website looks cool and people rave about it but before layin down 330.00 dollars I would love to know.   Thanks.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: question on J&S lift
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 10:30:09 PM »

Does anyone know exactly how the lift holds the bike so securely without straps that you can roll it around and clean it without it even coming close to tipping over? The website looks cool and people rave about it but before layin down 330.00 dollars I would love to know.   Thanks.

Balance. Seriously.
There are two bars that fit under the frame and are wide enough to hold the bike while still being able to move it around. I procrastinated before buying myself. I looked at the Pitbull and others but this was the best bang for the buck.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 10:37:18 PM »

Balance. Seriously.
There are two bars that fit under the frame and are wide enough to hold the bike while still being able to move it around. I procrastinated before buying myself. I looked at the Pitbull and others but this was the best bang for the buck.

I agree completely!

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 11:15:35 PM »

The jack is fairly wide, and well built.

It is most stable when jacked all the way up and resting on the "stops".

You can do what you see in the video on the their website.

In my garage I have to be careful to remember to set the floor stops to keep it from rolling out the garage, with the bike on it.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=5741.0;all

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=7719.0
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 11:18:45 PM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

yellowhog

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 09:05:07 AM »

I went to their shop last February to see it for myself.  Jim demonstrated it to me and I was sold.  I have told all my friends about this jack and, of course, they were skeptical...until they came over and saw it for themselves...on their OWN bikes naturally!!  My advise...well worth the money!

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 09:15:00 AM »

I am looking for a new jack also. I am undecided between the J&S and the Pitbull. The Pitbull looks like the rails are wider. Is there anybody that has used both to compare?

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 09:46:03 AM »

The J & S Lift works awesome with my SEUC. Very good support when you have it jacked to it's highest point and very solid. Very good investment!!
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 01:34:04 PM »

I have the Pittbull jack. The jack is stable at all heights. Have never had a bad thing to say about the use or quality of the Pittbull jack. If I remember correctly I paid around $ 350.00 for it about 5 years ago.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 02:26:57 PM »

The J & S Lift works awesome with my SEUC. Very good support when you have it jacked to it's highest point and very solid. Very good investment!!

Is it true that it is not so stable at the midpoints??? I read where you need to jack it all the way up to get it completely stable.

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 02:34:13 PM »

I have jacked it up half way and it was secure enough but it becomes more stable when the bike is higher and straight above the jack.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 02:36:10 PM »

I have jacked it up half way and it was secure enough but it becomes more stable when the bike is higher and straight above the jack.

Thanks.....now I just have to decide if I am going to go for the big table lift or one of these smaller jacks. If money and space was not an issue---what would everyone buy--a table lift or one of these jacks?? I keep going over it in my mind---more stable and higher on the lift and easier to do fluids, but easier to remove wheels on the jack. Opinions? :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 06:45:53 PM by mjb765 »

Ultra2010

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 07:34:44 PM »

Bought one, no regrets.  Excellent product.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 08:45:55 PM »

Thanks.....now I just have to decide if I am going to go for the big table lift or one of these smaller jacks. If money and space was not an issue---what would everyone buy--a table lift or one of these jacks?? I keep going over it in my mind---more stable and higher on the lift and easier to do fluids, but easier to remove wheels on the jack. Opinions? :nixweiss:

$ not being a factor, I would buy the J&S jack. It's more versatile. You can bring it outside to wash the bike then bring in back inside to finish detailing.

That's got to be the first time I've ever recommended a less expensive option.  ;D

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 08:47:46 PM »

$ not being a factor, I would buy the J&S jack. It's more versatile. You can bring it outside to wash the bike then bring in back inside to finish detailing.

That's got to be the first time I've ever recommended a less expensive option.  ;D

You didn't even suggest the Pitbull which is more money........what is this place coming to

and 1 other question...why doesn't anybody suggest the Pitbull...it lifts 7in higher than the J&S?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 09:13:49 PM by mjb765 »

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 10:57:23 PM »

Okay, I recommend the Pittbull. I thought that wold have been clear in my last post. ;)
I can put the bike on it and roll it outside, roll it around the garage, change fluids and remove the wheels ll without strapping the bike down. Takes up less space than a table lift. Someday maybe I'll need a table lift but, until that time I'll be happy with my Pittbull.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 25 queries.